Financing Qs??pre purchase??

Desertpre

Hey new to the group, and have a couple questions, I'm starting to get serious about purchasing a lamborghinis....I'm planning on financing it, with something like 5g down (I hope lol) my question is what can I expect payment wise? Insurance rates? If any of you have been through the ropes let me know, I'm figuring this out on my own and would appreciate any help. Also, what's considerd high miles? Also what are the go-to things to check out first before buying one these exotics? Drop a line if you can, thanks! looking to buy used around 165kcap.

Hey new to the group, and have a couple questions, I'm starting to get serious about purchasing a lamborghinis....I'm planning on financing it, with something like 5g down (I hope lol) my question is what can I expect payment wise? Insurance rates? If any of you have been through the ropes let me know, I'm figuring this out on my own and would appreciate any help. Also, what's considerd high miles? Also what are the go-to things to check out first before buying one these exotics? Drop a line if you can, thanks! looking to buy used around 165kcap.

@160k financed on a used car @5% you're looking at probably what $4k per month on a 3 year note. If you're young probably $3k per year to insure. High miles is relative. Drop points are usually every 5k miles then after 10k it's already considered high miles. Maintenance is a few k per year, as is depreciation.

These cars are expensive to buy and expensive to own. Be careful what you get yourself into. Many people buy and dump for that reason. Good luck. Just assume owning a year and dumping will cost you 20-50k

@160k financed on a used car @5% you're looking at probably what $4k per month on a 3 year note. If you're young probably $3k per year to insure. High miles is relative. Drop points are usually every 5k miles then after 10k it's already considered high miles. Maintenance is a few k per year, as is depreciation.

These cars are expensive to buy and expensive to own. Be careful what you get yourself into. Many people buy and dump for that reason. Good luck. Just assume owning a year and dumping will cost you 20-50k

I wanna borrow money at your bank! 160k financed for 36 months.... 36 x 4k = 144k paid back! This must be part of Obamas Automobile forgiveness plan! You only pay back a portion of what you owe... and no interest fees! WOOHOOOO sign my ass up!

I wanna borrow money at your bank! 160k financed for 36 months.... 36 x 4k = 144k paid back! This must be part of Obamas Automobile forgiveness plan! You only pay back a portion of what you owe... and no interest fees! WOOHOOOO sign my ass up!

It was a head calculation while I was drinking the 36oz beer. I'm just trying to help this guy rethink his decision.

:iamwithstupid: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

If you're "hoping" to put $5k down then I think $160 is way too much car for you...it'd be better to put that $5k into something that'll make you money or take half of it, rent one for the day to see if it's livable, and spend the other half traveling to fun place. Or save the $5k. You're looking at payments in the same neighborhood monthly as your initial down payment. I don't know you're finical situation, but typically when people make down payment that's from some saved up income so they can make monthly payments around 1/8th the initial down payment.

It's your choice and best of luck to you, but don't jeopardize your fiances for the sake of a toy.

My 2 Cents.

I can't get 3% down payments on appreciating, income producing assets in this price range. If he can get a car financed for $165k with $5k down then I'm doing something completely wrong in life.

That wouldn't cover 1/3 of the tax and license here in CA. :lol2:

I'm really hoping he meant $50k down and just missed a keystroke.

I have no idea what the OP's financial situation is but if I was bringing "I hope" 5 grand to the table I would be looking to finance a Honda Civic not a Lamborghini.

Www.bankrate.com

You will find your financing answers to all of your questions there.

You guys are being trolled. This bozo thinks he's going to walk off with a used lambo for $5k down lol. No bank in the world will finance a car over $40k with only $5k down, doesn't matter the interest rate or the terms. This baller on a budget should look at used 3 series and not used lambos.

You guys are being trolled. This bozo thinks he's going to walk off with a used lambo for $5k down lol. No bank in the world will finance a car over $40k with only $5k down, doesn't matter the interest rate or the terms. This baller on a budget should look at used 3 series and not used lambos.

We've seen all scenarios. I'm just trying to help

Will the 5k deposit be split on a few credit cards?
You NEVER cease to amaze!

BRILLIANT!!!

(wish I'd thought of that)

come on folks....let the man live his dreams. Honestly if he has no kids or family then it does not matter but if he has familial responsibilities then I would strongly discourage the buyer from over extending himself for a toy...will make ownership painful and the car will quickly become a burden.