Y'all cannot drive says Chris Harris

capt_chaos

I didn't know they've produced customers cars, where did you get your info from?

I saw these 2 customer's Sesto at the local dealer afew weeks ago..

rk1lco.jpg

heard a 3rd one will arrive sooner or later...crazy price though. but looks and sounds INSANE :icon_mrgreen: me like.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God freaking DAMN!! I had no idea, how come no RHD? Isn't LHD illegal there?

yeah but that doesn't stop people from buying LHD cars here just to collect lol..Sesto were never made in RHD as far as i know..and these aren't street legal. so won't make much difference.

That. Is. Epic. Don't mean to diverge from the thread topic, but the prices are in the USD $2MIL range for the Sesto Elemento, correct?

yeah but that doesn't stop people from buying LHD cars here just to collect lol..Sesto were never made in RHD as far as i know..and these aren't street legal. so won't make much difference.

I was hoping they would be made in RHD, either way if they aren't street legal it's kind of pointless, I thought they were going to homologate a hand full of cars for various markets but it looks like it never happened, that's the reason why they couldn't sell them, the babysitters always get their way, what a shame!

That. Is. Epic. Don't mean to diverge from the thread topic, but the prices are in the USD $2MIL range for the Sesto Elemento, correct?

I am only guessing but cars in Singapore are double or more in price so they could be somewhere between $4 mil to $5 mil.

It was like 1.6-2.2 I think per car which is a JOKE. Pretty sure they didn't sell a single one here in the States. Event after their parade event in Las Vegas, which is a shame. If they could make the "Sesto" for the street for a cheaper price, they'd have a hit.

It's no wonder the brand can't compete in the hypercar market. At the the price point, they put together a Veneno, Veneno Roadster and the Sesto Elemento :lol2: And I'm sure the Asteroid (Asterion) will come with a hefty price tag as well.

So maybe Chris Harris is right. They build cars for people who just want to be seen? The Veneno can't compete with LaFerarri, P1 of 918, and neither can the Sesto (albeit because it's not street legal).

Come on Lamborghini get your shit together.

I find this quite insulting to be perfectly honest, being called a poser for buying a Lambo on a Lamborghini forum!

Don't take life seriously, you won't get out alive.

And you shouldn't worry about what I think. If you are happy with your purchase (which it's obvious you are) that's all that matters. End of story.

If you need more on the subject, I am glad you are happy with your car and its performance, there is nothing wrong with being happy about that, nor should there be. You shouldn't feel like you have to vindicate yourself on line in a brand forum because you bought the latest car, you love the brand and your purchase history and enthusiasm show it.

Now, lets be honest, I know, just as well as you do, that not EVERY SINGLE BUYER of a Lamborghini wants to be seen more than buying performance, it's ignorant and stupid assume that.

Now, just because we love a brand (we all love different generations, types and styles of the cars) doesn't mean the brand is infallible or perfect. We, as lovers of the brand and its products, are usually the most critical and sensitive to its moves.

Now if you think because people are talking about an article about the brand on the brand forum and you mentally jump to being called a poser, then you've got thin skin Napoleon ;)

Just because I don't like the direction the company is going with its new products and directions comes from information I have available to me, much like how you make a decision based on the information available to you.

Don't sweat the small stuff man, at the end of the day, it's just a high end appliance, enjoy it and don't worry about what other people think.

Let me start by saying that I really do not care what you think, I don't care what anybody thinks when it comes to high end appliances LOL I am buying for myself, I think you misunderstood me so your Napoleonic references and life lessons are kind of misplaced ;)

You might not think so but I do get that we all have different opinions, I always accept that, variety is the spice of life and I am all for it.

I am all for calling a spade a spade but I am sure you wouldn't consider me unreasonable if I were to expect a more pro Lamborghini attitude , from a mod in particular, considering this conversation is taking place on Lambo-Power not FChat or McLaren Life or any other non Lambo forums, afterall that's the reason I joined, so I can participate in discussions with like minded individuals, if I wanted to hear Lambo shit talk I would've joined one of the other forums, or simply read YouTube comments under Lamborghini videos.

If you didn't think your comment could be construed as an insult that's fine by me, I can accept that, you are free to speak your mind, as I am, if I didn't do that I wouldn't be true to myself so I had to comment on it in order to let you know how I felt, your comment felt insulting to me, maybe others felt differently, maybe you didn't mean it that way but that's how it came across to me, anyway we shall agree to disagree on this one and allow the usual bashing to carry on, hopefully Lambo will soon build a Lamborghini which you will find acceptable and your opinion will change.

Deep breaths everyone...we are all friends who love Lambos. Chris Harris is getting what he wants right now in here! We cant let that happen!

It was like 1.6-2.2 I think per car which is a JOKE. Pretty sure they didn't sell a single one here in the States. Event after their parade event in Las Vegas, which is a shame. If they could make the "Sesto" for the street for a cheaper price, they'd have a hit.

It's no wonder the brand can't compete in the hypercar market. At the the price point, they put together a Veneno, Veneno Roadster and the Sesto Elemento :lol2: And I'm sure the Asteroid (Asterion) will come with a hefty price tag as well.

So maybe Chris Harris is right. They build cars for people who just want to be seen? The Veneno can't compete with LaFerarri, P1 of 918, and neither can the Sesto (albeit because it's not street legal).

Come on Lamborghini get your shit together.

Why are we so obsessed with car companies building cars to directly compete against each, in real world people want fun experiences and many could care less how the brand stacks up against the competition in a magazine review. A joke or not those special edition Lamborghinis in very limited numbers as intended sold alright, just listen to Kris claiming he's getting offers way over what he paid for his Veneno. Of course they weren't made to compete against LaF, P1 & 918 !

The other 2 models Lamborghini makes do very well in their segments, Aventador is still HOT after being in production for almost 5 years and the Huracan is on pace to do as good or better than the Gallardo did.

And OF COURSE looks are important! We're talking about Lamborghinis here... all of us were first captivated by the looks!

Let me start by saying that I really do not care what you think, I don't care what anybody thinks when it comes to high end appliances LOL I am buying for myself, I think you misunderstood me so your Napoleonic references and life lessons are kind of misplaced ;)

You might not think so but I do get that we all have different opinions, I always accept that, variety is the spice of life and I am all for it.

I am all for calling a spade a spade but I am sure you wouldn't consider me unreasonable if I were to expect a more pro Lamborghini attitude , from a mod in particular, considering this conversation is taking place on Lambo-Power not FChat or McLaren Life or any other non Lambo forums, afterall that's the reason I joined, so I can participate in discussions with like minded individuals, if I wanted to hear Lambo shit talk I would've joined one of the other forums, or simply read YouTube comments under Lamborghini videos.

If you didn't think your comment could be construed as an insult that's fine by me, I can accept that, you are free to speak your mind, as I am, if I didn't do that I wouldn't be true to myself so I had to comment on it in order to let you know how I felt, your comment felt insulting to me, maybe others felt differently, maybe you didn't mean it that way but that's how it came across to me, anyway we shall agree to disagree on this one and allow the usual bashing to carry on, hopefully Lambo will soon build a Lamborghini which you will find acceptable and your opinion will change.

It sounds like we both misunderstood, I'm only having a bit of fun here while trying to point out my observations, and not trying to insult you.

I'm very pro-Lamborghini, but I'm very critical of the direction the company is going, that's all. I've been fortunate enough to be privy to some very detailed information over the years and that has changed my opinion on the modern age of Lamborghini.

The new car is a great car by many means, but it's not what Lamborghini stood for, or was founded on, and that's what bothers me.

Why are we so obsessed with car companies building cars to directly compete against each, in real world people want fun experiences and many could care less how the brand stacks up against the competition in a magazine review. A joke or not those special edition Lamborghinis in very limited numbers as intended sold alright, just listen to Kris claiming he's getting offers way over what he paid for his Veneno. Of course they weren't made to compete against LaF, P1 & 918 !

The other 2 models Lamborghini makes do very well in their segments, Aventador is still HOT after being in production for almost 5 years and the Huracan is on pace to do as good or better than the Gallardo did.

And OF COURSE looks are important! We're talking about Lamborghinis here... all of us were first captivated by the looks!

Why do auto manufacturers race? Build sports cars? Etc? Competition drives evolution, makes the cars, brands and experiences better.

Sure not many people care how they stack up, and that's fine, but many people do, and that's ok as well.

Of all the gimmick cars, only the Veneno coupes sold. Did they sell any Veneno Roadsters? Anyone ask for the Egoista? They essentially sold 3 expensive cars, that's good for them, but doesn't do anything for me, long term. But to your point, looks are important, that's what sold the Veneno, a mental car for sure.

Yes the Aventador is still hot, but is that because it had 18+ month waiting lists or because it's a fantastic looking car? Personally, I love the looks of the Aventador Roadster, it's one of the best looking cars on the road.

The Huracan, provided it can keep relevant among competition and the production can keep up will exceed the Gallardo. Or, it could go the route of the Urraco, time will tell.

And I still remember the first Lamborghini I saw in person, Diablo SV, and the sight and sound of it, had me hooked!

It sounds like we both misunderstood, I'm only having a bit of fun here while trying to point out my observations, and not trying to insult you.

I'm very pro-Lamborghini, but I'm very critical of the direction the company is going, that's all. I've been fortunate enough to be privy to some very detailed information over the years and that has changed my opinion on the modern age of Lamborghini.

The new car is a great car by many means, but it's not what Lamborghini stood for, or was founded on, and that's what bothers me.

IMHO the Lamborghini that you and I loved died when the Veyron was released. The Veyron drivetrain should have been packaged as a Lamborghini.

It is human nature to judge something from a fixed point of reference, ie. a comparison to something similar.

IMHO the Lamborghini that you and I loved died when the Veyron was released. The Veyron drivetrain should have been packaged as a Lamborghini.

If only. Instead of reviving an old dead nameplate it would have been a game changer to release the veyron as a Lamborghini halo car.

Bumbling nonsense, ya'all. Lamborghini should be APPLAUDED for building cars designed for who and how they will actually be driven. The last thing I want in my Lamborghini is a "race car for the road", because it never is, and even if it was, it'd be stupid. 99% of all exotic miles are turned out at 6/10th of driving and below. That's how it should be!

Lamborghini knows and accepts that it's all about the theater. The looks, the sound, the usable ridiculousness of it all. Other brands actually pretend it's about enabling their customers to be racing drivers on the road. Buying that line is the joke.

I for one completely embrace the Aventador and Huracan-ification of the brand. The Diablo is a great car, but Lamborghini would be dead if they produced that today. Which is the other hilarious contradiction of this thread: simultaneously complaining about Bluetooth not working as well as a Kia and yet also wanting these bespoke, extreme race cars for the street. Haha. You might as well bemoan lack of big gulp cup holders as the downfall of the F40.

And I say all of that as a) an actual racing driver, B) owner of a Diablo 6.0, and c) an incoming Huracan. A car that's intended to put a smile on my face when going for a sandwich at lunch, not set any scorching lap times at a track it'll never visit.

Two more thoughts. Harris' piece is the worst of nostalgia. The Diablo 6.0 is a wonderful car on many counts, but it's not exactly the pinnacle of involved driving at the 10/10ths limit. It's this revisionist longing for a past that never existed that's ever so trite.

Secondly, saying Lamborghini is making cars for "people who can't drive", is actually exactly true and a damn good thing! Virtually all buyers of exotic cars "can't drive" by the measure of comparison to any real racing driver. So making cars for that market is exactly what a smart company that wants to sell more than 5 cars should seek to do.

The Zonda is my favorite car of all times. It has wonderful feel. Excusite styling. But guess what: It understeers FAR more than a Huracan AND the iPod connection never works properly. By the verdict of Harris and others in this thread, that means it's a rubbish car. Ha.

It understeers FAR more than a Huracan

Really?

I thought the Zonda is the pinnacle of handling in regards to street cars.

Other then that: :icon_thumleft:

Webster who are you to come in and use your actual race experience and not mention your recent race success? 😉

Congratulations on that. Been a great racing year for you.

I really don't think I should've made this post after Webster because that should actually be the end of this thread but I want to give you the respect you deserve and reply to your post.

I really don't get why you would be critical of the company's direction at the moment, in particular if you are a Lambo fan, they aren't on the verge of bankruptcy anymore , they aren't being passed around like a cheap whore, the company is healthier that's ever been, they are profitable, they are expending, employing more people, selling more than ever before, interacting with the owners (at least in my experience. ), producing very desirable models which are sold out for almost a year in advance, in case of the Aventador even longer, their cars are pretty much flawless in terms of reliability, the cars are very well priced for what you are getting, holding values reasonably well, above acceptable levels IMO.

How exactly do you want them to get their shit together? I am genuinely curious. In my opinion their shit is very together and they are heading in the right direction, going from strength to strength.

Perhaps they are missing the point on what you desire and they can't win you over as a customer, ultimately there is no way you can cater to everyone, as a manufacturer you have to please the majority of your market/fan base, from that respect IMO they are doing a great job mainly because I don't hear many of their buyers complaining, everyone who picked up their Huracan is over the moon with the car, so they are on point with making their product desirable and salable, on the right path.

I get the cars of the past but they are gone and they will never come back, the new safety regs and environmental compliance sucked the fun out of everything, that's not Lambos fault.

I am sure some of the guys who are fans of the old metal don't have much time for the new one, it also goes the other way around trust me but that doesn't mean we can not coexist and be respectful of each other and the choices we've made.

Did they sell any Veneno Roadsters? Anyone ask for the Egoista?

Yes, they did, as far as I know pretty much all of them.

Egoista is a styling exercise, not meant for production, IIRC.

And my info might be wrong, but they've sold 10 Sesto Elementos as well.

They sell everything they make. Which last time I checked makes it a successful company producing a product that is in high demand in the real, non-magazine-reviewer, non-good-old-days-chasing world.

Webster pretty much closed this thread. :icon_thumleft:

Not to me he didnt. Inmo, all new cars maybe faster..better stronger etc. But the excitement is gone, replaced by computers. This isnt just Lambo, its everyone. For a million dollars.. i rather an F40 than a P1. Thats just me.

A Diablo may not be the pinnacle of involved driving at 10/10 the limit.. but since you are never driving at that rate on the street, the Diablo is far more exciting to drive at somewhat legal rates of speed. Ofcourse it wouldnt be my ideal choice for the track.