Love this Ferrari

topcabron

If it wasn't for the attitude of the local Ferrari dealer and owners, I would have bought one of these a long time ago. My favorite Ferrari.

If it wasn't for the attitude of the local Ferrari dealer and owners, I would have bought one of these a long time ago. My favorite Ferrari.

I always say "Why punish yourself (and the car)?" just because of some idiots.

Best bet is to circumvent the dealer network and buy used, avoid dealing with them and deny them any direct profit.....and if you really want to piss them off, buy a euro car! Doing that you hit FNA on the nose, and leave F SpA alone. :icon_mrgreen:

I never understood the big grudges that guys like Leno et al have against Ferrari, vowing never to own fine cars because of it. Especially the classics.

For what it's worth, there are dealers of far lesser marques like BMW who occasionally have terrible dealers as well.

Local dealer has a Speciale in stock, I get along with the dealer very well so no BS involved, he told me the car belongs to Ferrari and they don't want anyone to drive it except the dealer principal when the car is required to be shifted, not even his staff is allowed to :rolleyes: :jackoff:

Ferrari are a bunch of wankers, their attitude puts me off their product, they think they are God's gift to the motoring world.

Toronto area ferrari fags are especially douchetatstic, but I would still get an F40 and show up at their little gay meets and do doughnuts if I were you

Thats gorgeous.

speaking of LM conversions...I know this car has some tainted history and definitely isnt original but for the price of an Aventador,it sure would make one helluva a track toy.

http://www.motorcars-intl.com/vehicle_deta...ri-F40-for-sale

This is not the same car or even the same year. I know this car. It was photographed on my driveway.

This is not the same car or even the same year. I know this car. It was photographed on my driveway.

I realize thats not the same car as the first one posted. The million dollar price difference would also help that conclusion. I was posting it as an alternate to because members were saying how much they'd like to own one. For a rare track care it seems like a lot of car for the money

F40 LM....yeah that is a Ferrari I could own. It really doesn't get much better for me then that. I saw my first F40 in person on saturday and was blown away. There really isn't anything to it but an engine, and 2 seats.

Only in SoCal does a group of lambos get upstaged by an F50.

I don't know about that, I have no love for the F50, it looks a bit goofy without the roof, the Lambos look like missiles in the background, the only F50 I liked was a white one which lives in Japan.

I don't know about that, I have no love for the F50, it looks a bit goofy without the roof, the Lambos look like missiles in the background, the only F50 I liked was a white one which lives in Japan.

We obv all have our preferences but when that f50 rolled up all of us forgot our Lambos and commenced drooling.

Shoot me now but the f50 looks like a duckbill platypus

Hmm... I see your point.

rfunfact-02.jpg

95-Ferrari-F50-ShowCar-DV-11-RMA_01.jpg

p004j5rl_640_360.jpg

SC06_1995_Ferrari_F50_front.jpg

Sexiest platypus ever! :icon_mrgreen:

I've always loved the F50, but I agree that it looks much better with the top on. And then there's this... :monkeyleft:

ferrari-f50-gt1-2.jpg

We obv all have our preferences but when that f50 rolled up all of us forgot our Lambos and commenced drooling.

I agree, I've spent quite some time with a F50, not my style, F40 now we talking!

SAY WHAT?

It's not as inconceivable as it sounds.

If you need pure neck snapping acceleration as your top priority, then the F40 is your car, but for driving purity I've heard it argued that the F50 is even more engaging. I'd imagine the chassis improvements along with the braking would be the two big ones.

Like the 40, the 50 is also sans ABS, sans power steering.....

The F40 did not have servo assisted brakes, adding to even more braking feel for those that had the talent to take advantage of it. Not sure if the F50 carried this over, but I've heard it said by many that the F40 brakes when cold are a bit frightening (as in, literally cannot stop).

Merely sitting in the F50 idling I'm told is intense. You feel the vibration of the motor and transmission a lot more, which for a car like this is what you want. Of course that is slightly offset by the fact that on pure aura alone the F40 is in a league of its own compared to just about any street car ever made, eschewing even basic door handles, not a hint of leather anywhere, no carpets, no door panel, just an all out race car interior with two seats. The F50 is no luxury car by any means but it does have leather seats and I believe door handles, haha.

The n/a V12 thing is huge, and to get to hear it with the roof off helps too. Turbo V8 is not the ultimate of Ferrari motors even if there hasn't been anything quite as nasty pound for pound in the output department.

Still hard to pick after all these years.

The ultimate irony of an F40/F50 debate is that it's almost exclusively reserved to non owners -- most big boys get both. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen: