E-Gear Problems

sprite

Accumulator or actuator? Cuz the actuator costs about $5k.

Accumulator (storage tank for the e-gear).

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/lamborgh...3484/086325141A

Good news is my car appears to be fixed now, bad news I'm waiting on some high-flow primary cats from iPE so I can get some benefit from having my engine out.

Lamborghini%20-%20LP%20640%20iPE%20exhaust%20cat%20pipe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, just adding a somewhat related question. What do you do if it goes into neutral at speed, like 50 MPH or so? I think I hit both puddles once accidentally, shooting it into neutral at speed. I was afraid to hit the up paddle right away to get back in gear, thinking it would throw it into 1st at speed. But maybe it would just select the correct gear, such as 2nd or 3rd instead of 1st?

It will automatically select the right gear when you throw it into neutral by either up shifting or down shifting. I sometimes throw the car into neutral at speed when I approach a red light in the distance. If it goes green you can either pull the up or down paddle and it will go back into 3 or 4th gear or whatever appropriate.

Looks amazing! best of luck...

what in total needed to be done, someone mentioned my car (Kris' old one) had similar problem that was fixed, I have bills totaling around 15k...

Looks amazing! best of luck...

what in total needed to be done, someone mentioned my car (Kris' old one) had similar problem that was fixed, I have bills totaling around 15k...

I did a full service on the car, all fluids, new tires, new battery, etc.

The e-gear issue itself came out to $11,125 on the service bill. I also had a bad motor on one of the batwings which was $1,240. Total service bill was just under $20k.

Not sure if it does anything or just makes me happy but I always open the door regularly when the car is in storage or sitting for awhile and let the e gear system pump up. I think letting anything sit without use is bad. I also regularly open and close the bat wings and use the front lift when driving the car.

No issues so far on 2 murcies and a gallardo Spyder

Not sure if it does anything or just makes me happy but I always open the door regularly when the car is in storage or sitting for awhile and let the e gear system pump up. I think letting anything sit without use is bad. I also regularly open and close the bat wings and use the front lift when driving the car.

No issues so far on 2 murcies and a gallardo Spyder

When you open the car doors, the pump or humming sound that you hear from the engine compartment for about 3-5 seconds, is that the egear system?

• 2 weeks later...
When you open the car doors, the pump or humming sound that you hear from the engine compartment for about 3-5 seconds, is that the egear system?

Yes. E-gear priming I believe.

Yeah. I don't have any facts to back it up but I feel keeping it pressurized and working while stored is probably a good thing