Running of the Bulls

Smash Boy

No, not the Lambo run :icon_mrgreen:

The classic annual event in Spain....they just had it this weekend.

Anybody ever do it or consider it?

My friend just did it, and my dad did it too back in the day. I've been told it was the most terrified they've ever been in their lives!

It's tempting as the rush will most certainly be there and the injury/casualty rate is pretty low.

826 of the longest meters of your life though, even if you'll be running in record pace. :icon_mrgreen:

post-1098-1404842286_thumb.jpg

post-1098-1404842334_thumb.jpg

post-1098-1404842368_thumb.jpg

I dont see the appeal.

I'd be more concerned about the humans. I've seen people grab other people to use them as human shields.

My father did it years ago, and one of my good friends did it this year. I may have to try it some time.

I see no point in doing that, call me crazy but the tought of a horn through my spine doesn't sound very appealing to me.

was planning on going this year with some friends but it fell apart, maybe next year....

It is a very dumb way to die.

I dunno, seems pretty safe! What's the worst that could happen?

34.jpg

I dunno, seems pretty safe! What's the worst that could happen?

34.jpg

It can always get worse... always. I have absolutely no desire to do this. Risk vs. reward doesn't seem like I would get much out of it. My cousin and I used to play chicken and run across the bullpen while being chased by 2,500# bulls when we were ten, so let's say it lost it's appeal as I aged.

1363582637b954d7e82c3b7cbcb68b2640e829fb17[1].jpg

julio-aparicio-diaz-bull-horn-mouth-throat.jpg

Warning, this last one is very graphic. The matador lived and was nicknamed "The Pirate". He was back fighting bulls with an eyepatch on five months after it happened.

padilla%200250.jpg

It is a very dumb way to die.

So I was curious to see how many people have died on the running of the bulls. Not many surprisingly. 15 since 1922. How many have been seriously injured? I cant really find any stats.

I would rather Sky Dive. People ask me why, really its pretty safe. 19 people died sky diving in 2012. Really not many, since there are hundreds of thousands of jumps a year.

So I was curious to see how many people have died on the running of the bulls. Not many surprisingly. 15 since 1922. How many have been seriously injured? I cant really find any stats.

I would rather Sky Dive. People ask me why, really its pretty safe. 19 people died sky diving in 2012. Really not many, since there are hundreds of thousands of jumps a year.

I sky dove 3 days ago. I survived.

I sky dove 3 days ago. I survived.

Im glad, you are a cool dude!

How many of those 19 were tandem jumps?

I'd imagine maybe a handful tops, if that.

If anyone is interested, I posted a pix of myself a few days ago on the LP Facebook page at San Fermin running with the bulls.