LP640 custom headers almost complete!

alpha6164

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressive! Congratulations!

Those are great numbers. I'm amazed those were left on the table too. How come no other tuner has picked up on this ?.. World class work by your fabricator..

Those are great numbers. I'm amazed those were left on the table too. How come no other tuner has picked up on this ?.. World class work by your fabricator..

Just like anything most have gone for the easy pickings. There aren't that many people with set of skills that would take the time and attempt this project not knowing whether it will even do anything positive. Dwight took off the stock headers and was very confident that we would pick up power. At the end of the day even though the Murci is a relatively low production car Lambo just wanted a smaller package and am sure didn't want to hand weld every header.

From when I dropped off the car was a little over 3 weeks. When tune is done and we dyno the car again most likely we will take off the headers and have them lasered so he can make 20+ sets. I know one Lambo dealership has already requested 10 sets ;) needless to say I am hoping by the time this is done my car will be dynoing even higher than an SV.

Car sounds incredible! What is the dip at around 4800rpm?

Every Murci/LP640 dyno i have looked at has the exact same dip at same spot. I can only assume it must be the variable cam transition or something along those lines.

Every Murci/LP640 dyno i have looked at has the exact same dip at same spot. I can only assume it must be the variable cam transition or something along those lines.

:icon_thumleft: Makes sense. I don't remember if I have seen a Murci graph

We should look at doing a group buy; I know I'd be in if the price was right.

Alpha - what is the 'seat of your pants' feeling now compared to stock? Guessing that much HP is pretty noticeable!

Alpha - what is the 'seat of your pants' feeling now compared to stock? Guessing that much HP is pretty noticeable!

That's what I was thinking, the Lambo VTEC kicked in, yo. :icon_mrgreen: Please get cabin vids of driving around. Flybys, ugh. We can't live vicariously with drivebys, we need cabin ones too!

the seats of your pants feeling is pretty good. From 6000rpm to redline i def def can tell the car is picking up way faster. The car has picked up from 40-50whp depending on the lowest or highest pre-header dyno so that is significant.

Drum roll please............................

The car put down 616AWP and 453 ft/tq :icon_super:

I will post up the dyno graphs tomorrow. So for summary here is how the car progressed

Quicksilver exhaust/Pre-header= 533AWP/ 408 ft/tq

Post-Header 591AWP/ 432 ft/tq

Post-Header/tune 616AWP/ 453 ft/tq

We have a net of roughly 80 AWP and 45 ft/lb tq gain. That is pretty much a 100hp gain at the crank. I know 95% of people were skeptical and said there will be NO gain with headers. But i guess you wont know until you try it and this is pretty much the first Murci/LP/SV that i know of that has headers and i maybe wrong but the highest dyno'd Murci on a allwheel drive dynoet. I know stock Aventadors that put down 610-620AWP so this is pretty amazing to have this level of power with just bolt ons.

And yes gentleman, this how i like to get shit done. Fast efficient with data, numbers to back up. Nothing frustrates me more than people spending gobs of money on exhaust etc but dont take one last step to see if whatever they did to their car helped or hurt the performance overall.

Nice work. Appreciate the no nonsense straight getting it done. Maybe you should go work on the Stig.

I wonder what some nice headers would do for the Gallardo? Some nice sound at the least I bet.

Nice work. Appreciate the no nonsense straight getting it done. Maybe you should go work on the Stig.

I wonder what some nice headers would do for the Gallardo? Some nice sound at the least I bet.

I have not looked at the headers on a Gallardo/LP560/570 etc but if they are anything like the Murci then it would obviously make a difference. In N/A applications having equal length runners makes a huge difference. I know when my fabricator took the headers off the LP, he was like holy shit these look awful. Extremely sharp angles, short runners that obviously are not equal length etc. If you look at the pre-header dyno you can see that the power peaks about 6000rpm and stays flat all the way to where the run ended. Post header, even without the tune the power continues to climb all the way to end of the run. This was purely from header change and car no longer being choked.

Trust me that was my response post header and even a louder one today after the 616 number popped up lol.

Congrats on going against the masses and coming out with a win! I love that sh*t! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

I thought there was more in it with the tune! :icon_mrgreen:

Well done man, thats a fcuking hell of a gain.

I really wonder why it took so long for someone to do this? Headers, Exhaust, and a tune = 100hp! :icon_super: