Aventador SV

a007apl

On a side note, anyone got any inside info from the factory as to how many pcs they going to build for the Avent SV?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did I say the 670-4 SV was a "vast improvement?" I have been to the factory, and seen Lamborghini's "use" of carbon fiber. It looks cheap compared to how McLaren utilize it. The reason Lamborghini use a single clutch transmission in the Aventador is because of weight. So drop some more weight, and put in a modern day transmission.

I was speaking generally about a number of the comments where people have been implying the LP670SV was a major update and this isnt. Even though they all seem to fall perfectly in line with each other.

While the criticisms are all very reasonable from owners and prospective owners, my personal feeling is that this is the first Aventador that I will own. I have cancelled pre orders on both Roadsters and 50th after reveal because I was not really taken with either car. For me, this is the one. Crazy, bold and emotion provoking. Just look at the pages of controversy.

The other thing to remember is that Aventador will almost certainly have a mid cycle "refresh" that could entail dual clutch and other Audi induced updates that will really take away more emotion from the car. For the mindless track monkey commentator who demands silent boring shifts then maybe this will silence your complaints. There is incredible pressure on Lamborghini (as on all car companies) to get away from natural aspiration. The follow on cars could very well be full of batteries, turbos and other things that will potentially make us look at this SV as the last real flagship car in the same way the 670SV is looked on as the last V12 Lamborghini before Audi-ization. They are going to make this transition at some time. This may be it.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

I thought Lambo was going to make around 4000 Aventador's . It looks like the cycle is going to last longer .

I thought Lambo was going to make around 4000 Aventador's . It looks like the cycle is going to last longer .

It was 4000 in red and white :icon_mrgreen:

And so many around here were sooo adamant about there only being 4000. Disappointing they're making so many...

And with only 500 hp, it will probably put down a comparable lap time to the LP750SV.

Not if its a laptime around nardo :P Quick Google search says sport auto magazine was 7 seconds quicker around the Nring with a standard LP700 than a gt3...in fact for a car it's size, the laptimes the LP700 put down were quite impressive. It's the 3rd quickest car that sport auto have tested around the Nring.

Biggest disappointment, the Lambo girl next to the SV

hot-girls-at-the-geneva-motor-show-2015-

Definitely the large SV logo on my SV!

Comfort seats (electric and heated seats)

Due to where I live, I may end up getting these because the heated option instead of the standard optioned Racing bucket CF seats! The standard CF racing bucket seats look so much better!

Actually Lamboborghini is right on track! The launch demo SV Coupe VINs are only in the 3700s! I just got a bunch of pictures of the SV coupe and one of the pic showed most part of its VIN.

Based on that. Lambo will sell less than 100-150 SV Coupes, and then maybe 100 SV Roadsters in 2016-2017, and then still more than enough to do any special "refresh" Aventador editions to make up the remaining of the 4000 in 2017/2018.

Due to where I live, I may end up getting these because the heated option instead of the standard optioned Racing bucket CF seats! The standard CF racing bucket seats look so much better!

I think you are nuts to sell/trade in your current for an SV. I say that with full respect :P

I think you are nuts to sell/trade in your current for an SV. I say that with full respect :P

Definitely not getting a SV Coupe... :icon_mrgreen:

Went to have a look at the red SV yesterday

In real life the car is more impressive than the pics suggest - I was really impressed overall

................ although I still prefer the DMC wing

One other thing, although this has been mentioned in the past, there more or less said that there would be a Roadster version at some later stage

16549196110_8a176386ed_h.jpg

16529346137_a31c92372f_h.jpg

16735528862_0b03184dcb_h.jpg

16735398161_32d66929d1_h.jpg

I'm getting these with a cf back ... look into that. I am sad to see my roadster go but I will do the sv roadster when it comes. did they tell you expected date of delivery of coupe.. (really estimate October) and then roadster?

It is hard to do rallies in roadsters... 8 hours and everything about you is dirty and more tired than in a coupe.. plus I have been getting stuff "taken" off my face and forehead after each year of cross country driving even with the 70 spf

in the sv does the center console screen still do anything?

If you get the free cost option Navigation and info system, then obviously that will go there. But if you have the standard option (which is no nav or infoentaining) then a Lambo crest may appear on the LCD TFF screen. Form follows function so if they place a LCD screen there, then something must pop up on the screen one would imagine!?

Since Lambo is still producing other AV models (regular av coupes and roadsters) along side with the SV coupes, I believe August-Sept delivery is realistic. Allocation dates were just assigned couple of weeks ago to be in production que, it takes 3-4 months to build a brand new build. Last quarter of the year sounds about right.

A lot of fuss over a body kit and an exhaust......and that dash screams ferrplaystation...it's not for me

Biggest disappointment, the Lambo girl next to the SV

hot-girls-at-the-geneva-motor-show-2015-

I'd hit it.....

A lot of fuss over a body kit and an exhaust......and that dash screams ferrplaystation...it's not for me

I'd hit it.....

I already hit that and I did it first

And who really gives a fcuk about lap times when buying an Aventador?

If you want lap times go buy a track only toy.

To me, lap times are a very good indicator of how well a car handles.