Goodbye R8 Spyder... HELLO 12c!

NRG x Lambo

so after enjoying the r8 spyder for about 7-8 months, i decided to pull the trigger on a 2012 mp4-12c yesterday. there's still a LITTLE part of me that is uneasy about how well (or lack there of) these cars hold value. that being said, the 12c seems to have sort of slowed down (specially the coupe) at about $160-170k. and there's no denying it's a LOT OF CAR FOR THE MONEY. i think the car looks amazing, and it's a complete BLAST to drive.

this car was LOADED. even newport mclaren was surprised at how much 'stuff' was on this car. carbon everywhere! carbon turning veins, carbon mirror, carbon front splitter, carbon rear diffuser, carbon engine covers, carbon engine bay panel covers, carbon seat backs, carbon interior, carbon steering wheel, carbon door sill, carbon fender well! also the carbon ceramic brakes!

there ARE some quirks. i can't stand how crappy their media/IRIS system is. i live in LA and the car can't hold ANY radio reception. but apparently this IS a known mclaren problem. already ordered a set of new wheels for the car, and hoping maybe we can do a little aero upgrades here and there...

anyways, here she is...

Gw_800.jpg

mg_800.jpg

fA_800.jpg

uw_800.jpg

FQ_800.jpg

Xg_800.jpg

You will love the car. You can easily sell your OEM wheels for $5k+ if you're not keeping them as they are the most attractive OEM wheels. Love the blue calipers.

nice best of luck, let us know what you think after you have it for a few days

You will love the car. You can easily sell your OEM wheels for $5k+ if you're not keeping them as they are the most attractive OEM wheels. Love the blue calipers.

i was actually thinking of swapping them out for a new set of wheels and just leaving them in storage. but maybe i should sell them if they fetch that much. wow. also thinking of repainting calipers to verde. (like your old Super G).

Looks great, congrats! Blue calipers are not that common which, to me, is a good thing. I would leave them as they are.

They look so good in black. The owner here just got a volcano yellow spider, what a car!!! Let alone the price point.. just phenomenal. Now, just let me make you a good deal on an exhaust to really spruce it up :eusa_pray: :eusa_dance:

Time for a Revozsport Front bumper.. :icon_mrgreen:

chris, curious. can you PM me price of FULL Revo kit! front, side skirts, diffuser. not the wing. thanks!

That is a tone of carbon on that car! The blue calipers look sweet and are different for sure...I would keep them if it was me.

Time for a Revozsport Front bumper.. :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_super: you will LOVE it! welcome to the mac club ;)

I personally would do wheels/lower, awe full exhaust, and sp kit!

cant wait to hear your thoughts!