Murci Roadster hardtop

islandguy

Sometimes you come across something that just blows your mind. This is it. A Murci Roadster hardtop. Steve at Driven Exotics hand made a shell then used it to fabricate the forms, no expense spared. It will change the way you think about a roadster.

Murci_Hardtop1.jpg

Murci_Hardtop2.jpg

Murci_Hardtop3.jpg

Murci_Hardtop4.jpg

Murci_Hardtop5.jpg

Murci_Hardtop6.jpg

Murci_Hardtop7.jpg

Murci_Hardtop8.jpg

Murci_Hardtop9.jpg

Coming from Steve at D.E., I have no doubt of its quality and reliability. But the issue would be it cannot be stored in the car when taken off.

Coming from Steve at D.E., I have no doubt of its quality and reliability. But the issue would be it cannot be stored in the car when taken off.

Great piece, but I agree. No on the go use.

Beautiful! I think these work for specific purposes, long road trip then remove at your destination. Or turn a roadster into a coupe for lousy weather driving. Is he selling them, any pricing?

I think its awesome... sometimes a coupe would be great, like driving and parking in the city.... can still take off with the top off and put the soft top in the trunk if the weather turns shit

I few of us got together and tried to create a two-piece top back in 2010. We had a good design in mind and had fabricators willing to build it for us, but it was cost prohibitive, and we weren't for sure there was a large enough market at the price point we needed to come in at. I finally decided just to sell the car, as it sat more than it was driven, because I hated that freaking top.

Here’s a few more details on the hardtop.

First and foremost it's Carbon Fiber and light weight!

As stated in the other thread it’s a long story that started with a client that knew what he wanted at any cost. An outsourcing attempt failed so Steve did it himself. First in fiberglass then in Cf. The initial cost of the first pc including tooling was $100K. He’s in process making one now for another customer at half that. If there’s a lot of interest the price will continue to go down. (He approves of this message BTW, one of the most stand up guys you'll ever meet).

Feel free to PM me for more info.

First in fiberglass then in Cf. The initial cost of the first pc including tooling was $100K. He’s in process making one now for another customer at half that.

It's a great looking piece and a great concept. I've been in the fiberglass/composites industry most of my adult life and have built prototypes, tooling and parts one hundred times or more the size of that top. Believe me, if the first part cost $100k then someone is definitely doing something wrong.

It's a great looking piece and a great concept. I've been in the fiberglass/composites industry most of my adult life and have built prototypes, tooling and parts one hundred times or more the size of that top. Believe me, if the first part cost $100k then someone is definitely doing something wrong.

If they can get it to a good price per unit, maybe on a group buy it would be worth it.

Can't speak for him but I'll tell you that I saw multiple protos in person. Initial cost included every aspect to achieve the final unit including protos, a perfect fab required to make the tooling, tooling, First Articles, hardware, seals, etc., not to mention time and uplift :). Keep in mind the design had to be done from scratch. No patterns. That has to account for something. I think it came out great.

What do you think people would pay on a group buy, say 10 units? Simply curious as I have NO monetary affiliation, just trying to help out the community. + I'm looking for a Murci and will probably buy one myself.

I love the idea of it but the side view is just throwing it off for me. It's too low in the back compared to the actual top that comes with it. The stock top actually gives you more headroom where as this one seems to almost look like a chop top. For reference, here's what my stock top looks like on the car. You can see it goes up a bit more which, to me, makes it looks similar to the 'Turtle shell" look of the coupe.

topon.jpg

I think Steve's roof has a much nicer sleeker look to it, It does remind me of a Kegg. I have been tossing around the idea of a LP640 but would have never considered a roadster as I drive my cars everywhere and need a roof that is easy to take on and off. Now I'm interested in a roadster if we can get the cost of Steve's roof down to $20,000 or under!

I would be interested in a group buy if it was under 20k

I think Steve's roof has a much nicer sleeker look to it, It does remind me of a Kegg. I have been tossing around the idea of a LP640 but would have never considered a roadster as I drive my cars everywhere and need a roof that is easy to take on and off. Now I'm interested in a roadster if we can get the cost of Steve's roof down to $20,000 or under!

I would be interested in a group buy if it was under 20k

Anyone know about these guys?

http://www.rev-airaccessories.com

If you want to start a new thread about other companies roof's that don't work or have never been proven then go ahead!!!! Steve's roof is the only aftermarket roof that is real and works lol. Go ahead and buy this rev-air's $12,000 roof and see if you even get a product from them, if and when you do then please lets us know how you like it?

Do a search on Murci aftermarket roofs and you will see all the drama, promises, lies, and fraud.

I do not have a rev-air roof or Steve's roof but many people on this forum have done business with Steve and I bet zero have had a positive experience with any other aftermarket Murci roof company. That's my 2 cents lol

I like it and it looks good. Not as good as an Aventador Roadster or the Diablo Roaster but still good. Hope it succeeds!

If you want to start a new thread about other companies roof's that don't work or have never been proven then go ahead!!!! Steve's roof is the only aftermarket roof that is real and works lol. Go ahead and buy this rev-air's $12,000 roof and see if you even get a product from them, if and when you do then please lets us know how you like it?

Do a search on Murci aftermarket roofs and you will see all the drama, promises, lies, and fraud.

I do not have a rev-air roof or Steve's roof but many people on this forum have done business with Steve and I bet zero have had a positive experience with any other aftermarket Murci roof company. That's my 2 cents lol

Thanks for the heads-up

If I was in the market, I'd check this out in person, witness the fitment and quality of the parts. I'd then fit the part to my car at their facility and conduct a cash and carry transaction.

Otherwise forget it.