Morons you meet at cars & coffee

islandguy

Two doozies over the weekend.

1) Guy walks up referencing the R&T article and how it supports what he always knew about the CT: one of the poorest designed cars of all times. He continued... slamming Lambo on how they can sell a car that is not ergonomically friendly and that breaks down all the time. I tilted my head and said: “that’s why guys in the know like you drive Toyotas while I’m stuck in the garage on the weekend wrenching on this car.” He thought about it for a moment and rather than walking away it was as if he now had more confidence to continue his trashing claiming the engine design is poor based on the way the intake plenums aren’t symmetrical. :rant:

2) Guys 2 walks up claiming that his father’s friend had one once and it was always breaking down. Said his favorite car was a Maserati Miura. I said I’d never seen a Maserati Miura, and did he mean Lambo? No, Maserati. He told me to check out Concorso. Apparently there were over 20 there last year. :eusa_wall:

1) Guy walks up referencing the R&T article and how it supports what he always knew about the CT: one of the poorest designed cars of all times. He continued... slamming Lambo on how they can sell a car that is not ergonomically friendly and that breaks down all the time. I tilted my head and said: “that’s why guys in the know like you drive Toyotas while I’m stuck in the garage on the weekend wrenching on this car.” He thought about it for a moment and rather than walking away it was as if he now had more confidence to continue his trashing claiming the engine design is poor based on the way the intake plenums aren’t symmetrical. :rant:

2) Guys 2 walks up claiming that his father’s friend had one once and it was always breaking down. Said his favorite car was a Maserati Miura. I said I’d never seen a Maserati Miura, and did he mean Lambo? No, Maserati. He told me to check out Concorso. Apparently there were over 20 there last year. :eusa_wall:

and there is a problem here

This is why people in the know...dont do car shows...

:iamwithstupid:

I am done..I try to get the car out locally because no one around here ever gets to see them, but the people drive me nuts.

:iamwithstupid: I am done..I try to get the car out locally because no one around here ever gets to see them, but the people drive me nuts.

Don't give up....the way I look at it when you own a performance/exotic car you become an ambassador for the hobby. Dealing with the know-it-all, uninformed gearhead and hostile haters are just a part of it.

Some years ago I had a highly modded show car quality Nissan 350Z; it drew a lot of attention especially when I would go through small towns in the NE USA. I had to deal with haters etc, I actually got a kick out of talking to guys who thought they knew but actually didn't. I always let people sit in the car & take pics. I even gave rides to total strangers ( the UPS guy I did a 1/4 mile pull with totally freaked out...ha,ha,ha!!)

Our Cars and Coffee caters specifically to exotic car owners and enthusiasts for this reason. I'm not interested in having mouth breathers come along and display their thinly veiled insecurities in the form of obnoxious car bashing or questions.

I use C&C’s as a venue to go for a drive, see other owners, and most importantly as a father son/daughter day with my 6 year olds. For the most part everyone is really nice, in fact I lost count of the number of kids (200+) that have sat in my cars. Better to get out, see the smiles and contribute to a little patina, then to maintain a garage queen. Still perplexing on some comments though.

I'm not sure what it is about automobiles where no matter how little someone knows about them, everyone considers themselves an expert and wants to teach you what they know (no matter how wrong it is)... I don't know of any other hobby that is like that.

is this at blackhawk or sf c&c?

i stopped going to both. neither are interesting. full of muscle cars and hot rod.

i go on drives and club meets instead. no public non-car people BS

It must be different over here. 8 to 80, male or female, 99% love the brand. The other 1% are at worst indifferent. Lamborghini has a deep impact on the psyche of the general public. In my experience no other brand has this effect.

The only exception was on one occasion when my teenage nephew asked me to bring my car down to the local park where he was skateboarding with his mates. I arrived in the car park and this female middle aged, eco-mentalist, save the gay whale type, walked by and haughtily said to me " I can't see the point in a car like that". I said to her "exactly. That, madam, is exactly the point".

The thing I dislike about public events is the handbags, rings, belt buckles, prams, dogs and poorly parented children. Those things aside I enjoy sharing with the public to whom most Lamborghini ownership is a dream that will never be realised.

I can't figure out why these asshats bother to show up to C&C events at all. I also can't figure out what they hope to gain out of bashing the Countach. I don't know about you guys, but I immediately question the manhood of any guy who trashes the Countach, and I'm completely serious. Nothing puts your credibility on the chopping block faster than ragging on the Countach in my book.

is this at blackhawk or sf c&c?

i stopped going to both. neither are interesting. full of muscle cars and hot rod.

i go on drives and club meets instead. no public non-car people BS

This was yesterday at Blackhawk which IMHO is/was the best overall C&C in the bay area. I have yet to attend SF as I was scared away by the potential of getting a missing front plate fix-it ticket, plus it’s a 50 min drive for me.

Blackhawk is getting huge, 350+ cars, which could be part of it. It’s almost becoming a carnival. Last month I had some squirrely teen kid jump right in the car. No longer can I keep the doors open while I walk 100 ft to get a donut. Another guy used the tail as an armrest. When I looked at him and politely said “excuse-me…” he looked at me sternly and asked if this was my car as if I had no right telling him step back.

I miss the early 2000 days at SR.

I’m not quite scared off yet. As darth sidious said above, 99% of the people are in awe and it's great to see them smile.

I gave up long time ago. Best to go for a drive with a couple of friends.

I can't figure out why these asshats bother to show up to C&C events at all. I also can't figure out what they hope to gain out of bashing the Countach. I don't know about you guys, but I immediately question the manhood of any guy who trashes the Countach, and I'm completely serious. Nothing puts your credibility on the chopping block faster than ragging on the Countach in my book.

Its just pure jealousy, envy and hate

The problem as some c&c grows is the events become too accessible. Some of it is the venue chosen. Most of it is the people. Larger crowd draws weirdos unfortunately. Every time it becomes big, things go downhill. SR and Club Auto meets became that way too.

Larry, i am part of Norcal Exotics and we do a lot of events. the next one is a drive from SR to Concours on the Avenue on August 12, next Tuesday.

Last year, we were at Driven Exotics. Your car is a beau and I couldn't believe there were two white CTs. I was with my father in the orange G. Hope to see you around!

Exactly!!!! I have said it before group meets, cars and coffee, show and shines etc etc are for morons. Make friends and hang with them , no need to pose out in the general public...it's bullshit

I gave up long time ago. Best to go for a drive with a couple of friends.

Really? Have you found any who can keep up with you?

The problem as some c&c grows is the events become too accessible. Some of it is the venue chosen. Most of it is the people. Larger crowd draws weirdos unfortunately. Every time it becomes big, things go downhill. SR and Club Auto meets became that way too.

Larry, i am part of Norcal Exotics and we do a lot of events. the next one is a drive from SR to Concours on the Avenue on August 12, next Tuesday.

Last year, we were at Driven Exotics. Your car is a beau and I couldn't believe there were two white CTs. I was with my father in the orange G. Hope to see you around!

My observations also with the large crowds as I tend to keep to the small gatherings.

I'll be at Steve's on the 15th but won't be driving down to Monterey until Saturday morning. I'll definitely look you up.

Haters must be pretty stupid too. Nothing says insecurity more obviously than walking up to an exotic car owner and proceeding to trash their car.