Lamborghini Prototype Road Rage

a007apl

Every time I stop somewhere, especially gas stations, people ask if they could take pictures of my car. I usually let them sit in the car and I take pictures with their phones. I've probably had 500 kids sit my car for pictures.

It does get annoying on the highway when people stay right next to you and videotape you especially when you have to get over and there's too much traffic to accelerate around them.

I have actually had a couple people follow me right to my house so they could see the car. That really pisses me off.

It's incredible how little respect some people have.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had two members on my website have their cars trashed because idiots with cell phones went over the line trying to record them while driving. One happened just last weekend on a car with significant sentimental value to him and his family (did about $80k in damage), the other had his brand spanking new 458 get drilled by an idiot on an offramp during an overzealous pursuit. Beyond the damage to the cars, they are both lucky nobody was injured or killed.

It's just stupid behavior. Everyone says "Oh cry me a river, you bought a Lambo and now you don't want attention." Um, not at all. That's the price of admission with exotic cars and generally most people enjoy sharing cool cars with the public. There's a big difference between snapping a photo or two and following around a guy for 45 minutes trying to multitask with a video camera and driving a car in heavy traffic. Add in some stubborn refusal to get the point that the guy doesn't want you stalking him anymore and weaving in and out of traffic to continue harassing him.

Society gets dumber by the day.

Well, the spotter, and I can count myself amongst folks like these, is a bit off here. He admitted that he was trying to force the Huracan to stop so he could get some footage of it for his YouTube channel. Really, he feels its his right to STOP a moving car for his edification? The Lambo driver is on the job. On the other hand, from a PR perspective, Lambo will take a hit. The video is selectively edited too because it sounds like the Huracan almost wreck because of the spotter (Jason) who didn't deny it when confronted with that the end. Notice the Lambo driver didn't object to the actual recording but more of the >1 hr pursuit of a car that is now publicly launch.

All around this is just a Fuster Cluck if you ask me.

Did he say force? or did he say he was following it until it needed fuel to shoot some pictures of it. He also said he didn't cause any wrecks, and where there any? Do we know of any wrecks specifically caused from their interaction? Is it any worse than someone who drives around with GoPros strapped to their foreheads making YouTube videos for money? Nah, probably not.

The Huracan driver, if he felt threatened, should have called the cops, but he didn't. He called for backup to block a car that's been publicly unveiled with minimal to almost no camouflage on it while on a high-traveled public highway in broad day light. Let that sink it.

I'm sure he wasn't charged with an oath to hide the car as much as possible or make sure no one videos or takes photos of it.

Personally, I wouldn't have followed for 45 minutes, but whatever, that's not my bread and butter. And since it's a public street he is well within his rights to film and the Huracan driver assaulted him when he reached in the car, shoved the equipment and intimidated him.

Is it what I or many of us would have done? No probably not, but don't lose sleep over it. It's good to keep people in check, transporter, joy rider or corporate driver or whomever it was.

There's a big difference between snapping a photo or two and following around a guy for 45 minutes trying to multitask with a video camera and driving a car in heavy traffic.

:iamwithstupid:

You have to be a bit special to follow a car for 45 mins when the car has been publically launched.

Problem with these YouTube video makers that they are so intent on click whoring for hits that they goad people into doing something and that is just not right. How much footage of a car driving along a road do you need?

Even when an A8 comes along he is still filming? What does that say about the character of the guy filming? Normal brains would have got the message.

The camera guy is an absolute moron, why would you follow anyone for 45 minutes? After he was being an idiot causing the problem he proceeds to waste 911's time with his nonsense stripping resources from a real emergency!

if that guy reached in my car like that he would be bigger issues than someone following him. that guy totally overreacted.

I have known Jason for a long time, he is a nice guy and talented photographer. Videos are something that he has been doing more of, and his YouTube channel has taken off. This was posted on FChat by someone that lives in FL “The local story I keep hearing from friends is that an Audi executive has a Huracan and is driving it daily between his home in Fort Myers and his work in Clearwater, FL.” and I think Jason got wind of it. Why follow the car for 45 minutes filming then stop and keep the camera going? To get some good footage and reactions, which is exactly what he got.

PS someone following you and taping your for 45 minutes is borderline stalking. If a guy walked behind you and your wife 2 ft away and taped her for 45 minutes would you say...hey its a free country? This is just as creepy and lame behaviour. A quick pic or vid...fine..comes with the territory. When you can't move lanes because some dumbass is keeping pace with you for half an hour....different story. Just because you buy a Lambo doesn't mean you OWE the public shit. I let kids and ppl sit in my car for photos...makes me happy when I can brighten someones day.....but as someone said..when they follow me all the way to my house to talk about stupid shit...it pisses me off.....

Problem with these YouTube video makers that they are so intent on click whoring for hits that they goad people into doing something and that is just not right.

This... who knows what happened that wasn't shown in his videos. The lengths people will go to for footage/recognition has already been shown by the paparazzi who talk trash to celebs in hopes of getting punched in the face. In my opinion, both parties acted like complete jackasses.

this is the same idiot who took video hanging out of a veyron racing an F50 around NYC...following someone for 45 minutes who is obviously trying to avoid you, documenting their trying to get away and your continued harassment, and then documenting locking yourself in the car like a coward isn't really a good look.

I have had assholes follow me home to take videos and pictures of my cars and I have to say I have zero patience now for this type of behavior . So this Jason dude follows the lambo for 45 min and wonders why the driver is upset at him. He is lucky he didn't get shot.

Pretty bizarre video. Given that everyone carries a camera in their pocket you'd think if they were that set on not being videod they'd keep off public roads. I think it will be easy to side up with guy doing the filming, but we're only seeing one side of the story as he could easily have edited out any of the incidents that would have caused the Huracan driver's rage.

I think youd be high as a kite to think there is ANY way to side with the guy doing the filming... Driving a Lamborghini does not make you a public figure, it does not make you open to being followed for over an hour. How did he not know this guy wasnt going to follow him home? Try to rob him? Car jack him? Inmo... there was enough cause there to think your life is in danger and he could of taken measures to defend himself.

The photog is no douche. He's actually a professional. He got caught up in the moment I guess. He's also allowed to video for as long as he'd like. Last I checked it's still a free country. If you're going to be driving a prototype vehicle, you're going to get videoed, get used to it

He is a total douche... and if it were you , in your car and he followed you home ( which he was going to do with this person as he was ready to follow him until he stopped) you would feel differently..

I have known Jason for a long time, he is a nice guy and talented photographer. Videos are something that he has been doing more of, and his YouTube channel has taken off. This was posted on FChat by someone that lives in FL “The local story I keep hearing from friends is that an Audi executive has a Huracan and is driving it daily between his home in Fort Myers and his work in Clearwater, FL.” and I think Jason got wind of it. Why follow the car for 45 minutes filming then stop and keep the camera going? To get some good footage and reactions, which is exactly what he got.

The reactions would of been far better inmo if the guy got out and beat the shit out of him.. I would of liked the video alot more then... Ive known Jason and as well, and respected his work, and seeing this has made me lose all respect for him.

How old is this guy?

I get it, there used to be a time in all of our lives when seeing an exotic was the best thing that could ever happen. But at some point you gotta grow up, act like you've been there and keep it moving.

He photographs exotics for a living, at some point you gotta become a little jaded at this stuff.

Try that down here and he would have gotten shot.

Now that's something that would be going viral on Youtube...

Maybe he'll go for that next time.

These guys taking pictures of cars are getting out of control around France and Spain...

This year alone I can't count how many times I nearly ran over some loser trying to shoot up the vents, while cruising in the city or maneuvering in tight spots. The morons jump from the sidewalk to the middle of the street and stop traffic like they are the only ones in the world... Worst is when trying to reverse, and the camera in the back only shows some punk leaning while the motherfucker is trying to look inside the exhaust...

In Europe running over one of these POS is hardly cause for a lawsuit, but I guess that in the US this could be something that a ambulance chaser would pursue, given who normally is on the other end.

If that guy followed me for that long another car would have shown up for me too. It wouldn't have ended well for him.

Sure he has every right to film a car in public, but folioing the car for 45 minutes and breaking some laws himself while doing it. In the same situation I'd have had the same reaction as the driver as well. At the point that the driver started trying to get away, Jason knew he was in the wrong, but as someone said, Jason is making money of this controversy so it behooved him to play it out and he got the perfect result for him.

I agree with most of you guys. IMO he got off too easy. The fact that he started the video saying he did some sketch maneuvers to turn around on the highway and catch up is a bad start. I kind wonder what he cut out because there were some scenes that looked downright dangerous. I would be really pissed. Take a short video, enjoy the car, and move on. Don't stalk someone for over 45 min. It doesn't matter if its someones personal car or a company car. Show some respect.

but as someone said, Jason is making money of this controversy so it behooved him to play it out and he got the perfect result for him.

But that makes him a bigger piece of vermin imo.

Did anyone else notice the Audis tail lights?

They were from the 2015 model that hasn't been released yet. I wonder what association the two guys have with Audi/Lamborghini?

Yeah, i was like why is everyone saying this is an A8? The tail lights looked like A6 lights to me, but the profile looked like an A8