The Aventador SV Roadster

a007apl

That's fantastic, I am truly happy for you, you are most deserving :icon_thumleft:

I hope I could join you but it isn't looking good at my end, fingers crossed.

thanks brother, appreciate that!

my fingers are crossed for you!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out last night and got to drive it, incredible is all I can say. If only the roof came off.......

It's for sale?

Great spec - feel free to elaborate on incredible

The car is for sale. As far as incredible, it feels very different from my roadster. You can definitely feel the weight difference is the steering seems much more responsive and with the horsepower increase the car just feels like a rocket. The seats are typical for a SV, they are not very comfortable and may not be great for the long trips. But I love the rear wing in the giant SV on the rear fender. Probably the news part is the dash. It's like playing a video game and is nothing short of super cool graphics.

The car is for sale. As far as incredible, it feels very different from my roadster. You can definitely feel the weight difference is the steering seems much more responsive and with the horsepower increase the car just feels like a rocket. The seats are typical for a SV, they are not very comfortable and may not be great for the long trips. But I love the rear wing in the giant SV on the rear fender. Probably the news part is the dash. It's like playing a video game and is nothing short of super cool graphics.

So did you get your order number yet from the LOOM? :icon_thumleft:

dam! so would you get the comfort option seats?

dam! so would you get the comfort option seats?

Absolutely! I sold my Performante for that very reason. My wife has never told me what to do with my cars......But One 2 hour ride in the car and she said, these seats suck.

Scotty

Naples does not have it listed.

Agree it's a great looking SV won't last long.

]

It just came in on Friday afternoon and we had a huge Tesla event there on Saturday. So the guys were tied up. Should make the website by Tuesday.

Googled SV - Blu Sideris seems a lot darker than I thought after seeing a video in real life but it was cloudy.

The Ad Personam is under a ton of light with silver and light interior - opposite of the SV.

Hate this spec crap!

Googled SV - Blu Sideris seems a lot darker than I thought after seeing a video in real life but it was cloudy.

The Ad Personam is under a ton of light with silver and light interior - opposite of the SV.

Hate this spec crap!

Forgot to leave the poor skills video - hoping it's Blu Sideris matte RB seems a lot safer / classic.

• 2 weeks later...

0:37 he says that all 500 units of SV R are sold out...

Thanks for sharing.

Aventador has it's role and Huracan has it's own - smart move to further distinguish the two models.

Hoping SV R&D offers a race exhaust but with all units sold the bean counters may have turned off the faucet.

Showroom lighting isn't the greatest for pictures, but here's the SV in black. Comfort seats a must in my opinion, if you're looking for a driver.

IMG_0745.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

The bad news

I dropped in to my dealer yesterday and enquired to how the SV roadster allocation was going. At that point his response was, upon reflection, a classic example of managing expectations. I was told that they still didn’t know yet. I was then given a potted explanation of how it works which goes like this. There are significantly more deposits taken than there are cars being built. When this happens Lamborghini look at all the names and decide those that they want to supply. These include high profile customers, low profile but corporately important customers, historical multiple car buyers, super wealthy customers etc. The remaining numbers are then split between the identified markets. Lamborghini know where the cars sell and where they don’t. The dealer networks then get the allocation for their country/ region. Thereafter it is up to the dealers to allocate. If their allocation equals their deposits everyone is happy. If there are more deposits than allocations then the dealer decides. His criteria are similar to the corporate criteria. Important customers, customers with previous purchase track records and the like get first priority. Unknown customers, known flippers, people that are just buying because it happens to be the latest trinket – they are last. There is a middle group. Known enthusiasts, occasional buyers and similar. This middle group is where I sit. I was told that they expected their allocation to be significantly lower than they deposits they have taken and to prepare to be disappointed. They probably would only have allocations enough to satisfy the top group. Confirmation will be this coming week or next but I got the message.

The good news

At this point he could see my disappointment from several moments earlier. I was then told that the dealership wanted me to have a car. I was told that the dealership considered me to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, enthusiast they had. How would I feel if they offered me a slot for a SV coupe? My instant reaction was yes of course but I preferred the roadster.

30 hours have passed and I have thought of little else. I reckon they must have had someone with deposits on coupe and roadster and they have told he/she they couldn’t have both and to decide between one or the other. Or perhaps they have a coupe cancellation. Don't know.

I have tried doing +/-/= comparative analysis between the cars on excel. Of course each is stronger than the other in different criteria. The end result is a score draw.

There is no point howling at the moon. Things are what they are and I choose to be happy with the cards I have been dealt.

Fingers crossed they make good on the SV coupe offer. And even if that doesn't transpire for whatever reason I am happy with the two cars I own.

A final thought - having put me through this mental internalisation process I reckon my head would spontaneously explode if they came back and gave me the choice between either.

darth sidious I feel for you my friend, I am going through the same, they asked for my full history, etc. which was sent to Lamborghini by the dealer, the only upside with me is that I bought and facilitated more than 15 cars through the current dealer, not all Lambos, I have a very good relationship with them so they are doing their absolute best to get me that allocation.

As you said at the end of the day if it doesn't work out I will be content with what I've got and with what's coming in the future.

I think the 50th participants should get priority :eusa_dance: