Tesla Model S P85 D, 691HP

FikseSTS

Lol, really? I have a 2011 760Li. And every oil change they seam to find an extra $800 worth of crap to fix and it sucks a lot of gas. My tesla costs me $0.4/ mile to drive. My BMW costs $0.27/ mile.

Btw, it's for sale. BMW individual with every option. $155k sticker. 11k miles.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, really? I have a 2011 760Li. And every oil change they seam to find an extra $800 worth of crap to fix and it sucks a lot of gas. My tesla costs me $.04/ mile to drive. My BMW costs $0.27/ mile.

Btw, it's for sale. BMW individual with every option. $155k sticker. 11k miles.

I'm only talking apples to apples. First 2 years bmw has warranty and maintainence covered.

nobody does that..... you supercharge when you're on trips.... the $7k fuel savings is charging at home and paying for the electricity....

Scotty does that.

Brooks, Scotty. I'm not slamming the Tesla. I think it's great and if this Nasdaq correction goes a little lower I'm buying a chunk of stock.

I was only pointing out that Scott's arguement above was a little flawed. I also love some of the futuristic additions to the tesla. I applaud Elon Musk in getting this going successfully.

Everyone in the car industry knows how to make an electric engine.

But no one but Tesla knows how to make an electric car. I guess you've all seen the Tesla "skateboard" layout:

1369715055-Tesla-Model-S-chassis.JPG

This is how you build an electric car.

This is the new electric VW Golf (designed to be electric from the beginning mind you, it's not something they suddenly decided to do):

volkswagen-e-golf-engine.jpg

Seriously, WTF?

Having tried the e-Golf quite a bit, it's strikingly obvious that VW (and pretty much all the other car makers) are stuck in their old ways of doing things. Who makes an engine bay like that for an electric car? Usability and everything else in the car feels really old. Granted this car is half the price of the Tesla, but still...

Brooks, Scotty. I'm not slamming the Tesla. I think it's great and if this Nasdaq correction goes a little lower I'm buying a chunk of stock.

I was only pointing out that Scott's arguement above was a little flawed. I also love some of the futuristic additions to the tesla. I applaud Elon Musk in getting this going successfully.

No worries, they are not be for everyone. But I do get a strange satisfaction when I drive by gas stations every week. I have a supercharger just a few miles from my house so it is very easy for me to use. Especially when it's free. There are about a dozen full-time residents in Naples that have the car and many of us plan a evening meet up at the supercharger and walk to a nearby restaurant and have a martini. Almost all of them have an exotic as their play car and we meet on the weekends at a local coffee shop with those cars.

This is the new electric VW Golf (designed to be electric from the beginning mind you, it's not something they suddenly decided to do):

Seriously, WTF?

Having tried the e-Golf quite a bit, it's strikingly obvious that VW (and pretty much all the other car makers) are stuck in their old ways of doing things. Who makes an engine bay like that for an electric car? Usability and everything else in the car feels really old. Granted this car is half the price of the Tesla, but still...

It likely boils down to one word/symbol: $

It would be $$$$ to set up new machinery, tooling, facilities for a completely different genre of cars. Although if anyone else, VW is likely the one who can afford those. But why the expenditures when you can modify the existing hardware? I concur the results are obviously "inadequate" but that lowers the costs and consumers can thus get on board easier and faster. As the revenue comes in and the genre gains popularity, then the big investment would come. Tesla had the advantage of starting brand new from the ground up without any past baggage to carry.

I dont think used Teslas are selling in the 85 to 90K range.. Ajglobal was showing me cars for $70k on the Dealers List which can pretty much be bought by anyone. So Dealers gave even less on trade in..

you can get the 60kwh and regular 85kwh in that range.... the P85 have been in the 85k range, one just went through auction at 94k with 2k miles, maybe less now that the P85D is out....

I dont think used Teslas are selling in the 85 to 90K range.. Ajglobal was showing me cars for $70k on the Dealers List which can pretty much be bought by anyone. So Dealers gave even less on trade in..

hmmmm, less weight, perfect reaction times! who want's to race?? :)

I envision empty Teslas drag racing, the owners summoning them from the end of the 1/4. lol

• 2 months later...

it's built, just waiting for it to arrive, should be here by Dec 31st....

Did you get your D yet Fiske? I'm waiting on your review. :)

mine is in transit.... should be here Tuesday/Wednesday...

Mine is built also, they said Dec 27 th........let send a truck to get them!

Stoked to hear what you guys think about 'em!

Stoked for you to take them to the drag strip and drive the wheels off of them!

One of my colleagues has a Tesla S 85 and we went for a test drive of the new P85D. Holy batman is this thing quick off the line. Such a SNAP from 0 to 30-40 mph...jeezus...it keeps pulling quite quickly until 60 mph but the pace falls off rather "dramatically" after I thought...anyhow...still a BEAST of a car no matter how you cut it. Done is such class and calm...no noise...just hook and shooting off the line. Pretty fun times in the P85D. :)

Brooks, is yours arriving today? Mine shows not having shipped yet, was supposed to be here Friday. Rode in one at Sarasota last week, the new seats are awesome.