When I come to power...

capt_chaos

Maybe when I am an old retired fcuk like you guys i'll love spending the time to heat up the good ole brickets.. Until then gas is just fine with me. :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, most of the big chains use gas broilers. There is a restaurant near me that has this setup.

IMAG0110_zpsbwcnppzw.jpg

The cook that runs it is badass. I like to sit at the bar nearby just to watch. Pretty much every entree is cooked on that grill. He'll have double cut pork chops, several kinds of fish, steaks, etc. all going at once. All the sides and sauces are cooked on it also, in small cast iron pans. He keeps it all going, feeding the fire and adjusting the grille height, controlling flare ups, and even plates all the food coming off it. Somehow everything comes out perfect too. My next house will have one in the kitchen.

What restaraunt is that? I may have to give it a try!

No love for the microwave huh?

(BTW... You're all wrong... Gas versus charcoal = :icon_anal: . Electric smoker FTW- If it takes less than 18 hours to cook, youre a fcuking amateur.)

On a side note, does anyone wear a mask and goggles like me when cooking with charcoal? It's not like I'm working in a coal mine, but I don't think it hurts either....

Now that you mention it, I was just outside cooking a burger...

iz8PaUP.png

Maybe when I am an old retired fcuk like you guys i'll love spending the time to heat up the good ole brickets.. Until then gas is just fine with me. :icon_mrgreen:

My gas grill has ceramic briquettes a lot of them do so you might already be using them!

I'm glad to see the hardcore love for charcoal on LP!! :headbang:

The average person prefers gas by far, and they are wrong.

Ok, so to have a little fun with this thread.....what restaurant can one go for a delicious steak that's grilled with charcoal?

I'm pretty sure the majority of "elite" steakhouses use gas. Was told in Texas you can be taken care of.

Weber Grill restaurant uses coal. 2000 lbs. per day

http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/AboutU...cid=9&id=89

Good to see the vast majority are not a bunch of dress wearing todger strokers and rightly shunning gas for outdoor cooking. The pro gas crowd will be first against the wall

RE steak on the BBQ, I find that unless you are cooking a big cut then it is not worth the hassle and use a griddle pan. Steak must be cooked in such a way that when it is served on your plate it is still able to munch on your side orders ie rare.

Good to see the vast majority are not a bunch of dress wearing todger strokers and rightly shunning gas for outdoor cooking. The pro gas crowd will be first against the wall

RE steak on the BBQ, I find that unless you are cooking a big cut then it is not worth the hassle and use a griddle pan. Steak must be cooked in such a way that when it is served on your plate it is still able to munch on your side orders ie rare.

Even medium rare is over done.

Yes, Spend an hour getting everything ready and up to temp and then wave the steak over the coals and shut her down.

Is there any concern around carcinogens forming when fat drips on hot coals? I seem to recall something about this years ago. I want you chaos

Is there any concern around carcinogens forming when fat drips on hot coals? I seem to recall something about this years ago. I want you chaos.

For crying out loud woman, you are forever flirting with me. E v e r y post you seem to find a way to come on to me.

For crying out loud woman, you are forever flirting with me. E v e r y post you seem to find a way to come on to me.
yes my love. Nothing sexier (besides you) than carcinogens :monkeyleft:

Edit:

I just saw the "I want you chaos". If I had written it - I would have screamed it: I WANT YOU CHAOS!!!

Now - will someone answer my question re cancer causing BBQ residue?

I wonder if drool dripping onto hot coals has the same effect because if I'm BBQing AND thinking of you at the same time I might douse the fire :eusa_drool:

Edit:

I just saw the "I want you chaos". If I had written it - I would have screamed it: I WANT YOU CHAOS!!!

I wonder if drool dripping onto hot coals has the same effect because if I'm BBQing AND thinking of you at the same time I might douse the fire :eusa_drool:

After my cancer scare I started looking into this stuff. There's a lot of conflicting thoughts, but the one that seemed most established is "low and slow" is the way to cook... One of the main reasons I bought an electric smoker.

Edit:

I have heard this before. True or not? I don't know. My guess is, probably. If I was worried about carcinogens, I should stop breathing air. My BBQ is last on the list of carcinogen worries. Sitting in traffic has to be about 10,000X worse for you.

After my cancer scare I started looking into this stuff. There's a lot of conflicting thoughts, but the one that seemed most established is "low and slow" is the way to cook... One of the main reasons I bought an electric smoker.
Interesting solution. I'll look into this

I have heard this before. True or not? I don't know. My guess is, probably. If I was worried about carcinogens, I should stop breathing air. My BBQ is last on the list of carcinogen worries. Sitting in traffic has to be about 10,000X worse for you.
If I recall it had something to do with fat from beef (like hamburger or steak) dripping onto the coals.

I'm with you - I don't worry about it. I'm just curious if it was ever resolved.

Is there any concern around carcinogens forming when fat drips on hot coals? I seem to recall something about this years ago. I want you chaos

Don't give the Michael Bloombergs of this world any ideas! Next thing you know, they'll be trying to outlaw charcoal BBQing.

I have a built in gas BBQ outside. I am not a fan, but I soak and smoke with wood chips to get a little flavor back. I live in an extreme fire hazard zone in a canyon, so I have to accept my fate.

Been rocking a Charbroil Infrared for 5 years now. Gets the job done! The next house will have an outdoor set up with either wood or charcoal.

i ended up getting both grills...gas and coal. when im heating for myself....i have no patience to wait 45 min for coal for 1 steak....so ill use the gas. but when I have people over....coal all the way

What's your impression of your Gator Pit?

never used it, gas grill is sooo much easier.