Top Gear

eddiemc2

I don't think they rocked the boat, I do think they rehashed some jokes and lots of people moaning but I found it just as silly and more informative than the last series.

People on social media bashing the BBC but they had their hand forced and made the best of a bad situation.

The web episode was reasonable to.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing new and rehashed jokes without the punch line. The only thing the Reliant bits ever had going for them was Clarkson rolling them over everywhere. The whole episode was recycled ideas that were half assed and lacked substance. Not horrible, but vast room for improvement.

It's out finally? Do you know where someone in the US can watch it? Last I saw, the BBC site that does feature shows is limited UK citizens only. :/

You can watch it using a vpn and then logging onto the BBC TV iplayer. Weird Doppleganger version of the old show, felt stale and forced. Surprisingly Le Blanc wasn't the weak point. The US vs UK theme got very tedious.

I used Tunnelbear and selected the UK option.

I called it after watching the promo. The new TG is like a bad tribute act. BBC didn't have its hand forced. It made a decision. Play it safe and rework the old formula using mainstream talent. Or re boot/ Get some great writers (England has a crazy pool of brilliant writers to pick from) and get some up and coming interesting and hilarious talent (again, an embrasement of riches on London alone). BBC didn't gamble and lost. This TG won' last long, you can only watch a bad covers band for so long before you walk out.

You can watch it using a vpn and then logging onto the BBC TV iplayer. Weird Doppleganger version of the old show, felt stale and forced. Surprisingly Le Blanc wasn't the weak point. The US vs UK theme got very tedious.

I used Tunnelbear and selected the UK option.

I called it after watching the promo. The new TG is like a bad tribute act. BBC didn't have its hand forced. It made a decision. Play it safe and rework the old formula using mainstream talent. Or re boot/ Get some great writers (England has a crazy pool of brilliant writers to pick from) and get some up and coming interesting and hilarious talent (again, an embrasement of riches on London alone). BBC didn't gamble and lost. This TG won' last long, you can only watch a bad covers band for so long before you walk out.

The biggest change was no news segment and they reworked the reasonably priced car segment into a rallycross circuit with an underpowered Mini and then they put Jesse Eisenberg in the car who is a apparently even less talented as a driver than an actor.

gLA said just how it is. Matt LeBlank in Ariel Nomad was only thing positive in this. And I dont mean the end part, I mean the start of the segment where he just drove the car alone and was having fun with it on the road.

Imho if you need all the bells and whistles on the 1 segment of new show you are in deep turd.

It seems like they really think people is bored with cars so they try to pile things on top of them while it's only distracting and none are needed. And why have quest who is not interested of how he drove, what was his laptime etc...

Zero chemistry and awful delivery of lines imo. Evans is trying too hard and acts really awkward with the audience, LeBlanc doesn't seem to try at all.

With the old crew the script and jokes felt natural for the characters, now it just feels forced. Especially since much of Evans' is written like they would for Clarkson.

I don't think I've watched anything as awkward in a very long time, that Evans guy is laughable, unwatchable, they should've made his character original not a Clarkson impersonator.

I don't think I've watched anything as awkward in a very long time, that Evans guy is laughable, unwatchable, they should've made his character original not a Clarkson impersonator.

True.

!!SPOILERS!!

Why need guns on top of the car, which then are not used even. And whole episode was USA vs UK which felt very forced theme.

They are making multimillion car show why the fcuk they cant understand that we are interested in the cars no need for all that extra hassle.

I would rather see Matt LeBlank driving balls out a cool car, giving his spontaneous words on nice location and filmed expertly.

post-20201-1464651669_thumb.png

I turned it off when they started with the 3 wheeled cars, I'll buzz through the rest later on the DVR.... the show is done without Jeremy and crew, how can they not understand this?

any torrent available¿¿? im in the amazon and altough lucky to still have internet service its way too slor for streaming...

TIA

any torrent available¿¿? im in the amazon and altough lucky to still have internet service its way too slor for streaming...

TIA

Here!

Early days; you can bet the BBC will be scouring the social networking sites for comment & feedback.

It could have been worse. I'm dreading Eddie Jordan's arrival...

Extra Gear on BBC3 was better - but that's not any real endorsement as it would have been very difficult to be any worse than the Evans/LeBlanc Top Gear.

For non UK residents, BBC3 is an Internet only channel available on iPlayer. I am sure some of you know ways to circumvent the firewalls for iPlayer access.

I know there is not much love for him on here but I thought Chris Harris was good. At least he actually talked about cars in a meaningful manner.

:D Yeah, why is he yelling all the time? :D I noticed that too.

Think about Napoleon syndrome multiplied with red hair syndrome.

And just being an annoying yelling wanker on top of that.

Downloaded and watched last night. To be 100% honest I was PLEASANTLY surprised. First let me say the wife walked in and said "who is that and why is he yelling" in reference to Evans. Agree 100% that he was too loud but everyone in the studio was...even the audience. I think the sound engineers just didn't get that right.

To mis-quote Bon Jovi "only the names will change stay the same" To everyone of you out their complain that it wasn't old Top Gear....IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE. Same name new show...get used to it. Also for all of you out there comparing New Top Gear's first episode to Old Top Gear's final seasons come on. You can't do that and you know it.

On to the actual show. I thought the cinematography was great. I really enjoyed the shots of the hill climb with the Jeep vs Land Rover and following the guys in their Robin's was familiar without being a direct copy of old Top Gear.

The Reliant and Jeep/Land Rover sketches were fun. Matt really did a good job embracing a "Yank in the UK" feel without going overboard. Viper vs POS could have used way more Sabine but I am a big Sabine fan. Some of the scripting was cheesy but this isn't a straight documentary about cars it is more of a reality show so some of that is to be expected. I didn't mind Evans losing control of the Viper just after talking about the wing...it was actually quite funny and remind me of Jezza trying his hardest to hit the apple on the track with his Black Series MB. I CAN DO THAT...up until you can't actually do it.

The guests were hit or miss but as someone else said it was supposed to be Pitt and Ramsey. It will get better with time. I do like the rally cross idea and think it is a great way to separate New Top Gear from Old Top Gear. I am disappointed that the car appears to be A an auto and B have AWD. This should be a blast in the typically atrocious British weather they have though.

It was very weird to hear the familiar Top Gear opening sound track at the beginning and I think it will be even weirder to see our 3 friends on Amazon without that music. That hit home for a me a bit.

Matt was awesome. I didn't hold out much hope for Joey but I thought he crushed it. Ease to relate to...great narration of his bits, approachable on camera and a joy to watch.

Now on to the bad. Chris. Evans. What a clown. He looks ridiculous...sounds ridiculous...acts ridiculous. Maybe it is a UK thing but I just don't like him at all. He has a face you want to punch. Honestly his clothing tastes were very ill suited for him. He reminds me of Andre from The League. He is the total dork who got money and proceeds to buy what the cool kids wear thinking it is the clothes that make them cool and not them that make the clothes cool. He looks like a tool and it doesn't help that his voice is annoying. Was he really a radio personality?

All that being said I can't wait to watch next week. Hopefully the audience speaks and Matt gets elevated a bit and Chris and his supposedly large ego get knocked down a peg or two.

I happened to be hanging out with a handful of fellow car guys (who all watched the "old" top gear) when this came on BBC america, we all were glued to the TV for the first 10 minutes then we got up and started playing pool... that should tell you everything right there.