2010 Bentley Supersports OR Gen V Viper

Chipster

Supersports or Viper  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you choose?

• 2010 Bentley Supersports
    • 2016 Viper ACR base OR 2014 Viper TA
  2. 2. Which option do you think will hold value better?

• 2016 Viper ACR base OR 2014 Viper TA
  3. 3. Which vehicle requires more sunscreen when driving?

• 2016 Viper ACR base or 2014 Viper TA

Bentley is boring, don't do it.

:iamwithstupid:

They kinda have that "I borrowed my Dad's car vibe" going on. I used to get that all the time in my SC400 in the mid 90's.

And you are not going sit and stare it with a cocktail at night either.

As VCR stated it's another example of VW trying to razor blade out another tiny niche market from an existing platform. The W12 engines sit across the front axle to incorporate the 4 wheel system they use, it's never going to handle. Bentley's are complicated and expensive to fix too.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the SuperSports and even at that the ACR would be the one to get!

Thanks Rob. I think either would be great. I would wait til spring at least so I have some time to check them out in person

:iamwithstupid:

They kinda have that "I borrowed my Dad's car vibe" going on. I used to get that all the time in my SC400 in the mid 90's.

And you are not going sit and stare it with a cocktail at night either.

As VCR stated it's another example of VW trying to razor blade out another tiny niche market from an existing platform. The W12 engines sit across the front axle to incorporate the 4 wheel system they use, it's never going to handle. Bentley's are complicated and expensive to fix too.

Haha, that's true. I'm sure the Bentley isn't usually driven by early 30s people. I can't imagine them being more expensive that the Diablo for maintenance though. I do know the SS is much more on insurance than a Viper...through Geico at least.

Supersport is my ultimate favorite Bentley and is a killer deal for how much they are selling for. You can daily drive that car year round. It has Veyron seats. Add downpipes, along with a tune and the car becomes a monster.

However, ACR wins because it is bat shit insane.

In other news, my '00 Viper is catless with a MOPAR exhaust and it is scary loud. Like drown out a Diablo/Murci with straight pipes loud. Now I have an '00, so it's a smaller motor, longer exhaust and nowhere near as aggressive looking as the GenV ACR. A new ACR with this noise would draw a crowd away from any other car, aside from the $1M+ hypercars.

To be honest, I do like a good sounding exhaust but I've asset the crazy phase with loud I think. Even the way some people are saying how lod the Gen V is with a corsa and test pipes worries me. And I had belangers, random tech cats, and a corsa on my 97. I need to check out some exhausts in person. I think there is a fairly local guy with Agency Power exhaust too.

I seem to recall reading some where that you wanted the next car to be a fun car too. I think the Bentley is the wrong car for that. If you wanted a The SS for a sporty cruiser I would say get it. But if you want it for a fun car, its wrong. Go back to the Gallardo if you want a car you wont loose money on.

Normal new street Viper GTS = win. You dont need the heavy weight of Bentley nor all the crazy looking wings and harsh track stuff of the ACR.

Apples and bowling balls

Viper

Just can't see you in the Bentley.

(Having met you once a few years ago)

Definitely sounding like a consensus haha

Rarity definitely has a strong appeal to me too. I never see any Bentleys around where I live. Viper isn't exactly common either but there are some around.

Looks great in pictures but in real life not so much, i would strongly recommend seeing one in person before committing.

Either way, I have to assume that car will be 250k +? Which is well out of my price range and even if I could afford that there would be clear other choices for me. I do like the looks though.

We've already chatted so you know I that enjoy my 4-seater SS, but they're not Lambos. I know nothing about Vipers, but all the Viper guys I know ALWAYS want to or end up with a Lambo.

Tough choices, but I think you should get the Bentley just to get that bug out of you. If you get a Viper, then you'll always think about that Bentley.

I really like the SS but you are looking for a special occasion car that you drive maybe twice a week. The Bentley is a fun everyday car, not a toy. The Viper is certainly more fun.

Just to throw it out there, a car that blends the best of both those cars and imo can do everything each of them can do is a 911 Turbo.

We've already chatted so you know I that enjoy my 4-seater SS, but they're not Lambos. I know nothing about Vipers, but all the Viper guys I know ALWAYS want to or end up with a Lambo.

Tough choices, but I think you should get the Bentley just to get that bug out of you. If you get a Viper, then you'll always think about that Bentley.

Thanks Andy! I think either choice wouldn't be bad to try out for at least a little while.

I really like the SS but you are looking for a special occasion car that you drive maybe twice a week. The Bentley is a fun everyday car, not a toy. The Viper is certainly more fun.

Just to throw it out there, a car that blends the best of both those cars and imo can do everything each of them can do is a 911 Turbo.

It's doesn't necessarily need to be a special occasion car. The thing with the Diablo is that it is such an event to drive. It wasn't something I could just hop in and drive with no worries. I have my Tundra so I am happy with that for a daily but the Viper or Bentley would definitely get driven.

A friend's dad's 69 911 was one of the main reasons I got into cars. And as much as I want to love them and as great as I think they perform and look pretty good on the outside, the inside and seating position has just never done anything for me.

I have looked a lot at R8s, Gran Turismos, and Astons. If I got an R8, I have a feeling I would just be disappointed it's not a gallardo. Gran Turismos I think would feel underwhelming on power. A Vantage V12 I find appealing but I don't hear good things on reliability or value.

Go and test drive a late model Gallardo.

I think I'd really want a manual Gallardo if I went that route though. But I should check them out either way

I think I'd really want a manual Gallardo if I went that route though. But I should check them out either way

Check them out you won't regret it.

Did you see the orange one for sale here? That car is hot!

Yeah but it's all based on when the Diablo sells. It's a good looking car though!

Looks hot! I like white but more so if there is a contrast interior. You can do red laguna but that adds $. I'd be more interested in a 1 of 1 I think. It surely blows away the vettte

Looks great in pictures but in real life not so much, i would strongly recommend seeing one in person before committing.

I'll certainly take your advise. Quietly preparing myself to be disappointed.

Get the supersport, I've spent a lot of seat time in one and absolutely loved it. If you buy it right and decide you don't like it after a few months you won't lose anything.

Or a Gallardo.