Diablo SV vs. SE30 ?

LamboNutter

I'm suprised to hear that - I thought the purple was the colour to have on a SE30?

Same, that would be the ONLY colour I'd own an SE in.

Inmo, the best part of the SE, is the carbon interior parts. On the exterior the best part was the sideskirts and they fixed that on the SV Monterey Edition. Im not a fan of the wheels, bumpers, and lack of windows in the SE..not to mention the brakes. The SV is the better car inmo.. Both the SV and SE will go up in value, but you will have a higher entry point with the SE.. So inmo, the SV is the way to go..Also built quality improved over the years, so the later cars are built better..

http://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/lambor...blo/1994/224995

Purple over blue SE30 for sale, if you're interested.

Cats has had one for sale for years at $259k. It's a stunning example.

http://www.catsexotics.com/web/used/Lambor...hington/595248/

A friend of mine picked a nice SV below $120k (if I remember correctly) last year.

SV's can be bought well and will appreciate.

Personally I prefer the SV, AC and windows that work are nice.

I adore the SE30 and considered the viola RHD one for sale here recently but it's just too dangerous a prospect IMO - it's such a hard colour to shift on if and when you want to do so, that for me (someone that like to chop and swop every 18 months or so), it's not so easy which is evidenced by the fact that it's been up for sale for the last 6 months from a respected seller/dealer.

Lovely car but you really want a CGT so pull your thumb out and get it bought before prices jump.

agree, I will admit such a Diablo won't sell quickly like a common Fiat Abarth. :) but thats also not why one buys such a car.

SE30 would be a keeper. Hell, I would be happy enough to put it in my living room, and drive it once or twice a year (i'm 6ft7, so any Diablo I buy wouldn't be to drive long distances with!). If I had a house, that is.... :(

I love the CGT, but its a no competition at which I would walk up to first, if both were parked up at a petrol station.

• 4 months later...

SE30 for me hands down. There were 1-2 pcs running around in Singapore I think it must have been 1999-2000 when I last saw it. Sadly they were exported out. And with the JOTA kit=dream come true for me!

SE30 without a doubt. You already have the 670 for the ultimate driving machine. So add the SE30 for the looks and collectibility.

When i purchased my red 6.0, there was a Purple SE in the show room, and to me it was a no brainer. The SE30 is a raw Diablo, not suitable for driving in any heat or practical situation. I felt the interior was too bare, the lack of window movement for me was the biggest turnoff.

I suppose if money though was no issue, then i may have an SE30 simply to take out on cool nights and enjoy once in a blue moon, but if i could only buy 1 Diablo, i certainly wouldn't buy an SE30.

When i purchased my red 6.0, there was a Purple SE in the show room, and to me it was a no brainer. The SE30 is a raw Diablo, not suitable for driving in any heat or practical situation. I felt the interior was too bare, the lack of window movement for me was the biggest turnoff.

I suppose if money though was no issue, then i may have an SE30 simply to take out on cool nights and enjoy once in a blue moon, but if i could only buy 1 Diablo, i certainly wouldn't buy an SE30.

:iamwithstupid:

It would be my second Diablo if money was no object. And it would have to be in SE30 purple - the most outrageous jaw dropping Lambo colour.

The SE30 is a raw Diablo, not suitable for driving in any heat or practical situation.

That's exactly why I would like one - !

That purple SE30 Jota pictured above is the absolute pinnacle of automotive design IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

SE hands down in the looks dept.

The later open light SV's were better, certainly with the interiors, but sadly always look like a kit 6.0 / halfway house affair from the front imo.

Great cars I am sure but the SE is simply ' right' from all angles. Gorgeous...

Both are solid choices but personally the SV is best Diablo in my eyes. Best of luck! :icon_thumleft:

post-8919-1412801749_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1412801798_thumb.jpg