Opening up a business in the US if non-resident

TRANSAMERA

Lets say I have an idea I want to launch in Miami, do I have to live there/be a Citizen to own/co-own it? How long can I stay each visit?

Are there any special taxes/fees as a foreigner? Is Miami/the US a good place to open up a business?

Thanks!

I think it's a pain in the ass, I'm going EB-5 route, if you don't want to move to the US I think E-2 Treaty Investor is another option you can use that doesn't require as much capital, but it's a non-immigrant visa. EB-5 is at least $1,000,000 investment if investing in your own business and you need to create at least 10 jobs for US workers in 2 years.

Is it a photography business where you block every picture with a picture of a watch?

The world is not yet ready for this.

How much access to chloroform and the internet do you need?

:lol2:

http://www.sba.gov/blogs/starting-business...oreign-national

Florida is a pretty solid place to start a business. Basically anywhere but California, Washington, Illinois and New York are great places to run a business.

:icon_thumleft:

I think it's a pain in the ass, I'm going EB-5 route, if you don't want to move to the US I think E-2 Treaty Investor is another option you can use that doesn't require as much capital, but it's a non-immigrant visa. EB-5 is at least $1,000,000 investment if investing in your own business and you need to create at least 10 jobs for US workers in 2 years.

What the hell is EB-5? Sounds like a Bugatti ;)

Lets say someone else opens up the Place, a resident, and I make some sort of contract with him that I get XX% of the total profit. He could just wire me the money each month as a buisness/bankwire? Or is that illegal in some way? Of course, all fees and taxes should be payed first!

Lets say someone else opens up the Place, a resident, and I make some sort of contract with him that I get XX% of the total profit. He could just wire me the money each month as a buisness/bankwire? Or is that illegal in some way? Of course, all fees and taxes should be payed first!

you'll be subject to foreign tax withholding http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/U.S.-Tax-Wit...Foreign-Persons

If you already own an existing business, you can open a subsidiary in the US and get yourself an L-1A visa. Might be worth looking into.

You don't have to be a US resident to set up a US based Corporation or LLC. If you don't physically want to be in the US, just set up a US Corp or LLC and make the Corp/LLC 50%( or whatever agreed upon percentage) owner of the business you are looking to set up with this US based partner. State the percentage of ownership in the articles of incorporation and what profits you shall be receiving. Open a bank account for your corp/llc and have your partner deposit your share of profits into the acct.

Either way its best to speak to an attorney especially if there is going to be a lot of money involved in this business.

Ok i have to come clean!

I'm jirres us partner.

We are planning to start a mail order thai lady boy service!

Totally legit ofcourse! ;)

I see you already started a Facebook Page. What happened to the kebab food truck/mobile Swedish massage parlor with happy endings idea?

LOL :lol2:

If you already own an existing business, you can open a subsidiary in the US and get yourself an L-1A visa. Might be worth looking into.

You don't have to be a US resident to set up a US based Corporation or LLC. If you don't physically want to be in the US, just set up a US Corp or LLC and make the Corp/LLC 50%( or whatever agreed upon percentage) owner of the business you are looking to set up with this US based partner. State the percentage of ownership in the articles of incorporation and what profits you shall be receiving. Open a bank account for your corp/llc and have your partner deposit your share of profits into the acct.

Either way its best to speak to an attorney especially if there is going to be a lot of money involved in this business.

Thank you! I will look into it!

I got you

Thanks bro, will let you know! :turboalex:

I don't see why this wouldn't work if you could fly in on temp visa often enough to get a feel for the biz. I'm sure you know enough of the FL crew to make a connection. I'm always open to new ventures and in FL as well.

I don't see why this wouldn't work if you could fly in on temp visa often enough to get a feel for the biz. I'm sure you know enough of the FL crew to make a connection. I'm always open to new ventures and in FL as well.

I'm flying in in a few weeks, PM your Contact info

They already have enough dildo wholesalers.

Is it a photography business where you block every picture with a picture of a watch?

How much access to chloroform and the internet do you need?

Poor Slowpoke takes so much crap from us I almost feel bad.....then this happened and suddenly I don't.

Stay where you are ... We have enough immigrants here ... And Miami is a 3rd world shit hole ...

I really hope this is some sick joke. Someone looking to bring a business to the US in a legitimate way, and provide jobs, and pay taxes is NOT and should NOT be an issue to ANY US Resident. Not to get into politics, but what kind of BS comment is that??

post-679-1409411789.gif

post-679-1409411895.jpg

Stay where you are ... We have enough immigrants here ... And Miami is a 3rd world shit hole ...

I would have deleted this... But it's out there now... Don't do this again...