Filling up your exotic

Assman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate jalopnik, their writers and their content :icon_mrgreen:

How much do you like the people who comment on their articles ? :icon_mrgreen:

Really, you think people really believe they are that unique and clever to be the first one to say a lame remark like that?

Ugh wheels, you're way more empathetic to general stupidity than I could handle. I have no patience these days.

I don't think people really give it much thought.

This morning. . 6am.. filling up my Bentley.. Douche in Toyota asking me what kind of gas mileage I get, then saw it took almost $100 to fill it up. Told him I don't pay attention to gas mileage or gas prices. He just walked away.

Really, you think people really believe they are that unique and clever to be the first one to say a lame remark like that?

Ugh wheels, you're way more empathetic to general stupidity than I could handle. I have no patience these days.

lol, well said Emanon.

I end up limited in the amount of lively conversation I can have at the pump anyway. There are two big differences between this dude's Ferrari example and the Diablo.

1) I'm not going to park my weight on the body while doing anything, let alone pumping gas and chatting.

2) I can't leave the pump alone or else it will shut off prematurely, fall out, or some other craziness since the car is so low.

It's a different animal that isn't as pedestrian as the F360. Plus, if I spill gas on myself, that's a big problem because gas smell doesn't come out of anything and the last place I want it is anywhere near the Diablo's interior, even if it's only on me (emanating everywhere else). I'm twice as cautious filling up the Diablo because my options are limited with even the most casual screw up. I'd even consider spilling gas on myself to mean a phone call for a ride so that I could change clothes to come back and pick up the car. Ruining the Diablo is not an option to that extreme in my book, so conversation is a lower priority too. Before and after pumping is Q&A time for me.

No, but I get the "Wanna trade?" constantly, and it was funny the 1st time, the other 9000 times...not so much.

:iamwithstupid:

Wanna trade? Or lets race is so annoying.

Also you get random people come up and ask for your phone number so you can do business together, this is normally from wannabe rappers/drug dealers.

The best wanna trade I got was from a motorcycle cop when I was giving my buddies 7 year old a ride around the block. At the lights he pulled up on the passengers side, leans down to the window and goes "wanna trade?". My buddies kid's eyes went as big as saucers and the cop just rode off. Awesome.

The worst thing that's ever happened to me at a gas station, somebody approached me and asked if the Gallardo was a Viper :icon_mrgreen:

I didn't want the conversation to turn into a history lesson so I just smiled and nodded, the guy said damn the Americans make nice cars :icon_mrgreen:

The worst thing that's ever happened to me at a gas station, somebody approached me and asked if the Gallardo was a Viper :icon_mrgreen:

I didn't want the conversation to turn into a history lesson so I just smiled and nodded, the guy said damn the Americans make nice cars :icon_mrgreen:

Or he was just testing you and now he's going around telling all his buddies that he saw some dumbass at a gas station that thinks his Lamborghini is a Dodge.

:icon_mrgreen:

Or he was just testing you and now he's going around telling all his buddies that he saw some dumbass at a gas station that thinks his Lamborghini is a Dodge.

:icon_mrgreen:

:lol2:

I almost forgot one of my favorite types of people! The one who comes over, and tell you what he would buy INSTEAD of your car, if HE had the money!

I almost forgot one of my favorite types of people! The one who comes over, and tell you what he would buy INSTEAD of your car, if HE had the money!

That would be ripe for a smart-ass comeback about how you can afford both or also have the other thing that he would buy instead.

I watched this yesterday and was laughing so damn hard. 30 minutes later I went for a drive and had to get gas and this guy literally would not quit talking. I kept saying well have a good one and he kept talking... He talked to me for like 20 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...