my new 650s arrived!

SV-N-IT

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thx guys!!!! :)

the car is 90% completed. just waiting on sp CF diffuser and lowering.

we ran into a snag because of lift option. we didn't realize the entire car raises, not just the front end.

but I think we have a solution.

ill post pics/vids when she gets home! I have no patience so this is driving me nuts...

thanks bros & sisters!

snow, it is great that the entire car raises. but if you decide to lower, its not as easy as the car with "no optional lift".

that's the challenge we are dealing with. I guess the suspension is a bit different.

just got it last night! I went from a 12' 12c coupe to a 15' 650S spider and the car is seriously night and day! fit, finish, performance, brakes, shifting, suspension, electronics, etc.. in my eyes this is what McLaren should have been from the start! anyone in doubt go drive a new 650s spider and let us know your thoughts. I do have the trofeo R tires and full AWE exhaust so im sure this helps but the car is really amazing. don't get me wrong I loved my 12c, but when I traded my CGT this is what I was expecting. im not sure if its the tranny/shifting, sound of the exhaust, more pressure from turbos, P1 race buckets, but it feels much more raw now almost like a real GT race "street car"!

really couldn't be happier! :eek3dance: (I slid sideways in 3rd gear coming into the neighborhood with the turbos spooling in my ear, this kept me awake the entire night like Christmas morning) lol

post-2228-1412775652_thumb.jpg

CONGRATS!!!!!! Looks fantastic. Now about that Range Rover....did I miss that thread?

thx buddy! yes you did lol

new body full size with duo block Cor 24's painted body panels, emblems, etc...

thx buddy! yes you did lol

new body full size with duo block Cor 24's painted body panels, emblems, etc...

I'm a sucker for white cars. Going to dig that thread up now!

just got it last night! I went from a 12' 12c coupe to a 15' 650S spider and the car is seriously night and day! fit, finish, performance, brakes, shifting, suspension, electronics, etc.. in my eyes this is what McLaren should have been from the start! anyone in doubt go drive a new 650s spider and let us know your thoughts. I do have the trofeo R tires and full AWE exhaust so im sure this helps but the car is really amazing. don't get me wrong I loved my 12c, but when I traded my CGT this is what I was expecting. im not sure if its the tranny/shifting, sound of the exhaust, more pressure from turbos, P1 race buckets, but it feels much more raw now almost like a real GT race "street car"!

really couldn't be happier! :eek3dance: (I slid sideways in 3rd gear coming into the neighborhood with the turbos spooling in my ear, this kept me awake the entire night like Christmas morning) lol

post-2228-1412775652_thumb.jpg

:fgay:

Wow...congrats Bill!!!! I saw a youtube vid recently of a 650S accelerating and my GOD...the sound that car makes. :shock: I can't imagine how much fun that must be to rip around in! :)

Best of luck with her! :icon_super:

thx guys! pics this wknd!

this car is insane. sound is now comparable to lambo/Ferrari etc..

power is nuts, 2nd gear rolling into the throttle in track mode, car goes almost completely sideways with race tires.

my 12c never did this.. loving it so far.

the race seats do take a little getting used to