Can a independent shop change a clucth on a Gallardo?

GQ IMAGE

1st post. Might be buying a Gallardo. Can an independent shop change a clutch on a Gallardo, or is the Lambo computer needed to configure anything after the clutch is installed. This would be for 2007 Gallardo? Thank you.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st post. Might be buying a Gallardo. Can an independent shop change a clutch on a Gallardo, or is the Lambo computer needed to configure anything after the clutch is installed. This would be for 2007 Gallardo? Thank you.

Welcome, first and foremost you'll want to do some research. What region are you in is important, and if you are around other members they'll be able to help you locate a reputable shop nearby. I wouldn't just drop the car off some random shop that works on cars. You'll get what you pay for, that's for sure.

Welcome, first and foremost you'll want to do some research. What region are you in is important, and if you are around other members they'll be able to help you locate a reputable shop nearby. I wouldn't just drop the car off some random shop that works on cars. You'll get what you pay for, that's for sure.

Thanks for the quick reply, and the invite to Lambo Power. Let me be a little more detailed about the shop. My best friend owns the shop. He is ASE Certified Master Technician, also as has master degree in mechanical engineering, has done custom builds on show trucks from the ground up that have been on the cover of Trucking Magazine, 8 Lug, and featured inside SEMA's display area multiple times. Has done full engine out services on my past Ferrari's 348, 355. Has also done work on my prior 360, and currently on my 430. http://autoillusions.com/?p=322 I feel that he can do anything, but I don't know if the computer is required to reset anything in the car once the new clutch is installed. This will be my 1st Lambo experience and I am hoping for a good one. I will keep my 430 Spider and just add a BULL to the garage. Life is TOO Short, just to own a Ferrari right??? I am located in Pittsburgh, PA and Mid Western Auto Group is my closest factory dealer.

Thanks again, for the help. I truly appreciate any advise.

GQ

Are we talking E-Gear or Manual? At the very minimum with an e-gear, a clutch adaptation programming must be performed , to my knowledge.

Thanks for the quick reply, and the invite to Lambo Power. Let me be a little more detailed about the shop. My best friend owns the shop. He is ASE Certified Master Technician, also as has master degree in mechanical engineering, has done custom builds on show trucks from the ground up that have been on the cover of Trucking Magazine, 8 Lug, and featured inside SEMA's display area multiple times. Has done full engine out services on my past Ferrari's 348, 355. Has also done work on my prior 360, and currently on my 430. http://autoillusions.com/?p=322 I feel that he can do anything, but I don't know if the computer is required to reset anything in the car once the new clutch is installed. This will be my 1st Lambo experience and I am hoping for a good one. I will keep my 430 Spider and just add a BULL to the garage. Life is TOO Short, just to own a Ferrari right??? I am located in Pittsburgh, PA and Mid Western Auto Group is my closest factory dealer.

Thanks again, for the help. I truly appreciate any advise.

GQ

Another welcome to LP (the best place on the internet) and a HUGE shoutout from the Burgh! Life is too short to own an F-car so congrats on adding the bull! MAG is to be avoided at all costs! Send the car to Bentley Gold Coast (Chicago) or Herb Chambers (Boston). Other PGH members with Lambos have used those two dealers with great results (DoctaM3 and Cake).

As for your buddy it sounds like he does solid work. I am pretty sure I have seen one of his trucks at CnC before in Cranberry. Sorry I can't help with the question on the computer tool. I am not sure if that is something the VAG tool can handle or if you need the LARA.

The use of LARA is needed. The wear indicator must be reset best to run a self learn and best to use to bleed clutch. Depending on what year and what clutch was in it may need updated soft wear.

If not egear then none of that is needed.

The use of LARA is needed. The wear indicator must be reset best to run a self learn and best to use to bleed clutch. Depending on what year and what clutch was in it may need updated soft wear.

The expert has spoken! You have your answer.

Are we talking E-Gear or Manual? At the very minimum with an e-gear, a clutch adaptation programming must be performed , to my knowledge.

E Gear.

Welcome to Lambo Power. I'm from Pittsburgh too. Have we seen your 430 at Cars N Coffee?

Jason - krypton green Exige S

Yes, I want a 458 Spider, but I know they are going to take a huge hit in value in 8 to 12 months. Had another good year, so I wanted to throw a Baby Bull in the garage, and then next year I will update the 430 Spider into a 458. But I am going to keep the Bull too, and have both. The deal on the Baby Bull is about 95% complete. We will see, drove it today, and just awesome.

Jefflambo, thank you VERY MUCH, this is what I needed. The car is a E Gear, and the clutch is close to where it needs replaced. I am buying it at a discount knowing this, I just wanted to see if it was possible to be done by my friend. Now I know it cannot. Have a great Holiday, and a Happy New Year. I will post pics, as soon as I get the car, if all the remaining pieces come together.

Can those of us from Pittsburgh start a Pittsburgh thread so we can all communicate and help each other out? (I'm new here... but other forums usually have threads by city/region)

I did a search and there's only a couple threads with Pittsburgh in the title... and none were for general communication and advice.

Jefflambo, thank you VERY MUCH, this is what I needed. The car is a E Gear, and the clutch is close to where it needs replaced. I am buying it at a discount knowing this, I just wanted to see if it was possible to be done by my friend. Now I know it cannot. Have a great Holiday, and a Happy New Year. I will post pics, as soon as I get the car, if all the remaining pieces come together.

Egear would work but function and wear of the new clutch would not be what it should.

You also have Evans in columbus not to far from you for any of your lamborghini needs.

You mean George "I'll cut your Murci frame to get your clutch out in 1/4 the hours I'm charging you and only weld up 3 of the 4 spots because you can't reach the 4th and not tell you about it because you don't need to know" Evans? Yeah, no problem there. :lol2:

And GQ, we do clutch changes a lot and have the LARA system and a certified Lambo Master Tech to do it if you ever need help.

You mean George "I'll cut your Murci frame to get your clutch out in 1/4 the hours I'm charging you and only weld up 3 of the 4 spots because you can't reach the 4th and not tell you about it because you don't need to know" Evans? Yeah, no problem there. :lol2:

And GQ, we do clutch changes a lot and have the LARA system and a certified Lambo Master Tech to do it if you ever need help.

:jerry:

First time ive heard anyone complain about Evans to be honest. Most feedback ive heard has been nothing but positive.

First time ive heard anyone complain about Evans to be honest. Most feedback ive heard has been nothing but positive.

It's mostly because they don't know. I can't tell you the countless time shops (especially the OLD Lambo Ohio) had to fix their work. His reputation amongst shops is really bad.

Cutting quality in the name of profit. He's not the first and won't be the last. Good on him for being able to still get customers to come in.

If people have positive experiences and want to keep going, then they are more than entitled to!

Wow, I did not believe this was posted by Dave until I read it myself.

Just for the record, we have never ever cut any frame for any reason to any car, much less a Lamborghini.

We would never cut a frame, as it would comprimise the structrual integrity of the frame itself. Even if it was rewelded, it could still be a problem unless it was restressd before welding so you would have the proper load on the frame at that point.

We have repaired 1 diablo frame that had been cut by another shop to replace a clutch and had been improperly repaired by that same shop. (With a little bit of searching, it is easy to find out who actually was doing the frame cutting) We did this without the engine in the car and the car setup properly on a rack so not to have any load in the area. you also have to take into consideration the natural shrinkage that will occur during welding.

I do not know of anyone that has cut a frame on a murci to speed up clutch replacement, but I am not even sure that it would make the job quicker as the murci structure and drive train is different from the diablo.

I am honestly not sure why Dave would lie about something like this. This is clearly libel. Sad that he would stoop this low.

I invite Dave to post the pictures and paperwork that documents his statements.

I will deal with Dave myself on this issue.

Attached is a couple of pics of us pulling a engine for clutch replacement on a murci.

At this momant, we currently have 32 lamborghinis here in various stages for repair and 16 of them are here for restorations.

Restoration cars we are currently working on are: 400gt, Islero, islero S, 3 miura's, 2 Jalpa's, Jarama, espada, 4 countachs, LM002, and a diablo. If anyone has any questions, they can contact me personally. Evans Automotive, since 1976, 614-471-7535

George Evans

post-8882-1419284367_thumb.jpg

post-8882-1419284380_thumb.jpg

It's mostly because they don't know. I can't tell you the countless time shops (especially the OLD Lambo Ohio) had to fix their work. His reputation amongst shops is really bad.

Cutting quality in the name of profit. He's not the first and won't be the last. Good on him for being able to still get customers to come in.

If people have positive experiences and want to keep going, then they are more than entitled to!

I do not know of any work that any shops or old Lamborghini Ohio has had to "fix our work".

Actually we are the ones that are fixing things that other local shops could not fix......

george evans