Drove the Huracan today, 60-130 MPH Data

FikseSTS

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am disappointed to be honest.......I was hoping for a LOW 7, more on par with an MP4. Fikse, what does a stock Aventador 60-130? I do not believe that the production cars will be detuned...I think this is what we'll get.

yea, sport seats.... I had the first run of the day, so can't say the car was super hot, first try I tagged the limiter and aborted (why do the have an 8,500 redline and a limiter at 8,200??), 2nd try was 8.3, 2nd try was 8.2... equivalent weather conditions my STS did 8.4.....

maybe these are detuned a bit, although I would think Lamborghini would want us to experience the real deal, we'll see soon enough...

I think that's really the key point. I didn't expect a big improvement over the STS, but if your STS did 7.69 in optimal conditions and 8.4 in similar conditions to what you tested the Huracan in yesterday, I think it's reasonable to expect a customer Huracan that did 8.2 to do 7.3-7.4 in good conditions.

yea, sport seats.... I had the first run of the day, so can't say the car was super hot, first try I tagged the limiter and aborted (why do the have an 8,500 redline and a limiter at 8,200??), 2nd try was 8.3, 2nd try was 8.2... equivalent weather conditions my STS did 8.4.....

maybe these are detuned a bit, although I would think Lamborghini would want us to experience the real deal, we'll see soon enough...

Exactly, I was trying to ring the damn thing out and always hit the phantom rev-limiter before the actual redline...... kept pissing me off!

Exactly, I was trying to ring the damn thing out and always hit the phantom rev-limiter before the actual redline...... kept pissing me off!

Agreed massively annoying and off-putting

Gosh, all of you disappointed ones, don't commit harakiri just yet. Wait for some other results from real owners of their real cars.

Gosh, all of you disappointed ones, don't commit harakiri just yet. Wait for some other results from real owners of their real cars.

:iamwithstupid: The Huracan is way faster than this.

Fikse is legit guys. I wouldn't hit the panic button but I would be a bit concerned. When he speaks about speed I listen.

Driving impressions I'd love to hear, what did you think about it in comparison with the other cars you own?

In relation to the numbers, it's fair to say that the magazines which tested the cars had a lot of time to do proper comprehensive tests in different conditions and scenarios, I am not sure how much time you had, what the conditions and the setup was.

I am pretty sure you will come back with a different result once you will have the car for enough time, get accustomed with it and test it at your own discretion in various conditions and set up.

closest car I could compare it to would be the Ferrari 458 but more stable and planted, very fast shifting with more of a bang between gears.... you can see it in the vbox graphs... around fast corners you could feel the car's ESP fighting to keep it inline, kind of like the 12C does.. not doubt the Huracan is a badass car...

I'm sure it can do better than my test showed and while it's marginally quicker than my STS in similar weather from 60-130, from a 1st gear start there would be a larger margin as the DCT and the extra gear will certainly pull away from the e-gear car, just like that 991 Turbo PDK I raced at the track. That being said, there isn't too much tweaking to do 60-130 wise in a DCT car, my first run in the 12C was 6.8 and I don't think I've ever run in the 7's with it, no matter what the weather.

As for comparing 60-130 times, it's an ok comparison when run on level roads, but if there is even a slight decline it makes a considerable difference... 2-3% is way too much in my mind...

Driving impressions I'd love to hear, what did you think about it in comparison with the other cars you own?

In relation to the numbers, it's fair to say that the magazines which tested the cars had a lot of time to do proper comprehensive tests in different conditions and scenarios, I am not sure how much time you had, what the conditions and the setup was.

I am pretty sure you will come back with a different result once you will have the car for enough time, get accustomed with it and test it at your own discretion in various conditions and set up.

Numbers don't matter, it's all about the way the car makes you feel. Unless of course, it is faster than a McLaren, then it kicks major ass. :icon_mrgreen:

closest car I could compare it to would be the Ferrari 458 but more stable and planted, very fast shifting with more of a bang between gears.... you can see it in the vbox graphs... around fast corners you could feel the car's ESP fighting to keep it inline, kind of like the 12C does.. not doubt the Huracan is a badass car...

I'm sure it can do better than my test showed and while it's marginally quicker than my STS in similar weather from 60-130, from a 1st gear start there would be a larger margin as the DCT and the extra gear will certainly pull away from the e-gear car, just like that 991 Turbo PDK I raced at the track. That being said, there isn't too much tweaking to do 60-130 wise in a DCT car, my first run in the 12C was 6.8 and I don't think I've ever run in the 7's with it, no matter what the weather.

As for comparing 60-130 times, it's an ok comparison when run on level roads, but if there is even a slight decline it makes a considerable difference... 2-3% is way too much in my mind...

Thank you for the feedback, great info!

Numbers don't matter, it's all about the way the car makes you feel. Unless of course, it is faster than a McLaren, then it kicks major ass. :icon_mrgreen:

So I am not allowed to mention the word "numbers" anymore. :icon_mrgreen:

Seriously personally I don't care about the numbers, which one is faster or slower, what difference would it make for me? None whatsoever, I have no place here to properly stretch its legs whether being a Huracan, McLaren, Ferrari, etc. I like my freedom way too much :lol2:

Just to echo what others have said, FikseSTS is one of the forum good guys. Always have a lot of time for his posts so his input is very much welcomed.

I know numbers and speed are part of the components that build up a supercar experience for owners but...

Before details of the Huracan were released there were admissions from Lambo that they had not benchmarked the car against the opposition. Now these figures are coming to light...

Take your fanbois loving for the marque away from it, look at it as a product, these figures are a concern especially when you are dealing with a manufacture that has excessively long product cycles and have recently developed a knack to over produce number of units that sit on dealer forecourts.

:lol2: :headbang:

Just to echo what others have said, FikseSTS is one of the forum good guys. Always have a lot of time for his posts so his input is very much welcomed.

I know numbers and speed are part of the components that build up a supercar experience for owners but...

Before details of the Huracan were released there were admissions from Lambo that they had not benchmarked the car against the opposition. Now these figures are coming to light...

Take your fanbois loving for the marque away from it, look at it as a product, these figures are a concern especially when you are dealing with a manufacture that has excessively long product cycles and have recently developed a knack to over produce number of units that sit on dealer forecourts.

I don't believe one word you said. You are Brit, right? Brits are Monarchy, right?

Funny thing, my wife says the same exact thing while bringing another $1,900 pair of shoes.