Diablo SV vs. SE30 ?

LamboNutter

Any experiences (hands on preferably), of what differences lie btw the SV and the SE30?

I just sat in a 6.0 SE, and then a earlier SV; and I actually fit quite easily in the SV! while the 6.0SE is a no go. I am 6ft7.

I found out that the SV actually had the seat built in lower (due to part of the floor being lowered, which you can feel with your hand, running it under the car!), so that drivers had more space to put on a helmet for the track! Great news for me. However, my first love was always a purple SE30 with the blue alcantara interior. I hear the SE30 did not have the lowered part, but I know a very handy guy who can help me with the seat and/or the floor.

I know there are quite a few SV owners on here, but anyone own or driven an SE30?

Now the question:

What are the differences between the SE30 and the SV? Which one is lighter (any of you owners ever weighed them?)? Which one is better to drive? Etc...

Hey LamboNutter how are you doing?

No first hand experience of driving a SE30 here unfortunately, I've always been a huge fan and ideally would have gone SE30 over an SV, but I was chatting with a Lambo mechanic in the UK earlier this month who said the smaller brakes on the SE30 kill the enjoyment and actually the SV is a better car....

( the design of the SE30 Jota is pretty much the ultimate for me though)

I'm sure that cabin / leg room would be pretty much identical between the 2.

Sv is the better car..The early SE brakes are terrible and lack of windows kills it for me. Also the Sv looks more aggressive inmo.

Isn't the brake issue an easy fix with the Jota/F1 F/R Brembo brake upgrade? Also, many US owners specced electric windows which were dealer retrofitted at time of delivery. From what I have gathered/read the SE30s are the lightest and most agile of the Diablo road cars but not as torquey across the rev range as the later VVT 5.7L Diablos such as an SV.

I think after all these years the SV is the best all around Diablo ever made. The best blend of performance, handling, braking, styling, reliability, quantity of cars available, RWD etc. When you factor in just how rare these cars are, it makes you appreciate the best bang for the buck. You can have a great SV now or a great SE30 a few years from now (or have it now at a huge premium, or being really lucky).

The SV also marks the transition in looks from the older Diablos to the newer ones. Mainly interior, wheels, tail lights and tail light surrounds.....SE30 is sorta the end of the old school Diablo look.

However, for extreme Diablos, kinda hard to top the SE30 (Jota) and GT I think. Upgraded brakes and whatever other parts you need from later Diablos should correct any issues one has. If cost is no object, I can't see how you don't have one of these Diablos.

Still curious the real world power difference between SE30, SE30 Jota, GT vs. the SV/VT, early 2WD cars. Lambo has traditionally been good to claim big HP differences between models when it usually wasn't there (Miura, Countach).

I just love the SE30 look. That nose, with everything else just make it look like a perfect angry curve.

It was my first love, my first poster. The one I couldn't stop dreaming about.

The SV is amazing too, and proper old school 2WD.

For a 1993 intro with all that carbon was a good 10 years ahead of its time – Miura look engine cover, the 17 inch front and 18 inch one piece mag wheels and mag engine components, a 7.5 kg lightened crank , titanium lug nuts, 3 different traction control settings or total exclusion, three settings rear sway bars that can be adjusted on the fly, adjustable flap of the rear wing, the slanted front nose topped off with an Alcantara interior set the SE30 apart from all other Diablos. I agree that also the SV is an amazing machine -

Interior__2_.jpg

Engine__2___2_.jpg

SE30 for me too, just the the look.

The SE30 was also available with electric windows, not sure what countries it was an option for or if it was just specific to someone ordering the car. I've seen a few with electric windows, there was even one in Eurospares that was dismantled with electric windows.

By a narrow margin I actually prefer the body shape and overall stance of the SV over the SE30. I also don't care for the sea of alcantara in the European SE30 and prefer the black leather option offered on the USA cars. However, all things being equal, if it came to a straight choice I would choose the SE30 simply for the colour.

SE30 purple is the best colour on any Lambo, ever. IMO

The SE30 had an option of larger Brembo brakes, shown on the prototype 000, these were optional at extra cost, so not a standard fitment.

The SE30 had an option of larger Brembo brakes, shown on the prototype 000, these were optional at extra cost, so not a standard fitment.

I dont believe this to be the case, as not only have I never seen an SE fitted with larger brakes, but Id think Lambo would of supplied the press with cars with this option so as not to hear everyone of them complain about how the brakes were not up to the job.

I dont believe this to be the case, as not only have I never seen an SE fitted with larger brakes, but Id think Lambo would of supplied the press with cars with this option so as not to hear everyone of them complain about how the brakes were not up to the job.

You are correct and the brakes are a disgrace to the car. Had one at Mosport when they first came out and they barely lasted 2 laps and Mosport is easy on brakes.

I believe Placid had the Mac F1/Brembo brake upgrade on his Jota. Maybe he could chime in.

The Mac calipers are noticeably bigger peeking through the wheels:

dsc01905mwx2vejbys.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Jesus the SE30 is a thing of beauty. To me it sounds like you are extremely passionate about the SE30 and should go with it for that reason alone..

yes, you are right: it was my first love, and I can't get over it. Purple SE with blue alcantara interior.

Stop talking about it and buy an SE. Do it :-)! Nothing looks like a purple SE.

True story!! I love it. Would look great next my SV.

yes, you are right: it was my first love, and I can't get over it. Purple SE with blue alcantara interior.

True story!! I love it. Would look great next my SV.

I adore the SE30 and considered the viola RHD one for sale here recently but it's just too dangerous a prospect IMO - it's such a hard colour to shift on if and when you want to do so, that for me (someone that like to chop and swop every 18 months or so), it's not so easy which is evidenced by the fact that it's been up for sale for the last 6 months from a respected seller/dealer.

Lovely car but you really want a CGT so pull your thumb out and get it bought before prices jump.

it's such a hard colour to shift on

I'm suprised to hear that - I thought the purple was the colour to have on a SE30?

Yikes !!!

That's about a 50% premium over a mint SV - .... the heart would definitely have to overrule the head to make that work - but that pretty much sums up Lambo ownership I guess :icon_thumleft:

( stunning car mind you..)