Tony Stewart

Phteven

he gets paid a lot of money to show up and race at these dirt tracks

Don't be so sure about that. Dude loves to dirt track race and enters a lot of races under an alias.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't follow NASCAR, but when I read Road & Track's 2014 C7 article featuring Stewart, I was turned off by the over-the-top hero worship and mindless ball washing that was directly related to his reputation. Whatever happened out that track I don't know, but whatever this image is that already exists of Stewart, it sure isn't going to help him in the press or in the courts.

I think Stewart is doing exactly what he should be doing. Out of sight out of mind. Do not speak, do not race, cooperate with LEO and let the shit storm die. Right now the law is siding with him, the Ward family is quiet and there is no public outcry for his head. The media can only report the same shit for so long. Anything he says/does will be taken in 15 different ways and create 1000 new stories/opinions.

Once the investigation is over, go from there depending on the outcome.

Stewart needs to go on the offensive.....he should vigorously pursue legal action against any news source that prints inflammatory or distorted stories.

That is the exact opposite of what he needs to do. It doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong Stewart CAN'T win because he is alive and the kid is dead. Stewart needs to sit down, shut up and stay out of sight right now. Once the criminal case aspect has been addressed then he can focus on the civil ( I wouldn't be surprised if he comes to an agreement with the family purely to keep this out of the news moving forward) and then push for safety reforms much like he did last year when he broke his leg.

Red flag a race as soon as a driver is out of his car, automatic suspensions for drivers who leave their car for anything other then safety reasons, etc.

I think Stewart is doing exactly what he should be doing. Out of sight out of mind. Do not speak, do not race, cooperate with LEO and let the shit storm die. Right now the law is siding with him, the Ward family is quiet and there is no public outcry for his head. The media can only report the same shit for so long. Anything he says/does will be taken in 15 different ways and create 1000 new stories/opinions.

:iamwithstupid:

So from what you guys are saying, these cars are not steerable without throttle. So that means that while it may appear that if Stewart hit the gas at the last second, that he was purposely trying to do something to the other driver, the reality could be that he hit the gas to try and avoid him.

If I was him, I would not say anything to LEO even, as it is prosecutors who decide whether to bring charges, not LEO.

So from what you guys are saying, these cars are not steerable without throttle. So that means that while it may appear that if Stewart hit the gas at the last second, that he was purposely trying to do something to the other driver, the reality could be that he hit the gas to try and avoid him.

If I was him, I would not say anything to LEO even, as it is prosecutors who decide whether to bring charges, not LEO.

If he doesn't cooperate with LE, his professional career is over. Sponsors will want transparency (or at least the appearance of it). Michael Waltrip racing lost a title sponsor and therefore a team after a race manipulation scandal last season.

If he doesn't cooperate with LE, his professional career is over. Sponsors will want transparency (or at least the appearance of it). Michael Waltrip racing lost a title sponsor and therefore a team after a race manipulation scandal last season.

He has every right not to cooperate. Don't know how that plays out with sponsors and so forth though.

He has every right not to cooperate. Don't know how that plays out with sponsors and so forth though.

Absolutely he has the right to refuse, he is a racing junkie though, probably worth the risk for him in order to keep racing especially since it seems LE has no interest in taking this any further.

Track was under caution and everyone else was following the rules and driving slow. If you see someone on the track being an idiot most people would take the bottom line to avoid them. That's what every other car did. Tony got close to him on purpose, gassed it to send the kid a message, and the kid got it. Probably not in the way that was intended, it was most likely supposed to be a dirt shower, not a dirt nap. RIP.

well said,

Absolutely he has the right to refuse, he is a racing junkie though, probably worth the risk for him in order to keep racing especially since it seems LE has no interest in taking this any further.

Being a team owner he has a lot more on the line than most. He needs a high level PR firm to fix this.

Kevin Ward Sr. tells the newspaper that "Tony Stewart was the best damn driver by far on the track that night. Why he had to go up as high as he did and hog my son, there's no reason for it."

When the 20-year-old Ward got out of his damaged car, he walked on the track and appeared to point at Stewart. Other cars drove past him, but Stewart's right-rear tire appeared to hit him and drag him along the track.

"Apparently, Tony Stewart was the only one driving out there who didn't see him," Ward told the newspaper.

Ward Sr. also addressed that in his interview with the newspaper, saying: "The one person that knows what happened that night is possibly facing 10 years in prison. Is he going to say what he done?"

Its become nothing more then a witch hunt now. If this wasnt Tony Stewart it would be another tragedy and people would just move on. But in todays society of losers, mob mentality wants to see the mighty get taken down a peg. There is no proof of wrong doing, and many agree it looks more unintentional then intentional. Now they are just throwing shit at the wall hoping to see what sticks.

Driver here. Unfortunate situation, but the kid put himself in it. Vision out of those cars is absolute shit, and they don't exactly turn on a dime.

Other drivers in the race have started to come forward defending Tony, saying they barely missed him themselves.

Here's to hoping the media puts the pitchforks away soon...

Being a team owner he has a lot more on the line than most. He needs a high level PR firm to fix this.

real hi level, its tuff to make excuses for killing someone accident or not. ask oj.....

Kid made a bad choice and let his temper get in the way of common sense..charging across a dirt track towards a car was his mistake and it's sad the consequences were as severe as they were. He should've gotten off the track in a hurry and in 5 minutes if he was still pissed off punched Stewart in th face after the race....still shit sportsmanship but he'd be alive.

• 1 month later...
Grand Jury declined to charge him. Furthermore the other driver was high on pot! Didn't see that coming.

So all that stuff about pot mellowing you out is bullshit?

Lol

Wonder what the family will say now

Whatever it is, it will end with them thinking Stewart should pay them several million dollars. And he probably will.

Whatever it is, it will end with them thinking Stewart should pay them several million dollars. And he probably will.

Can't help but think the toxicology report will mitigate their claim.

How can they prove he was high at the time of the accident? Because they did a blood test and it showed up. Cant that test prove he had smoked it a week or more earlier?