F**K Missed my chance!

robiferretti

Guy has been trying to get me to invest for the past 8 years at the NY Auto Show.

Looks like that ship has sailed. You are looking at Allan's car #1 in white. Rumored is the HH version is already in production as well. Big things to come.

Guy has been trying to get me to invest for the past 8 years at the NY Auto Show.

Looks like that ship has sailed. You are looking at Allan's car #1 in white. Rumored is the HH version is already in production as well. Big things to come.

Hahaha! I saw this today. In the comments section of Jalopnik, one reader claimed that the Lyons guy got his start building Lamborghini replicas. What an absolute joke. Why even bother bringing that bar of soap to the show, you can't just claim to have ridiculous figures and not even have a semi decent example to show! His staff looked "so professional," too. This guy has not thought out a darn thing! I feel bad for the guy. This is just another "Devil 16," for those of you who remember.

Hahaha! I saw this today. In the comments section of Jalopnik, one reader claimed that the Lyons guy got his start building Lamborghini replicas. What an absolute joke. Why even bother bringing that bar of soap to the show, you can't just claim to have ridiculous figures and not even have a semi decent example to show! His staff looked "so professional," too. This guy has not thought out a darn thing! I feel bad for the guy. This is just another "Devil 16," for those of you who remember.

*googles "Devil 16"*

Hmmmmm. That car body in NY auto show is pretty rough though. I don't understand what he means by "single wire" though, perhaps he means single data cable? Or perhaps single harness? I can't imagine the entire signals of a fuel and ignition system running through one cable. If so, from an engineering standpoint, sounds like a large and problematic point of potential electrical failure. Even some of the best standalone systems I've seen, in one harness, all still have various wires and signals. Most modern day standalone systems have multiple signal cables (cam and crankshaft), along with various sensors. His description of "one wire" confused me a bit. In all fairness he was under pressure of the camera though so that can make it difficult to describe things or what is going on when put on the spot. Interesting concept, and I never wish bad things upon people and hope the project comes to fruition, it does sound interesting.

(edit) after listening to the video again and him describing the signals being like a "cable signal" interfering with each other like at home, perhaps they are using multiple signals in one particular cable, like a serial signal of some sort? encrypted, etc? If that's the case it's possible and a cool concept. Imagine not having to sweat a buttload of wires to track down a wiring problem and having just one data point. At the same time I suppose I'm oldschool though and feel like having multiple circuits instead of a single point of failure is a better failover. At the same time, I can see how it would be easier on wiring to have a single circuit that "does it all" since you'd be cutting down on wiring and circuits if you're able to get that to the ECU. I guess if you can splurge on a 1700hp car, then having top of the line technology makes sense in regards to advance circuitry. I'm genuinely curious on how that would work and am fairly intrigued.

Kerplop are you seriously thinking these thoughts? I thought they tried to do 5m long easteregg from fiberglass but it collapsed to this shape. It's like 3years old trying to build spaceship. All dream.

Is that guy for real? :lol2:

*googles "Devil 16"*

Hmmmmm. That car body in NY auto show is pretty rough though. I don't understand what he means by "single wire" though, perhaps he means single data cable? Or perhaps single harness? I can't imagine the entire signals of a fuel and ignition system running through one cable. If so, from an engineering standpoint, sounds like a large and problematic point of potential electrical failure. Even some of the best standalone systems I've seen, in one harness, all still have various wires and signals. Most modern day standalone systems have multiple signal cables (cam and crankshaft), along with various sensors. His description of "one wire" confused me a bit. In all fairness he was under pressure of the camera though so that can make it difficult to describe things or what is going on when put on the spot. Interesting concept, and I never wish bad things upon people and hope the project comes to fruition, it does sound interesting.

(edit) after listening to the video again and him describing the signals being like a "cable signal" interfering with each other like at home, perhaps they are using multiple signals in one particular cable, like a serial signal of some sort? encrypted, etc? If that's the case it's possible and a cool concept. Imagine not having to sweat a buttload of wires to track down a wiring problem and having just one data point. At the same time I suppose I'm oldschool though and feel like having multiple circuits instead of a single point of failure is a better failover. At the same time, I can see how it would be easier on wiring to have a single circuit that "does it all" since you'd be cutting down on wiring and circuits if you're able to get that to the ECU. I guess if you can splurge on a 1700hp car, then having top of the line technology makes sense in regards to advance circuitry. I'm genuinely curious on how that would work and am fairly intrigued.

My first thought was fiber. We use fiber for communication in the plants alot.

Kerplop are you seriously thinking these thoughts? I thought they tried to do 5m long easteregg from fiberglass but it collapsed to this shape. It's like 3years old trying to build spaceship. All dream.

I guess I don't know enough about the project and haven't read up on it. Is this like a big joke I'm missing and this project is just a big sham or something?

Feel bad for the guy. He's obviously delusional. The whole piece is the fat Jalopnik guy making fun of the vehicle and Lyons. The video is almost entirely footage showing how shit the soap-up is, as if we didn't already know that.

"there's ample vents (guilty shrug), there's 21 vents"

love it

C'mon guys! There's 21 vents on the car!

I guess I don't know enough about the project and haven't read up on it. Is this like a big joke I'm missing and this project is just a big sham or something?

I don't know anything about this but I need to only look at it and I know it is a big joke.

The guy doesn't realize he's being made fun of? Perhaps the whole thing is a prank?

Assuming the whole thing isn't a big joke, I think Jalopnik has hit a new low in their already bottom-barrel "journalism".

You're telling me you guys haven't all seen their incredible promotional video?!

http://youtu.be/jtufdCOIwto

Gamechanger.

Ok that was painful to watch. I take back my previous statements.

Fuel... 91 octane PREMIUM

catalytic converters... YES.

Tire pressure, around 30.

Fill with AIR.

The newest video!

I wonder how long before we see this on American Greed and how many poor souls will give him money to invest

Lol the first comment, "Add a message to your video."