Road Rage

pockmark

Interesting, I was in Miami in 2003. There was this a-hole in a Bimmer driving the airport expressway rocking out to Backstreet, flipping me off. He was kind of Mexican looking but with beady little eyes. He kept trying to tell me there was a cop in front of him. Wait...

It was NSYNC Dammit!!!!!!

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two stories from last week, fort lauderdale style!

First, my buddy is a security guy at a private building, so he carries and has a security badge. His dad is actually a cop. So he's driving down the road and this dipshit swerves into his lane, making him swerve too and end up going over the grassy median and come out on the opposite side. Luckily there weren't cars there. So my buddy speeds up, chases the fucker down and tries to get him to stop. It doesn't work, so he speeds up, and stops in the middle of the road, crossing the traffic off. He walks up to the dude and goes "What's wrong with you? Why are you swerving like that!" Guy doesn't say anything. He says again "DUDE, you could have killed me?!" Guy just sits there looking at him. So finally the guy says "I'm a cop." and shows some shithole small badge. My buddy is like, really? Me too, and pulls his badge. He says "Let me see it, and your id, if you're off duty I want your info." and pulls out his cell phone. The dude goes onto the sidewalk and drives off.

My story, I am pulling up into a parking lot by the beach. There is only one spot, and it's tight between a benz on the left, and the car on the right, because that car is full of stoned dipshits. They have the rear driver door open, and even as I carefully maneuver to get in, they keep on "chilling" and not giving any fucks. So I pull in, it's tight, but it's not terrible. Can get out normally with door open almost all the way. So I get out and see it's the national pimp aka dumbass day - there are all sorts of charachters out by the basketball courts on the beach. One is wearing a purple sport jacket and a 5lbs gold chain. Another one has gold teeth. There is an assortement of hoes, from large to xxxxl with full makeup. I thought I was in a rap video, because who the hell dresses like that on an 85 degree day? I don't ask this of a guy wearing a winter ski cap. He's the fourth guy I've seen like that around here. So I go to pay for parking, and start coming back to the car. I see the benz starts pulling out, its two chicks. She turns the wheels, and starts TURNING as she is backing up. She isn't going straight back like any normal person wouldo do, she is actually turning into my car, and now that I think about it again I have no fcuking idea why you'd turn that way because it is the opposite of what you gotta do. But hey, I'm not currently stoned. So I watch her, and when I realize it's about 7 inches from an accident I get in the way. I motion, pull forward. She LUNGES the car forward and goes on the sidewalk where people walk by about 3 feet. Luckily there wasn't anyone close enough to get hit. So she pulls back and rolls down the window, and the first thing she says is "Why you park so close?" I tell her "Do you want me to back out for you?" to which she says "why you park so close... move your car so i can get out."

fcuk it. I walk to my car and start pulling out, and guess what - the asshole crew on the right STILL has the door open, even as I back out, and repark. A moment later as I walk to the court a purple HUmmer truck with PURPLE front lights and 10 megafucktons of rap music pulls up in the spot and everything is once again good in the hood.

I had an artist draw my representation of the scene below.

And Mikey, I just turned 30, and I already feel like I need a porch. Or to start smoking pot, or get blowjobs twice daily..

post-11867-1426537309_thumb.png

dp.png

I'm not sure why but when I saw your mspaint I was like "WUT." I've made an MSPaint revision of my own without having read anything in your story, just to make sure I understand. (i made one with arnold and one without just in case)

asdf.png

asdf.png

I'm not sure why but when I saw your mspaint I was like "WUT." I've made an MSPaint revision of my own without having read anything in your story, just to make sure I understand. (i made one with arnold and one without just in case)

post-9285-1426537984.png

I just got in trouble for laughing at my desk, lol.

asdf.png

fuk ,laughing sooo hard

We all have are moments on the road. But you have to control yourself. What do you have to gain by kicking someone's ass? A lot more to lose though.

We all have are moments on the road. But you have to control yourself. What do you have to gain by kicking someone's ass? A lot more to lose though.

Agreed. Especially when you're driving a nice car, it just isn't worth it getting damaged.

Now a days I just move over. I have a good life and don't need to mess it up because some low-life is being a jerk.

As most of you know, when driving a sports car or nicer car, I've noticed people tend to do more stupid stuff near you.

A few years back I'm about to pull into my work parking lot, some toolbag in a V6 Mustang who had been tailing me the entire way through the business park, decides he is going to fly around me on the INSIDE as I'm making a left into my building. This jackass almost sideswipes me, and at this point I'm pissed. So I decided to follow him into his work parking lot, I hop out of the car, and start knocking on his window. He would not even look at me, and just turned his music up, he was a little guy also. That was when I realized this is incredibly stupid, but I did make sure to make a small scene at his place of employment as a few of his co-workers were walking by. Needless to say I'm sure he was very embarrassed. To this day I still can't understand why he would attempt to pass on the inside while I'm turning...

Felt like an idiot afterwards, but sometimes we do stupid stuff. For some reason entry level sports car drivers piss me off the most, they always seem to be driving like assholes. Especially WRX's, Si's, V6 Camaro/ Mustang, etc.

For fucks sake, it seems to be crazy stown driving on US soil.

Now I understand why so many of you guys are pro guns, I´d probably be thinking the same way living in the US.

Never ever had such a problem driving in Europe, my father has been driving for almost 40 years and never had anything like that happen to him either.

The amount of time and training it takes to obtain a license in Europe probably has something to do with it. In Europe its expensive and takes like 6 months of training. In the US you need an afternoon and $20 and any idiot is legal to drive.

For fucks sake, it seems to be crazy stown driving on US soil.

Now I understand why so many of you guys are pro guns, I´d probably be thinking the same way living in the US.

Never ever had such a problem driving in Europe, my father has been driving for almost 40 years and never had anything like that happen to him either.

Yes-was very surprised in Italy (Rome specifically) that people bump their way into parking spots and nobody seems to care. Here people would punch someones face in if they saw someone bumping into their car to fit into a parallel parking spot. But also seemed that most were driving cars for transportation purposes only where here it is more of a status symbol (although it is obviously different in Maranello and Sant'agat a)

Yes-was very surprised in Italy (Rome specifically) that people bump their way into parking spots and nobody seems to care. Here people would punch someones face in if they saw someone bumping into their car to fit into a parallel parking spot. But also seemed that most were driving cars for transportation purposes only where here it is more of a status symbol (although it is obviously different in Maranello and Sant'agat a)

I would absolutely shit bricks if someone hit my car going into a parking spot and didn't care.

I would absolutely shit bricks if someone hit my car going into a parking spot and didn't care.

On the other hand, they are called BUMP-ers..thats what they were made for, no?

In chicago you can buy a rubber bumper buddy that you put on top of your bumper for that reason exactly.

So a dude rides your ass and swerves at you a few times and you want to start a fight? Trust me I get how annoying that crap is (I drive 84 miles round trip every day) but CHILL! Especially with kid(s) at home no need to do something stupid.

I find myself listening to talk/sports radio on the way home when the commute is bad not because I enjoy it so much as the conversation makes the commute go faster and less stressful. With music on I get annoyed when the same 5 Top 40 songs play over and over again. Now if I am stuck in traffic or some douche wants to play chicken I just slow down, let them pass and a few other cars and then merge back in to the fast lane. If I get to work/home 45 seconds later than normal no big deal and maybe I got to catch a bit extra of the conversation on the radio.

I am about to start books on tape so that I have even more of a "reason" to not mind being stuck in the car a few extra minutes because of other drivers shenanigans.

In other news there is a ton of marcellus shale work going on right now. Every morning at 5:30 the turnpike is a parade of bro trucks that are lifted and have after market HID kits installed. I swear I can catch a tan from the light reflecting off of my mirrors and around my cabin from these clowns. That makes me want to fight! :tyson:

So a dude rides your ass and swerves at you a few times and you want to start a fight? Trust me I get how annoying that crap is (I drive 84 miles round trip every day) but CHILL! Especially with kid(s) at home no need to do something stupid.

He has a temper, or had should I say. :icon_mrgreen: . I see he is mellowing nicely

He has a temper, or had should I say. :icon_mrgreen: . I see he is mellowing nicely

LOL

Funny LPDADDY Story about temper, and how I am now mellowing out.

Was hanging out with LPDADDY in Canada while I was there for a work and met to have a drink a couple years ago. We go outside to continue our conversation and this big douche comes walking up and says under his breath "why don't you just block the whole fcuking sidewalk." I was so caught off guard (I didn't know there were assholes in Canada like me??), I didn't know what to say, but also realized I was with LPDADDY, and said fcuk it I will take the highroad. I don't even know/recall if dad saw it or not but I was laughing my ass off inside.

Dad has tought me well :turboalex: it isn't worth it.

Not like my old football days where beating on people was encouraged. :nhl_fight: :tyson: :rant:

Weve all been in the situation you have described on both sides. I find it interesting that you cut him off and wonder why he got upset. While he acted poorly after the fact, you contributed to the initial situation more than he did. He sped up because he didn't want to let you in, while a bit rude, we've all done it, and its not really a reckless action. You moved your slow moving vehicle suddenly in front of his much faster vehicle potentially causing an accident. I used to have crazy road rage, I have gotten out of my car in the middle of the road on several occasions to confront people. At the end of the day it isnt worth it, and you made the right decision after the fact. If someone is being rude, why not just let them get in front of you, don't cut them off or try to take them down a notch by going slow in front of them or not allowing them to pass.

A kinda buddy of mine told me of a now humorous road rage incident. Started similar to OP's story in that buddy was in a forced merging situation, effectively guy in back was pissed for getting cut off. Three lights of escalation later buddy hops out with a bat, while the other guy pulls his ccw. They're yelling at each other from beside their cars and cops get called and show up. Both get cited and drive home. Buddy see's the guy is still behind him after driving 1-2 miles away thinks dude is following him. Buddy pulls into his driveway and the guy drives past, and pulls into his driveway 4-5 houses down. Bastards are inseparable now and laugh their asses off about the incident.

Weve all been in the situation you have described on both sides. I find it interesting that you cut him off and wonder why he got upset. While he acted poorly after the fact, you contributed to the initial situation more than he did. He sped up because he didn't want to let you in, while a bit rude, we've all done it, and its not really a reckless action. You moved your slow moving vehicle suddenly in front of his much faster vehicle potentially causing an accident. I used to have crazy road rage, I have gotten out of my car in the middle of the road on several occasions to confront people. At the end of the day it isnt worth it, and you made the right decision after the fact. If someone is being rude, why not just let them get in front of you, don't cut them off or try to take them down a notch by going slow in front of them or not allowing them to pass.

Maybe I was not 100% clear in painting the complete picture in my first post. I was not stopped behind the bus and turned into his lane to cut him off. My vehicle was not slow moving at the time (I was going approx. 45 in a 45), and saw the bus stopped ahead. I had the space to move in, had my blinker on, and he (from 5-6 carlengths back) decided to try and speed up to not let me in. It wouldnt have been a "cut off" situation had he not decided to drive live a d!ck. There is a vast difference in understanding here: My intent to change lanes was clear, my space was more than enough to get in, he was driving over speed limit to "attempt" to get to my space so I couldnt get in, and then was upset that I did. Would not have caused an accident due to the space I had available. Was in front of him for 2-3 seconds at most just to get around the bus.

One of the BIGGEST problems in South Florida is that people pull this sh!t when you use your turn signals. Thats why if you notice when you are visiting, the true locals never use turn signals. They just move into lanes.

I used to have crazy road rage as well, you live and learn. You should see the traffic and the drivers we have to deal with here day in and day out. Insane :eusa_wall:

Road rage is very common in SO Cal. On two occasions I pulled my phone and started recording. Funny to watch them run like rabbits.