Aventador SV goes under 7 minutes at Nurburgring

Hermes

Balls of steel. Man, did he man handle the Super Veloce for an amazing result. We need to send him out again for another lap!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balls of steel. Man, did he man handle the Super Veloce for an amazing result. We need to send him out again for another lap!

:iamwithstupid: There were a few areas where a few extra tenths could have been gained..but hey he has more driving ability than I do so I solute him! :icon_super:

A lot of time is lost to the 918 on the long straight being down on power. I would love to see a a ghosted run of these two overlapped to see where one is faster than the other. That driver was not holding back at all.

Marco Mapelli (the chief Pirelli test/development driver) was the driver--he is an excellent wheel. From what has been shared about the test day, the tires were Trofeo R's for this recorded run--supposedly used as a benchmark for development of new Corsas. Also, car had a "press kit" tune reportedly closer to 800hp--plus the other mods already discussed here. An impressive time for sure--but not exactly representative of what will be delivered to customers.

A lot of time is lost to the 918 on the long straight being down on power. I would love to see a a ghosted run of these two overlapped to see where one is faster than the other. That driver was not holding back at all.

I am sure that is where it is most competitionam against electroc motors as they loose charge quicky and electric motors are very inefficient at max speeds.

I spent some time saying how I felt the SV was bad ass - not a poser car with a new bumper and a wing. lol

Most everyone had hatred for the car. 80% OF LP SAID IT WAS DISAPPOINTING (THERE SHOULD BE A MONTAGE OF QUOTES HERE)

I became of the opinion that most everyone should keep what they have and I would be the only SV owner

then they announce 600 being sold... ... I only need one

then they say a roadster in the future.. another year ort two .. by then I will def. need a new car ... one maybe two, so I will buy it.

but this lap time: lol fake or real ... come on. This is #greatness!!!!!!! Congrats Lambo

by this time this year I will have crossed the USA 2x in an SV and been to at least three countries in it. I'm confident in this purchase and I remember the other cars I have declined in the past.... I was right. I know this car is more than meets the eye unlike other "special super duper uber .. ulta .. limited and etc models which had NO performance numbers to substantiate (just asthetics which ... by the way... I love too!!!!)

I am buying this for the performance. period. that and the fact that I have a deep need to cover it with chrome so I can hear the inevitable from those who drive lass than me:

1 - omg he ruined it

2 - why would anyone chrome a car

3 - I wish I could "unsee it"

4 - money doesn't buy taste;

5; tell the models to get off that car .... and my all time favorite email (over a hundred a year ...... is

6 - nice car but can you send me a picture of Conc's feet.

The Ring lap time is real... for anyone who thinks otherwise .. stop it.

This car is for performance. If you Don't want the fastest production Lambo made to date you should NOT BUY THIS CAR.

I think we all know which ballers are in this 600 person long line with a fists full of dollars and shit eating grins. me i'm up front. most all dealerships have relayed the message that they are .....

SOLD

Marco Mapelli (the chief Pirelli test/development driver) was the driver--he is an excellent wheel. From what has been shared about the test day, the tires were Trofeo R's for this recorded run--supposedly used as a benchmark for development of new Corsas. Also, car had a "press kit" tune reportedly closer to 800hp--plus the other mods already discussed here. An impressive time for sure--but not exactly representative of what will be delivered to customers.

makes sense, but either way that is moving! :icon_thumleft:

It would be nice to a hold of that factory tune....

No surprise I guess.

This also gives clues to what Lamborghini can and will do for the subsequent model variants of the series since there should be at least another 4 years of life left for the Aventador.

Autocar's article said:

... Forgive me, but I’m going to mention the Nürburgring Nordschleife for a moment. Lamborghini, with only a 15-minute window, decided it would have a crack at a Nordschleife lap time; with little notice, a Pirelli test driver set a time of 6min 59sec in this car.

You must watch the video of the lap: there are some massively hairy moments, which Lamborghini’s Reggiani reckons were worth three or four dropped seconds. Now bear in mind that Porsche, after quite a lot of trying, made its 918 Spyder hybrid hypercar go only two seconds faster than that and you have an idea of the Superveloce’s latent pace.

The fact that Porsche and Lamborghini are both part of the Volkswagen Group probably means Lamborghini won’t take the opportunity to go faster and reveal what might be an awkward truth: that this is the fastest car in the group's portfolio. And at £320,000, it's one you might – might - almost consider a bargain."

Evo article:

That scary Nürburgring lap was done in a 15-minute window – a one shot deal. The driver ran the car in the lowest downforce setting in Corsa mode and with ESC on. He’s a Pirelli test driver called Marco Mapelli. It’s possible that the car could go quicker in the other downforce settings… the factory just don’t know as they haven’t set back-to-back laps. To be continued, then.

CAR article:

Lambo’s own computations estimated it would do a 7min 10sec run and they were pretty pleased with that, so the eventual 6.59.73 sent them crazy. Exclusive time at the ’Ring is so expensive that the actual time was achieved with just one flying lap. R&D boss Reggiani reckons that you can see the test driver making a couple of errors during the lap and that a clean run could cleave another three or four seconds off the total. That would make it quicker than a 918 Spyder, and I can't see that going down well at sister company Porsche.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/l...sv-2015-review/

CAR article:

Lambo’s own computations estimated it would do a 7min 10sec run and they were pretty pleased with that, so the eventual 6.59.73 sent them crazy. Exclusive time at the ’Ring is so expensive that the actual time was achieved with just one flying lap. R&D boss Reggiani reckons that you can see the test driver making a couple of errors during the lap and that a clean run could cleave another three or four seconds off the total. That would make it quicker than a 918 Spyder, and I can't see that going down well at sister company Porsche.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/l...sv-2015-review/

:eusa_dance:

Autocar's article said:

... Forgive me, but I’m going to mention the Nürburgring Nordschleife for a moment. Lamborghini, with only a 15-minute window, decided it would have a crack at a Nordschleife lap time; with little notice, a Pirelli test driver set a time of 6min 59sec in this car.

You must watch the video of the lap: there are some massively hairy moments, which Lamborghini’s Reggiani reckons were worth three or four dropped seconds. Now bear in mind that Porsche, after quite a lot of trying, made its 918 Spyder hybrid hypercar go only two seconds faster than that and you have an idea of the Superveloce’s latent pace.

The fact that Porsche and Lamborghini are both part of the Volkswagen Group probably means Lamborghini won’t take the opportunity to go faster and reveal what might be an awkward truth: that this is the fastest car in the group's portfolio. And at £320,000, it's one you might – might - almost consider a bargain."

I beg to differ. The SV is not the fastest car in a straight line or on the track at VAG (VW Audi Group). In a straight line the Veyron SS is by far the faster car and on track, the 918 Weissach Pkg is faster. The 918 has 887HP (vs 750-790 depending on the tune of the SV) plus the SV has a higher curb weight. Add the fact that the 918 has superior technology (4WS, Torque Vectoring not to mention torque-fill of the electric/hybrid powertrain) it is not hard to believe that the 918 IS faster than the SV. The 918's 6.57 lap was set on a lower powered (same power on IC engine but lower power with lower max RPM on both electric motors) pre-production car with first gen Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. On Trofeo R tires the 918 will be much closer to the 6.47 lap it set with slicks. Porsche is getting ready (from what I read on Rennlist) to go back to the ring with a production spec 918 Weissach Pkg car with Pilot Sport Cup 2 N1 spec tires (20% grippier than N0 spec tires) this Summer. I believe its true potential is closer to 6.45. Then again, what do I know...

BTW, I love the SV and am considering getting an SV Roadster when it comes out in about 18 months...

I hope they go back to the ring and take the trophy from the 918.
Fortis that would be great but not likely, IMO.

It would be true Ferrucio's way to show a finger to all portfolio bullshit and just beat the competition.

I really really hope they do that. It would also mean that they have beat all the others cause ThethetheFerrari and McLaren does not have balls to release numbers.

It would be great if Lamborghini can test the car on Pirelli Trofeo R tires at the Nring and beat the 918 time. Lambo can then offer the tire as an option for SV buyers. Ultimately I expect the 918 to beat whatever time the SV sets, but it would be nice to hold the series production car record even just for a few days or weeks.

Of course it's not faster than the 918 but what a pass!
Absolutely! With all the bizarre stunts with performance testing and Nurburgring times both Ferrari and McLaren have pulled, I love the fact that Lambo went straight to the top 2 on the leader board on Ring times!

It would be great if Lamborghini can test the car on Pirelli Trofeo R tires at the Nring and beat the 918 time. Lambo can then offer the tire as an option for SV buyers. Ultimately I expect the 918 to beat whatever time the SV sets, but it would be nice to hold the series production car record even just for a few days or weeks.
I agree 100%

One of my friends that does a lot of OEM testing at the Ring recently told me speed limits instituted on some sections may become permanent. Road cars getting too fast, too many deaths and near misses. Will require a recalibration of what times signify, though they already don't signify a lot.

I hope they go back to the ring and take the trophy from the 918.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: We all know the SV is faster than the 918...but it'd be nice to see it officially done

Autocar's article said:

Wow, that's balls. Lambo's team balls.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: We all know the SV is faster than the 918...but it'd be nice to see it officially done

Really? I get that you are a big fan but really?