What's up with Aventadors breaking lately. ..

Allan-Herbie

Debbie Foremans Batventador is on its 4th trip to the dealer for gearbox issues... Team Salamone just got stuck again on the freeway..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW...that's not good. Beginning to make me think twice about getting an Aventador. After my experience with the murci egear, I would not want the same experience with the A.

WOW...that's not good. Beginning to make me think twice about getting an Aventador. After my experience with the murci egear, I would not want the same experience with the A.

When 2016 or whatever revision drops with DCT aventador the gen one cars will drop. It will be like murcie vs lp640.

Not necessarily the two best examples to show case having problems

:iamwithstupid:

Team Salamone must be Lambo's best new gearbox customer LOL, he busted the box in his original car first or second day of Grand Giro.

When 2016 or whatever revision drops with DCT aventador the gen one cars will drop. It will be like murcie vs lp640.

I hear the facelift is just going to have an updated actuator not dct, which quite frankly after driving a Huracan I think is a big mistake, it should be dct even if it's heavier, it's already a heavy car.

Debbie Foreman just went from Vegas to New York with me in May; .... at that time I put 7k miles in 2 weeks on the car. driving before and after my trip with her.

last week I put 3500 miles on my car.

every year I drive over 25k miles on my Lambos.

I believe Debbie does events weekly.

not disparaging anyone but lots of people "say" they drive their cars.. but its a lifestyle and a passion for me .. and many of my friends.

My car breaks as it is driven in snow; 114 degree temperatures; across contries and continents.

Its well serviced and here is the key:

MAAAAAAAN WHEN IT BREAKS.... I GET THE SUPPORT AND ASSISTANCE OF THE ENTIRE LAMBORGHINI GROUP

I AM LOYAL TO THE BRAND AND LOVE MY SUPPORT STAFF AND DEALER

I TYPE IN CAPS SOMETIMES

I have no experience with the Aventador as a driver, have sold a few now, but no real life miles applied to them.

HOWEVER, I have put well over 35K miles on my 2010 LP670-4SV and have NOT ONE SINGLE issue other then the replacement of the passenger side mirror motor that has gone out twice..PERIOD.

And we all KNOW I drive mine in the snow, rain, lightning, heat, you name it..MY SV as well as my TWO 2001 Diablo 6.0SE cars have with out question been the most trouble free cars I have EVER owned.

I do think you ONLY hear of the one or two that may have an issue from time to time, you don't see people posting here that own these cars saying HEY no issue..so I think the pct wise is extremely low from issues to non issues with the Lamborghini Brand.

I could not be happier with each and every Lambo I have owned.

I TYPE IN CAPS SOMETIMES

NEVER CHANGE!

I do think you ONLY hear of the one or two that may have an issue from time to time, you don't see people posting here that own these cars saying HEY no issue..so I think the pct wise is extremely low from issues to non issues with the Lamborghini Brand.

BINGO! As Rob already posted both of those cars get driven hard every time and put up wet (nothing wrong with that).

Debbie Foreman just went from Vegas to New York with me in May; .... at that time I put 7k miles in 2 weeks on the car. driving before and after my trip with her.

last week I put 3500 miles on my car.

every year I drive over 25k miles on my Lambos.

I believe Debbie does events weekly.

not disparaging anyone but lots of people "say" they drive their cars.. but its a lifestyle and a passion for me .. and many of my friends.

My car breaks as it is driven in snow; 114 degree temperatures; across contries and continents.

Its well serviced and here is the key:

MAAAAAAAN WHEN IT BREAKS.... I GET THE SUPPORT AND ASSISTANCE OF THE ENTIRE LAMBORGHINI GROUP

I AM LOYAL TO THE BRAND AND LOVE MY SUPPORT STAFF AND DEALER

I TYPE IN CAPS SOMETIMES

I love what you do with your cars! I would make the point that what you are saying is exactly the point... You are essentially the guy that exposes the flaws and proves that a $500k epic beast is not as reliable as a piece of shit Camry. It is a tragic flaw of these cars and has always been. The fact that everyone else does not have the same issues is because they are not driven as much - not because you just happened to have two poopers that by chance happened to accumulate miles, they were poopers because the accumulated miles. I think it is maybe just something that we all can live with. The joy that we derive from the cars while operable is greater than the pain of the down time.

I have no experience with the Aventador as a driver, have sold a few now, but no real life miles applied to them.

HOWEVER, I have put well over 35K miles on my 2010 LP670-4SV and have NOT ONE SINGLE issue other then the replacement of the passenger side mirror motor that has gone out twice..PERIOD.

And we all KNOW I drive mine in the snow, rain, lightning, heat, you name it..MY SV as well as my TWO 2001 Diablo 6.0SE cars have with out question been the most trouble free cars I have EVER owned.

I could not be happier with each and every Lambo I have owned.

Oh no... I completely agree that driven Lambos are the best Lambos.. You can actually feel them get better as you drive longer, even on a daily basis.. My post was mainly that they all seem to have transmission issues. I believe both of your Salamone cars had problems with them, leaving you stranded at the most inopportune time. Didnt your first one go out in the middle of an intersection causing you to almost get hit by a semi, and this one in the middle of a freeway?

• 2 weeks later...

i had a G from the first batch in 04?, the egear was shit, i dumped that car. 10 years later I grab a Aventador and havent driven it much, but i have noticed the gears "clunk" sometimes when i have it in automatic mode.

who knows, i still like the car(except all the cheap plastic shit they put on it to save $$-front bonnet latch for example).

Oh no... I completely agree that driven Lambos are the best Lambos.. You can actually feel them get better as you drive longer, even on a daily basis.. My post was mainly that they all seem to have transmission issues. I believe both of your Salamone cars had problems with them, leaving you stranded at the most inopportune time. Didnt your first one go out in the middle of an intersection causing you to almost get hit by a semi, and this one in the middle of a freeway?

My lp560 was in the shop every 3k miles and so are my aventadors .. The lp560 required a new engine at 23000 miles ... The 2012 Aventador a gearbox..Most lambos are not driven. After well over 150k miles in lambos since 2010 I just dont care about service and reliability .. It is what it is fix it get it back on the road and on to the next event. I am 100% loyal and btw Ferrari 458 (accd to my rally friends... Was a fukin horror show of repairs engine lights and downtime).

My loyalty to lambo is strong and the level of supper from my dealer and from lambo keeps me a happy and very satisfied customer.. Just the other day I was on a 150 foot yaght party with some recording artists and then at the Jennifer Lopez video shoot and the pictures these stars took with my lambo got more likes on their Instagram than any other pics ... It's a sexy awesome car and it is my passion and pass time ... I love every minute in it! And I'm thankful to my dealer and the company

My lp560 was in the shop every 3k miles and so are my aventadors .. The lp560 required a new engine at 23000 miles ... The 2012 Aventador a gearbox..Most lambos are not driven. After well over 150k miles in lambos since 2010 I just dont care about service and reliability .. It is what it is fix it get it back on the road and on to the next event. I am 100% loyal and btw Ferrari 458 (accd to my rally friends... Was a fukin horror show of repairs engine lights and downtime).

My loyalty to lambo is strong and the level of supper from my dealer and from lambo keeps me a happy and very satisfied customer.. Just the other day I was on a 150 foot yaght party with some recording artists and then at the Jennifer Lopez video shoot and the pictures these stars took with my lambo got more likes on their Instagram than any other pics ... It's a sexy awesome car and it is my passion and pass time ... I love every minute in it! And I'm thankful to my dealer and the company

post-93516-1410354717_thumb.jpg

Lol reliability lol

There are no alternatives to lamborghini

Reliable or not!

50 cents pic of my lambo (in my driveway at home) is the number one pic on his IG even over oscar parties and paganis and other lambos and sic cars bugattis and jet planes.

"There is no substitute for sexy.. and sexy is high maintenance and expensive with both women and cars ... Deal with it proudly like a Baller ". TEAMSALAMONE 2014

post-93516-1410355507_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1410355517_thumb.jpg

"There is no substitute for sexy.. and sexy is high maintenance and expensive with both women and cars ... Deal with it proudly like a Baller ". TEAMSALAMONE 2014

My hero!

There are plenty of cars you can beat the shit out of and not have issues. 650s, 911 TurboS, 918, CGT, LP670, P1, 599 GTO, F12. There is no excuse for the transmission Lamborghini is using in the Aventador, it's awful. And it's awful because it's in a car that costs more than the homes 99.99999% of the world can afford. Anyone who thinks otherwise is out of touch with reality. The rest of the car is pretty spectacular, however.

i have driven the piss out of my Lambo's (except the Aventador) and never had any serious problems in the past 15 years. the exception was the early Gallardo(is that a lambo?)

I dunno... going way back starting with Countach #1... 79,000km.. On original clutch, 1 belt service, 1 valve adjustment, oil changes...

Diablo Sv #1... 150 shot of nitrous.. Had it for 7 years... towards the end developed a valve cover gasket leak, clutch , transmission, etc all good.. Both my Gallardos, 06 and 04TT, both trouble free.... Now, the cars I have I dont drive as much, and are much older, so not a fair comparison.. But it just seems to me that reliability wise, the cars arent getting any better...