What stupid rally did this happen on?

Not sure why he lied. If he had said "I didn't see him and accidentally changed into his lane" insurance still would have covered him. It's not like they only cover accidents that are not your fault.

The speed involved... Insurance typically doesn't cover racing events. And everyone involved would have been dumped by their insurance (even if the incident was covered) like a hot rock (not to mention criminal charges/tickets).

The speed involved... Insurance typically doesn't cover racing events. And everyone involved would have been dumped by their insurance (even if the incident was covered) like a hot rock (not to mention criminal charges/tickets).

I'm guessing statute of limitations is up for criminal charges, but what options arise for the insurance companies involved now that the video is public? The claims are settled and obviously the R8 was responsible for all damages, even if it wasn't a blown tire that caused it. Can they drop the insured for something that happened three years ago, or is it all water under the bridge at this point?

It still amazes me how people film themselves doing stupid things and put it on the net for the whole world to see.

The reality is... you dont make shit... his last video got 500k views so far... he'd make around $500

i thought you get around $3 per 1,000 interactions (views, likes or comments)

I'm pissed people kept driving without immediately pulling over to help, especially the Murcielago.

+1

its one of the reasons I stopped going to or organising events here, had a few events where douchebags just drove straight past an accident not giving 2 shits about anyone but themselves.

The worst case was a guy unrelated to our event rode his motorbike into a ditch right in front of us, and nobody stopped to see if the guy was OK. disgraceful.

I am sure everyone would want to stop and try to help, you can actually see some of the cars stopped further up from where the accident happened but at those speeds you will find yourself quite far away until you can safely pull over, one way traffic on a very busy highway you pulling your car over and walking back isn't the safest or the smartest thing you can do.

I remember last year a fatal crash here in which 4 teenagers lost their lives when they pulled over on the side of the freeway due to a breakdown and got rear ended at high speed.

Not saying he lied... but he did wait 3 years to put up a video which he obviously knew would get alot of attention from the beginning.. A video which would surely change the blown tire option.

not easy for him either...the way i see it its..

1. lose some friends and not getting invited for events.

2. help a poor women who is the victim to win the lawsuit.

I got myself in similar situation before too..im sure he wishes to post that video on day one..but there might be alot of reason he didn't do it.

Around $1

It all depends how attractive your channel is fir the advertisers, som make more some make less, but i think $3 per 1000 views is average. You can make alot money, the biggest ones out there are millionares on youtube revenue.

It still amazes me how people film themselves doing stupid things and put it on the net for the whole world to see.

thats the truth, how desperate are these people for attention?

I am quite sure that if the insurance company knew that he was on an "official" rally or race they would not cover the incident. I have my own experience with false lawsuits and the first thing my own insurance carrier ask me was I doing any type of "event", which fortunately I was not. That Audi was probably a good 130k? and the insurance paid out on it , if they come across this tape now I cant see why that wouldnt want to recover their loss and possible criminal charges for insurance fraud from the owner. Hopefully it has past the statue of limitations for insurance fraud for that state, otherwise there is potential for some further problems for the owner.

It reminds me of this vid, where some douche bag from the bay area tried to blame this accident on me and 2 other lambo owners on a Gunball rally back in the day.We fortunately had this and another vid which showed we were quite a distance away when it happened. Needless to say we were shitting bricks until the videos popped up. BTW, I saw this entire thing unfold in my rear view mirror a good 1/4 mile behind me, I immediatley slowed down and watch the douche bag and his friends immediately get off at the next exit to come up with a plan to blame us.

I as well dont do the big runs or rallies anymore, too much risk and wanna be papparazi wanting to make a quick buck at someone elses expense.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the way the racing exclusion reads in 9 out of 10 insurance policies:

Exclusions:

Loss to "your covered auto" or any "nonowned

auto", located inside a facility

designed for racing, for the purpose of:

a. Competing in; or

b. Practicing or preparing for;

any prearranged or organized racing or speed contest.

As you can see it is only addresses accidents off road/on a track.

Received this from my State Farm agent today:

I called and had a more detailed conversation with Underwriting and was told whenever a motorcycle/car is used competitively it can be defined as racing which is specifically excluded from coverage under a State Farm policy. Refer to page 3 of the attachment where I’ve highlighted the exclusions.

I verified with my 3 carriers (Progressive, State Farm and Allstate) that they would not cover any of these events.

Glad the cars following stopped and pulled over to make sure everyone was alright................

I don't want anyone on my planet that doesn't stop and help at accident scenes.

Glad the cars following stopped and pulled over to make sure everyone was alright................

I don't want anyone on my planet that doesn't stop and help at accident scenes.

Or atleast pull over a safe distance away and call the cops and wait to make sure they show up. There are plenty of places where it would be downright dangerous to pull over and could make the situation worse. But you at least have to find a place to stop and call the police.

Theres an overtaking (fast) lane for a reason. Some people just don't know how to use the roads, happens everyday in the US......rally or not! Overtaking in the right lanes is just plain wreckless!

Overtaking in the right lanes is just plain wreckless!

It is, BUT too many people in the US have no clue how to drive or use the left land which causes people to have to overtake in the right lane.

It is, BUT too many people in the US have no clue how to drive or use the left land which causes people to have to overtake in the right lane.

Bingo!