Track monster is finally here

Leadfoot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That back seat is unusable. What about the i8? Silly fast, points for being a hybrid, looks like a space ship and I've actually had my kids in the rear seat and out and about in it. Plus is comes in a cool blue like the Viper above!

I am starting to hate my i8. It's annoying in far too many ways.

I am starting to hate my i8. It's annoying in far too many ways.

I didn't want to keep spamming this thread as I want to hear more about the ACR and I know LABrit does too. We're both big fans of it.

LEADFOOT, what's your opinion of this vs the previous gen viper? It this worth $70k more than an old one w say 5k miles?

I didn't want to keep spamming this thread as I want to hear more about the ACR and I know LABrit does too. We're both big fans of it.

LEADFOOT, what's your opinion of this vs the previous gen viper? It this worth $70k more than an old one w say 5k miles?

It's way better than my 2010 ACR in every way: fit and finish, performance, interior, chassis stiffness, etc. I've now put 300 mi on it--IMO it's definitely worth the premium. I'm pretty sure there will not ever be a car like this again....

Just to demonstrate the level of quality of this Gen V ACR--here is a shot of the door panel. In my eyes it looks just as good as the 2014 GT3 interior

image.jpeg

I've seen the viper and the z07 (not Leadfoots) in person and I was impressed with just how much the domestics have stepped up their interior game.

I'm very tempted to order one.

LEADFOOT - more pics and more info in your next review please...and make it snappy! :P

I've now put 300 mi on it--IMO it's definitely worth the premium. I'm pretty sure there will not ever be a car like this again....

Congrats on the purchase, shes a beauty. I'd have to agree with you... if this is the end of the Viper, we may never see a big motor, light-weight, 3 pedal, track machine again. You're a lucky guy to own the finest example of this layout ever built!

Congratulations! I have been considering this...I feel the price is fair with the mods...What do you guys think?

Link:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5326076517.html

Brakes are the only mod adding any $$$ to the sale of that car. Also the wheels that come with the car aren't the ones shown in the photos (unless the description is wrong).

It's an ok buy at $80k, but not a super deal.

Incredible car and a really cool color. I would love to get a ride sometime to check out the comfort (lack thereof) of the suspension. Very curious if this could be daily driven.

Incredible car and a really cool color. I would love to get a ride sometime to check out the comfort (lack thereof) of the suspension. Very curious if this could be daily driven.

My 14 SRT (basically the same as the ACR minus the handling/wing ) On my car i put high flow cats. Its loud. Problem with Vipers is the exhaust sits right by your ear when driving.. For a daily driver its a little too much. I love the viper's handling and interior is solid. Only issue i have is cabin space. Its VERY VERY tight. the pedals are too close.

one person on the Viper forum put its best...

A Z0-6 is a street car trying to be a race car , a viper is a race car trying to be a street car.

I am going to be selling mine soon. Might get a 12+ GTR A12 power or a new Z0-6.. Few bolt ons and its a solid low 10sec car.

Brakes are the only mod adding any $$$ to the sale of that car. Also the wheels that come with the car aren't the ones shown in the photos (unless the description is wrong).

It's an ok buy at $80k, but not a super deal.

What do you feel is a good deal on the car?

Entertaining read!

Honestly it was pretty lame IMO. It didn't really talk about the car beyond what anyone could figure out without reading the article. He didn't really go into how it drove in snow, rain, handled on the road, how comfortable or uncomfortable it was, how fast the gas gauge bottomed out, the fit and finish, the size of the cockpit and the storage compartment (considering it was a road trip).

Really as someone looking to buy one it tells you stuff you already know, the car is fast, can take curves faster than the posted limit, attracts attention.

Honestly it was pretty lame IMO. It didn't really talk about the car beyond what anyone could figure out without reading the article. He didn't really go into how it drove in snow, rain, handled on the road, how comfortable or uncomfortable it was, how fast the gas gauge bottomed out, the fit and finish, the size of the cockpit and the storage compartment (considering it was a road trip).

Really as someone looking to buy one it tells you stuff you already know, the car is fast, can take curves faster than the posted limit, attracts attention.

Haha, when are you going to be driving in snow Raj?? He did say snow would be a no-no. And he mentioned the rain ESC setting and that it performed much better than expected. Fit is going to be a personal opinion, just like people with the SV on here. My old viper I found super comfortable. On track I've heard the gas won't last more than 2 sessions. On the street, I wouldn't expect more than 200 miles on a tank.

But really I think the point of the article was to prove it's not just a track car. Although I'm sure there are sure one sacrifices. Honestly, if I got one, it would hardly ever see the track, so the street factors you mention are important to me too. But after owning a 97 Viper and the Diablo, I'd be shocked if the ACR was less streetable lol. Seems like a street set of wheels and tires would be smart since the ACR khumos apparently have a shost life.

Hopefully Lead foot and others will chime in with that kind of info once they get more seat time.

What do you feel is a good deal on the car?

Here is my take:

The wheels shown on the car are the much preferred design, but not what is included. If you want those, it will likely add a couple grand on the back side. I would just have them factor those in from the start, or figure out what it cost to buy them aftermarket and deduct that cost. The wheels it comes with are a hard sell for more than the value of the rubber.

Aftermarket parts:

Intake and tuned ecu are essentially worthless.

All the carbon stuff is kinda up to you. They put on a carbon hood that just matches the SRT 6 vent hood. This makes it essentially no different from a stock car with that optioned hood. The side skirts and other parts are really subjective, but IMO do't add a ton of value.

The front brakes are cool, but at the same time unnecessary unless you are REALLY tracking the car super hard. The stock brakes are phenomenal to begin with so it's neat, but unnecessary.

Sub 5k mile 2013-2014 cars can be seen for sale sub $75k with the 6 vent hood and sidewinder wheels pretty regularly (I see 5 in a quick search right now). I'm pretty sure VegasGTR was low 70's into his 2014 as well which has the factory carbon aero package (a big perk imo)

Also the seat color IMO hurts the value. The Gen 2 cars were available with the cognac interior which to this day makes them pretty hard to sell. People like black (or a reasonably dark color) interior in these cars across the board.

Based on the original window sticker being only $115k (pre discount/voucher era), this was not a heavily optioned car, pretty much near a base model. If you like the car (assuming they include the sidewinder wheels) $75k is the top dollar I would pay for it if you really like it exactly the way it is. At $70-72k it's a pretty solid deal.

Here is my take:

The wheels shown on the car are the much preferred design, but not what is included. If you want those, it will likely add a couple grand on the back side. I would just have them factor those in from the start, or figure out what it cost to buy them aftermarket and deduct that cost. The wheels it comes with are a hard sell for more than the value of the rubber.

Aftermarket parts:

Intake and tuned ecu are essentially worthless.

All the carbon stuff is kinda up to you. They put on a carbon hood that just matches the SRT 6 vent hood. This makes it essentially no different from a stock car with that optioned hood. The side skirts and other parts are really subjective, but IMO do't add a ton of value.

The front brakes are cool, but at the same time unnecessary unless you are REALLY tracking the car super hard. The stock brakes are phenomenal to begin with so it's neat, but unnecessary.

Sub 5k mile 2013-2014 cars can be seen for sale sub $75k with the 6 vent hood and sidewinder wheels pretty regularly (I see 5 in a quick search right now). I'm pretty sure VegasGTR was low 70's into his 2014 as well which has the factory carbon aero package (a big perk imo)

Also the seat color IMO hurts the value. The Gen 2 cars were available with the cognac interior which to this day makes them pretty hard to sell. People like black (or a reasonably dark color) interior in these cars across the board.

Based on the original window sticker being only $115k (pre discount/voucher era), this was not a heavily optioned car, pretty much near a base model. If you like the car (assuming they include the sidewinder wheels) $75k is the top dollar I would pay for it if you really like it exactly the way it is. At $70-72k it's a pretty solid deal.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to inform me more on these cars and values! I will take a look online to view some with the factory ear package.

It's been raining here the last few days so I don't have any additional seat time. I will update everyone as soon as I do. I don't find the ACR much worse than the SV on the street--on bigger bumps it definitely jumps more, but not unbearable.