re Aventador PPI

LamboJoe

Can somebody bring out the petroleum jelly

doing a PPI on a 13 Aventador

2 year service with a brake flush, 4 clips, and rear tire $6900 :eusa_think:

also is 15% clutch wear normal on a 5,000 mile aventador ?

20150506_122702.jpg

20150506_122737.jpg

20150506_123106.jpg

Nothing I tell you ... Nothing like what I deal with ..

If the service is not "5 figure" THANK YOUR GOD and go away happy.. I replaced my Transmission at 21k miles so you are on the "still breaking it in mode

Nothing I tell you ... Nothing like what I deal with ..

If the service is not "5 figure" THANK YOUR GOD and go away happy.. I replaced my Transmission at 21k miles so you are on the "still breaking it in mode

That's crazy! That wasn't covered under warranty, or was the mileage too high? From a dealer standpoint, it makes much more sense to save both time and money by replacing whole groups of components that individual parts, and I'm sure the dealerships are happy to do it. I've read so many cases where people ended up in 5 digit bills from dealerships and what could have been fixed were small components, but just time consuming to replace.

With a two year service, I can see them replacing all belts and coil pack/spark plugs. Is that the case in these cars?

f you can afford the car, you can afford the service, as exorbitant as it is, that is the mentality. This is cheap compared to my SLR, consider yourself lucky.

A service is 5k which is basic oil and filter change,B service 15k to 20k, oil change and plugs and other stuff that does not need to be done and i stopped them from performing them

f you can afford the car, you can afford the service, as exorbitant as it is, that is the mentality. This is cheap compared to my SLR, consider yourself lucky.

A service is 5k which is basic oil and filter change,B service 15k to 20k, oil change and plugs and other stuff that does not need to be done and i stopped them from performing them

Send it to me in USA and I'll do them for $1k and $6k respectively

www.mercedes-md.com

Those prices are insane.

I can't imagine the standard oil change is that complicated. I'm a cheap bastard by nature, so spending $5K would be out the question :lol2: Wouldn't it be cheaper to hire a PT mechanic to do service on-site at your home?

Send it to me in USA and I'll do them for $1k and $6k respectively

www.mercedes-md.com

Those prices are insane.

Those were quoted prices, I haggled them down quite a bit but the B service still ended up costing me 14k, they say engine has to come out for plugs, no way around it. I don't know if it is true.

I would love to ship the car to you but, by the time I pay for shipping and customs hassle, I would be into it for more money

Can somebody bring out the petroleum jelly

doing a PPI on a 13 Aventador

2 year service with a brake flush, 4 clips, and rear tire $6900 :eusa_think:

also is 15% clutch wear normal on a 5,000 mile aventador ?

15% worn after 5,000 miles........not unheard of!

If you can afford the car, you can afford the service, as exorbitant as it is, that is the mentality. This is cheap compared to my SLR, consider yourself lucky.

:iamwithstupid:

I can't imagine the standard oil change is that complicated. I'm a cheap bastard by nature, so spending $5K would be out the question :lol2: Wouldn't it be cheaper to hire a PT mechanic to do service on-site at your home?

I can have Cosmo at Corsa motors do the necessary oils for the car since he does all my cars my point here was seeing what dealership's charge is outrageous.

For a standard oil change is between $350-500

Over 1K to fix a nail puncture? LOL you can find a small but decent shop that will seal the hole for $50.

And you would be willing to drive a car with a patched or plugged tire a high speeds. Its your life.. Tire failure at high speed is a very scary thing. When a nail goes thru the belts it is compromised and can fail under extreme driving.

To me a set of tires are cheep when you think about it. How much is the car and or your life worth.

My 2 cents.

My guess is he was thinking the cost was a fix not involving new tires? Seems reasonable to me if that was for new tires.

And you would be willing to drive a car with a patched or plugged tire a high speeds. Its your life.. Tire failure at high speed is a very scary thing. When a nail goes thru the belts it is compromised and can fail under extreme driving.

To me a set of tires are cheep when you think about it. How much is the car and or your life worth.

My 2 cents.

Yep a new back tire is 550 no big deal to change it i would never drive at high speed with a fixed tire.