What's up with Aventadors breaking lately. ..

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about Batventador's woes. Just curious...but with that many failures, shouldn't that be a lemon by now?

Revving the crap out of it cold probably hasn't helped it.

Some times I push the start button and it just sits there-nothing. I hold it down for a minute-zero. repeat, zero. this has happened to me several times. it eventually starts but WTF?!?!? Something aint right.

also the gear box is clunky at low speeds, reminds me of my 04? e-gear gallardo, i got one of the first ones, POS. however when i'm over 100mph it is just fine. IMO they still dont have it right. my Enzo never had those issues.

Some times I push the start button and it just sits there-nothing. I hold it down for a minute-zero. repeat, zero. this has happened to me several times. it eventually starts but WTF?!?!? Something aint right.

also the gear box is clunky at low speeds, reminds me of my 04? e-gear gallardo, i got one of the first ones, POS. however when i'm over 100mph it is just fine. IMO they still dont have it right. my Enzo never had those issues.

Make sure you hold the brake down when pressing the button.

You have a 2012?

There is one recall and 8 service bulletins for that year on the car, one dealing with the starter motor.

Recall Thread:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74293

You have a 2012?

There is one recall and 8 service bulletins for that year on the car, one dealing with the starter motor.

Recall Thread:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74293

The new performance improvement software download is a big improvement in how the transmission shifts and adds a crackling sound to the exhaust. Lambo calls it the "Drivability Enhancement Campaign:. Get it!

I had a similar issue, some sort of vacuum leak on the brake pedal so if you sat it for a couple of days it went totally rigid and you couldn't press it enough to trip the sensor to start the car. If you put all your weight on it it worked, went soft again as soon as started and stayed soft until the next day. Was also intermittent, was never resolved before I sold the car. Frickin annoying.

If you think its the button rather than the brake pedal or something else, try starting it with the key. There is a slot for it to sit in when driving below the steering wheel, if you press it in when it is in the slot it works the same as pressing the start button.