Oh god why?

abolfaz

What does title look like after an engine fire? If the car is going to be salvage/rebuilt going forward then I think what the owner did makes a lot of sense. At least the car is back on the road rather than being stripped down for parts.

Yeah, it looks like money was the limiting factor. I suppose this means that the remainder of car can be maintained rather than be written off to rot away, so in the long run this could be what saved it when someone else pours some money into it to "restore" it later; i.e. the engine swap gave it a stay of execution.

Although to all of us we are turning our nose up but I can see how properly replacing everything including, engine, transmission, ECUs (which are not longer even available for sale btw) and all other things required may be over a $100k and with a salvage title makes no financial sense. At least he is still rocking a factory body Diablo with probably a more reliable drive train and more power to the wheels than stock.

I would rock it. I would also TT it, then do burnouts erryday.

Seeing your 996 911 Project that doesn't surprise me.

Here is another radical V-8 alternative.

A Hayabusa based V-8. Sounds like a cage of angry mountain lions.

I don't really hold it against the guy. I get the whole salvage title / cheaper / more reliable path. I just think he could have been a little more unique about it. At least take off the damn corvette coil covers!

Is it just me, or what the hell is the air intake doing right where he can suck in all the engine heat?

Yes, by all means,, get the fcuking Corvette covers off the damned engine..I get a V8 SWAP like others have noted.. He can now drive the piss out of the car and not worry about value.. it's worthless now anyways.

Is it just me, or what the hell is the air intake doing right where he can suck in all the engine heat?

Yes, by all means,, get the fcuking Corvette covers off the damned engine..I get a V8 SWAP like others have noted.. He can now drive the piss out of the car and not worry about value.. it's worthless now anyways.

It needs some changes, that intake is in an awful position. Would have been better off fabbing a pipe (or pipes) to one (or both) of the factory airboxes.

I hate the corvette covers that I took them off my corvette. :eusa_dance:

I purchased this car from someone after owning an all original diablo vt. After owning the vt for a while I didn't enjoy it has much I suppose due to many worries like it depreciating as mileage added up, parts becoming obsolete etc. Just seemed like I was waising money if not using it so, I did the swap myself to save me money and to learn how how to work on my own car including any major complications or failurs out on the road. I simply wanted to enjoy the car more especially on a long road trips. When I purchased the car it had no drivetrain due to a engine fire. And yes, it would have cost me over 100k in used parts to bring it back to life. Instead I have between 30-40k in new parts giving me more hp (550), better mpg (23), overall better drivability. The car weighs 3200 Ibs making it a few hundred pounds lighter. I just returned from a 1600 mile trip through some colorado mountains with no issues and a joy to drive. I didn't do this to offend other lambo owners or be a poser. I'm just a guy that wanted to fulfill a childhood dream. I will be changing the air intake, the pics on line got out before I could finish the last details although my tuner guy said the engine bay is at perfect operating temp for the engine...the scoops serve their purpose. I notice on a few sites people begin to bash before getting/understanding the facts then afterwards think about it and retract their comments. Please ask any questions it's all explainable. Google "devil has a change of heart," for on line article. Have a blessed day.

I appreciate your first hand account, good for you! I'm not a fan of the swap but I could bea believer if I know your a badass who enjoys the car. Stay around and give us updates.

We want pics and videos of burn outs and girls, enjoy.

I purchased this car from someone after owning an all original diablo vt. After owning the vt for a while I didn't enjoy it has much I suppose due to many worries like it depreciating as mileage added up, parts becoming obsolete etc. Just seemed like I was waising money if not using it so, I did the swap myself to save me money and to learn how how to work on my own car including any major complications or failurs out on the road. I simply wanted to enjoy the car more especially on a long road trips. When I purchased the car it had no drivetrain due to a engine fire. And yes, it would have cost me over 100k in used parts to bring it back to life. Instead I have between 30-40k in new parts giving me more hp (550), better mpg (23), overall better drivability. The car weighs 3200 Ibs making it a few hundred pounds lighter. I just returned from a 1600 mile trip through some colorado mountains with no issues and a joy to drive. I didn't do this to offend other lambo owners or be a poser. I'm just a guy that wanted to fulfill a childhood dream. I will be changing the air intake, the pics on line got out before I could finish the last details although my tuner guy said the engine bay is at perfect operating temp for the engine...the scoops serve their purpose. I notice on a few sites people begin to bash before getting/understanding the facts then afterwards think about it and retract their comments. Please ask any questions it's all explainable. Google "devil has a change of heart," for on line article. Have a blessed day.

Perfect response and, more or less, exactly the story I was expecting to hear. Personally, I love what you've done and hope you continue enjoying it for years to come.