World Cup. Copa Mundial.

Roman

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of horeseshit on that penalty AND a yellow.. don't like to tinfoil but anyone else think the ref might be inclined to give brazil a big edge?

What a bunch of horeseshit on that penalty AND a yellow.. don't like to tinfoil but anyone else think the ref might be inclined to give brazil a big edge?

Yeah I have been thinking that. A lot has been very questionable.

Brazil have had massive possession but the counter attacks have shown them up

To be fair Oscar has deserved it, MOTM for me yet everyone will babble on about Neymar.

Shouldn't the ref be Brazil's MOTM? Wasn't just that penalty, there were quite a few ridiculous decisions. And some dreadful behaviour from Brazilian players too, they reminded me more than a little of Portugal when they were under Scolari's leadership.

Anyway, getting back to the picks, I like to be awkward so I'm going for Portugal.

Germany to win! Bosnia finally made to the World Cup, decent team, I gotta pull for them even though they might get blown out by Messi and Argentina on Saturday!

I didn't see Brazil/Croatia, but two points:

a) Bad call or not, this isn't like momentum in football or basketball -- you don't lose 3-1 off a "bad" call in soccer

B) Home field advantage in a world cup? See 1998 World Cup Finals, Brazil vs. France...

I didn't see Brazil/Croatia, but....

a) Bad call or not, this isn't like momentum in football or basketball -- you don't lose 3-1 off a "bad" call in soccer

Not off one bad call, no. However... Croatia scored a goal which was disallowed due to a striker getting close to the goalie. Brazil's last goal happened immediately after a rugby tackle in midfield for which play was inexplicably not stopped. And then we have that infamous penalty.

Those were by no means the only odd decisions, but the ones which most directly affected the final score.

Yeah I feel for Croatia and the comments by the Croatian players and manager were 100% justified.

Knowing FIFA...

Well put it this way, lots of people share the same opinion. Yes Brazil deserved it but the way calls went, that penalty, those 50/50 tackles just did not sit right.

Brasil deserved the win, after all they scored all the goals :icon_mrgreen:

The penalty was complete BS, it ruined the match IMO.

Also have I mentioned I dislike day time games? It should've been played in the evening under the lights.

Ceasar went up like a wet noodle, Olic had no business winning that ball, but he did, the challenge was fair and the goal should have stood.

The penalty was embarrassing how he went down, but the keeper should have had that.

Diving and whinging, lost a lot of respect for Brazil, that's not how they should play.

In general, I despised the last world cup because of all the dives people were taking and faking to get calls. I sure as hell would not want to win any games because of dives. Hopefully it won't be like this the whole time.

lets see, I am american, so I will cheer USA

Girlfriend is Colombian so I will cheer on Colombia

I live in Mexico so I will cheer on Mexico

Hopefully none will meet against each other or it may be my last game i watch

In general, I despised the last world cup because of all the dives people were taking and faking to get calls. I sure as hell would not want to win any games because of dives. Hopefully it won't be like this the whole time.

:iamwithstupid:

Did italy win last time? Or was that the time before? I remember the year they won it was a Greg Louganis convention.

Spain won last time but Italy made it to semis I think. But I think you're right, probably the last 2 world cups were filled with dives. Hoping to catch the Netherlands game today. Hoping to be installing my engine this weekend....finally. But I will watch what I can around that.

Ceasar went up like a wet noodle, Olic had no business winning that ball, but he did, the challenge was fair and the goal should have stood.

The penalty was embarrassing how he went down, but the keeper should have had that.

Diving and whinging, lost a lot of respect for Brazil, that's not how they should play.

Brazilian press who you would expect to be a whipped up mess of hysteria even admit the Japanese ref made a lot of mistakes.

Mex vs Cam. Hmmm, some contentious events already.

Also have I mentioned I dislike day time games? It should've been played in the evening under the lights.

I guess it would have been too late for the massive European crowd. The late games now kick off at midnight CET, which is late enough!