Filling up your exotic

Assman

Do you let them?

For sure! Part of having an exotic to me is sharing that insane experience with others. Always fun to see faces light up, as others have said.

Haha just got my car back and went to fill the tank....forgot about the gas station aspect of it......I like how people talk louder when you dont reply like you didnt hear them. I was pumping my gas and guy yells..."give me the 15 second rundown" so I look at him take deep breath to keep from telling him to fcuk right off, and keep pumping my gas....so he repeats it louder, walks over and says it again...by now another guy shows up....this guys the "I was gonna buy a Galalrdo or F430" kind of guy..........sucks in a roadster youre front and center...at lights people lean out and yell while your sitting 2 inches off the road a foot away from them........if people are respectfull though I don't mind indulging them for pics or answer a couple questions... I mean they are a work of art that people rarely see, just wish people would be a little cooler about things.

Exactly why I don't buy exotic roadsters. I already hate being at stop lights in a coupe, much less a convertible.

Man that is NO JOKE. My G was a coupe and I didn't really think about it too much. Having a roadster now that is so low that people are gonna see you even with the windows up is a lot crazier than I expected; at every light people has something to say. My fiance had someone yell gold digger at her the other day as we drove by his woodie PT Cruiser. At first she was upset but then I was like 'wait wait wait... gold digger would imply that you are out of my league. Now I am upset!' hahaha

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha...hmmm gold digger doesnt insult anyone....means shes hot and your rich...... he's going home to wax the carrot in the pt cruiser on the driveway.........

Extremely rude of someone to yell that! Jealousy at its finest. As they say though, "Haters gonna hate." :)

Im Sorry, I didnt read it correctly the first time. Yes that is pretty much what people have said.

Coolbeans, also I realize my post might have come across a bit rude; if so, didn't mean for it to, just I wanted to emphasize what I was asking.

I filled up the Lambo at a gas station once and nobody approached or asked any questions. It was weird. I remember it like it was yesterday.

:lol2:

I had the most bizarre encounter at a gas station 18 months ago or so with Dreamcast18. We were both filing up and this white trash woman with ugly tattoos walked up to our cars, compliments them and then decides she wants me to drive her in my lambo to her home where she can show her son telling me it should only take 45 minutes or so. I politely declined, but she refused to take no for answer. She repeatedly badgered me the entire time while I was filling up. She looked like an extra from Breaking Bad.

Generally people are extremely friendly but can be intrusive too, common questions I don't answer. What do you do, how much do you make, what did you pay for it are the most common ones I ignore.

Heavily tatted me+ a very tatted girlfriend= lots of condescending stares and zero comments to our faces. Life is good :icon_mrgreen:

You guys ever get "how much do you want for this car?"

No, but I get the "Wanna trade?" constantly, and it was funny the 1st time, the other 9000 times...not so much.

I filled up the Lambo at a gas station once and nobody approached or asked any questions. It was weird. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Lol, I love when that happens!

I should do a spoof of this video..

Make it happen. And you'd better not disappoint.

I should do a spoof of this video..

Not a spoof, an instructional video.

First Allan tip: Always fart right before you get out to refuel. That way idiots who open the door end up cropdusted, repelled, and forever think that Italian leather smells like rotten eggs and asparagus. You can also offer a "look inside" to anyone that annoys you.

Tip two: When aggravated, just start yelling at the offender in a made up language. They will promptly leave.

Tip three: If someone approaches that you do not wish to converse with, just say "It's not mine. The Make a Wish Foundation Gave it to me for the day. I have Ebola."

Tip three: If someone approaches that you do not wish to converse with, just say "It's not mine. The Make a Wish Foundation Gave it to me for the day. I have Ebola."

"And projectile diarrhea..."

No, but I get the "Wanna trade?" constantly, and it was funny the 1st time, the other 9000 times...not so much.

Well to be fair, each person who says that probably means well, it's a compliment to you, pointing out what a nice vehicle you have. Each person isn't aware that a bunch of other people have said the same thing.

Well to be fair, each person who says that probably means well, it's a compliment to you, pointing out what a nice vehicle you have. Each person isn't aware that a bunch of other people have said the same thing.

Really, you think people really believe they are that unique and clever to be the first one to say a lame remark like that?

Ugh wheels, you're way more empathetic to general stupidity than I could handle. I have no patience these days.

Ugh wheels, you're way more empathetic to general stupidity than I could handle. I have no patience these days.

La...la..la la la.

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I see you round, in your new shiny ride

I've really kept your car on my mind.

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

i see you driving in your fast car,

I said something, but the exhaust stopped the sound

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I bring my jokes to the gas station pump

I see you there but you don't make a sound.

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

The hard work you've put in don't matter to me

As long as you let me take a pic in your seat

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I'd kinda like to be the president

So i can also get a shiny nice whip

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Sometimes I ask you a bunch of dumb stuff

But then you get in your car and you're right on out.

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I know you must have an inheritance..

There is no way it was work, discipline and patience..

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Seriously, how many miles per gallon?

I had the most bizarre encounter at a gas station 18 months ago or so with Dreamcast18. We were both filing up and this white trash woman with ugly tattoos walked up to our cars, compliments them and then decides she wants me to drive her in my lambo to her home where she can show her son telling me it should only take 45 minutes or so. I politely declined, but she refused to take no for answer. She repeatedly badgered me the entire time while I was filling up. She looked like an extra from Breaking Bad.

Generally people are extremely friendly but can be intrusive too, common questions I don't answer. What do you do, how much do you make, what did you pay for it are the most common ones I ignore.

note to self..don't get gas in red-neck BFE...

at least she didn't ask "do you have a girlfriend?"

I like Doug and I find his writing and videos to be entertaining. I think he talks about his F-car in every video because that is what the jalops want. I don't find it offensive at all.

That Doug Demuro loves Doug Demuro more than Kanye loves Kanye. He thinks he is some sort of celebrity/jalopnik god because he drives a 360 modena and he relates every single post he makes to his ferrari. Humble-bragger to the extreme.

I flip that and always ask them if they want to trade first. I do seriously try to find something nice to say about their car just to make sure I am playing nice. I also flirt with the old ladies at the bus stop. Cracks DoctaM3 up.

A couple days before Christmas I was filling up a Granturismo for work. Guy in the connecting gas pump hops over acting like it was a dang Veneno. He proceeds to ask several questions, wishes me a Merry Christmas, and ......drum roll please..... drives off forgetting he was still pumping gas! Luckily the hose came off immediately but still scared the crap out of me!!!