Ferrari 488 GTB

Davvemannen

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It surely is amazing car, I just think 458 speciale with NA-engine would be my choice for a life long keeper (had I any significant money). For a couple years ownership then maybe this new.

Huracan isa way out of league with this. They should call UGR immediately and introduce Huracan TT whihc has twice the power of Ferrari...

I know Ferrucio would because he wanted to be better than Enzo.

560 ft lbs of torque at 3000 RPM. Emissions are barely lower than the 458(15g/km), people assumed emissions were the reason for turbos, but its power by the looks of it.

Yes, but you have to look at it in the context that the new engine is making 100 more horsepower. If it had the same power level as the 458 the emissions would be substantially less than the 458.

458 resale headed into the toilet...

they have dropped 100k+ in the last 18mos..

imagine the guys that paid 100k over sticker... sucks

u guys got it all wrong..

488 has nothing to do with displacement etc..

ask any Chinese dude..

4 - usually a negative # (death)

but when combined with

8 and 8 => 488

for sure you will prosper and prosper

= can you say..catering to the Chinese market?

MY theory on the 488 GTB name....

My guess is that it is a reference to the 288 GTO which was the first "significant" turbocharged mid-engined Ferrari production model developed for world-wide consumption. It would not be hard to believe that Ferrari may want this car as the basis for the next "GTO" model, as then the title 488 GTO makes for an obvious reference to the past. In the same way that the 308 GTB begat the 288GTO, I think this could be their plan for this model. 488 GTO follows 488 GTB.

Perhaps they didn't change the name to reflect the displacement/cylinder count of the model as this car is clearly based on the 458. A move to a 398 nomenclature would be confusing step for most non-enthusiasts to keep up with and for people who don't know any better, the name 398 seems "inferior" to 458. Despite many of the company's model names reflecting the trend of naming the car after the displacement and cylinder count (348, 458, 288 etc.), most of the cars do not comply with that naming strategy anyhow (355, 360, 430, 599, etc.)

Just a guess.

To be honest, i am considering Ferrari 488 GTB as a great improvement in comparison with 458 model. The technical specifications are astounding and contemporary. If even we suggest MSRP car price is $300 000 then it makes sense to get a beast that has got 670hp. Using some non-technical upgrades (i mean a tuned exhaust, a new ECU map or an intake modification) we can obtain 700hp immediately. My $0.02.

To be honest, i am considering Ferrari 488 GTB as a great improvement in comparison with 458 model. The technical specifications are astounding and contemporary. If even we suggest MSRP car price is $300 000 then it makes sense to get a beast that has got 670hp. Using some non-technical upgrades (i mean a tuned exhaust, a new ECU map or an intake modification) we can obtain 700hp immediately. My $0.02.

:iamwithstupid: they followed McLaren with the 8cyl TT lighter/more power theory.

this will change the game for all exotics IMO

here is mclarens answer to the 488

should be real competitive next year!

If McLaren comes out swinging as well, I think the Huracan will be the least desired of all 3 cars. Going to be real interesting to see how lambo responds.

Game changer for the market. I don't think the 458 will take to terribly of a hit, as it's N/A vs. this now FI. I think a lot of Ferrari folks will relish the "last of the N/A" cars and have it command a stable price.

If McLaren comes out swinging as well, I think the Huracan will be the least desired of all 3 cars. Going to be real interesting to see how lambo responds.

:iamwithstupid:

here is mclarens answer to the 488

should be real competitive next year!

Thanks for the link.

I like that keen and active competition on the supercar market.

Interesting indeed. But the conundrum is, how can they? Sure, they can probably tweak the Huracan's engine for some more power, but (a.) can they really get it from 600 to around 670 with no major difficulty (in order to be on par and remain competitive)?? and (b.) if they do that the Huracan will *immediately* and clearly surpass the Aventador in performance, so they're going to need to bump the Aventador up significantly, like into the high-700's in power, and perhaps add some improvements on the transmission and weight-saving front as well.

This market is now REALLY competitive, which is awesome! The not-so-awesome part is that Lambo seems to be about 2 steps behind right now.

McLaren 675, Ferrari 488, new FGT, GSL....This is getting really interesting!

Oh, and the 488 looks fantastic!

McLaren 675, Ferrari 488, new FGT, GSL....This is getting really interesting!

Oh, and the 488 looks fantastic!

:iamwithstupid: I forgot about the FGT!

Imo it is the best looking Ferrari since the F40 and the performance will be spectacular. Makes the Huracan look boring.

Imo it is the best looking Ferrari since the F40 and the performance will be spectacular. Makes the Huracan look boring.

I have to agree!

I have to agree!

+1 Although I love the Huracan the 488 looks better, Lambo took the safe conservative road on design which is too bad.

Unfortunately this will rip Huracan a new one.

Will it ever. I am very tempted to order one and I think I will once the spider is released.

It would be really cool to install an adjustable boost knob in the car, like the old 930's. I am sure there is enough safety margin in the motor to play around with the boost, just have to check with a mechanic what modifications would be needed for the fuel injection, if that is a possibility.

This market is now REALLY competitive, which is awesome! The not-so-awesome part is that Lambo seems to be about 2 steps behind right now.

I don't know, I do believe that the market is getting fierce but Lambo has been holding a very steady course. Their growth and market share have increased over the last 7 years...I think they understand their consumers and will continue to cater to those needs.

Sure, the McLaren 650 S and the 488 GTB have great stats, but the Huracan is more excessable (AWD, very user friendly, least expensive). Sometimes it's not all about the numbers...the major highlight for the Huracan is you can get an NA V10 with AWD vs the McLaren and Ferrari which have turbo engines and RWD. Sure the Ferrari and McLaren have better numbers right now...but the Huracan offers an alternative for those who don't want turbos and don't want RWD, which is a pretty smart move by Lambo in my opinion.

My 2 cents.