Movie Review: Interstellar.

Assman

Amazeballs!

Great mix of humanity and fringe sci-fi. One of the few movies that messes with timelines but doesn't screw up the story in the process. Certainly a thinking man's movie. The first hour could have been shortened, though I know why they did it.

It was good. A little different than I was expecting. Thought there would be more planetary travels considering it was 3 hours. Definitely something I will buy on blu-ray

Great looking film but too many short cuts in the plot. I know with his films your supposed to leave thinking about the film and then later you work it all out but this felt incomplete. Too many questions and not enough answers for me.

Great looking film but too many short cuts in the plot. I know with his films your supposed to leave thinking about the film and then later you work it all out but this felt incomplete. Too many questions and not enough answers for me.

I found one major plot hole. The rest was fine to me.

I want to see this movie so fcuking badly.

This movie was awesome :eusa_dance: I want to rewatch it in IMAX to get the full feel. It also makes me want to be an astronaut but also makes me realize why that would be one of the most terrifying decisions I could ever make.

It was like titanic. Way long and the drama didn't flow that well.

The whole bookshelf and higher being thing was nonsense.

Saw it in 4d with the moving seats and everything. After 1.5 hr mark, it was like a comedy. I started launching at how bad movie was. But it got better.

So freakin' good. The fact that he wrote this and Inception is still mind blowing to me. Genius.

I don't know about you guys but when he's watching the transmissions after coming back from the planet near gargantua.. Felt like I was experiencing it for myself.

This movie was awesome :eusa_dance: I want to rewatch it in IMAX to get the full feel. It also makes me want to be an astronaut but also makes me realize why that would be one of the most terrifying decisions I could ever make.

I couldn't have enjoyed it more. That movie had everything

So freakin' good. The fact that he wrote this and Inception is still mind blowing to me. Genius.

I don't know about you guys but when he's watching the transmissions after coming back from the planet near gargantua.. Felt like I was experiencing it for myself.

Nolan is a genius.

:iamwithstupid:

• 1 year later...

Just watched this. Wow I can't believe I missed it in the theaters, it must have been awesome in IMAX. I was reading that the black hole though wasn't as realistic as it could've been. It was the most realistic black hole put to film from what I understand, but supposedly this is what it really should have looked like had realism won out:

gyvaoclbwrn9zvwbphqz.png

Kip Thorne, who did a lot of pioneering work on black holes, served as a science advisor and producer for the movie, and he wrote the book "The Science of Interstellar." He and three other scientists also wrote an article in which they explain why the flashier, easier-to-understand model of a black hole won out over the more realistic version: LINK

Here is an article on the black hole and film as well: LINK Personally, I agree with the scientist who said that the average moviegoer knows virtually nothing about black holes, and thus would not have been more confused over a real black hole than the movie one. Also, I think they could have thrown in some additional explanatory script like they did for the wormhole to explain such a black hole.