The "Throw the dog a bone" thread

Roman

Honestly after the 50th and SV, the Aventador J just doesn't look good to me any more.

The 50th and SV were born thanks to the J. That's where they took most of the designs and remake them to create the mentioned models. But yeah the 50th and SV are basically production versions with more sophisticated look

Right. I like the more flushed out execution of the concept in the 50th and SV than the J. Much how I kinda liked the Reventon when it debuted, but once the Aventador came out the Reventon felt way too blocky.

I love that Lambo does these "1 offs," it lets the designers be creative, the customers get a special design exercise art car, the brand get some PR and a lot of cash to invest in R&D to keep making awesome "regular"cars. It's a win all the way around.

Let me translate into roman:

"Blah blah blah blah, wing, blah blah blah"

Can the non sv have a wing?

And who is going to volunteer to let my formerly fat ass try on your car for size?

I know, I know... "You drive a countach, you'll be fine!!!!" And then I sat in sheldons murcie and thought it was about the least comfortable thing Ive ever been in... And I flew Freddie Laker to London once...

I'm 6'-3" 235lbs. (save the comments) and I had an Aventador roadster. I fit just fine with the roof on or off. Plenty of room in the seats as well. I had to sell it for other physiological reasons. ( Neck and shoulder, and not only am I fat, but broken as well)

I had to sell it for other physiological reasons. ( Neck and shoulder, and not only am I fat, but broken as well)

I thought you were doing better and that is why you got the Mac awhile back. Sorry to hear this!

I thought you were doing better and that is why you got the Mac awhile back. Sorry to hear this!

The Mac is far more comfortable than the Avey is. I have a nice car on order.... :eusa_dance:

Neck is better, I had shoulder replacement surgery January 25th.... FML

The Mac is far more comfortable than the Avey is. I have a nice car on order.... :eusa_dance:

Neck is better, I had shoulder replacement surgery January 25th.... FML

Hope you're feeling better man! I wouldn't call 6'3" 235 fat by any stretch, that's just being a big dude. :icon_thumleft:

I'm 6'5" 245lbs and I've driven the aventador and aventador roadster on a couple different occasions. For some reason, it feels like the non-roadster has more headroom and less of an issue with staring at the top of the windshield.

Side note: I can't drive a gallardo comfortably on the track as I don't fit in it with a helmet. Aventador - no problem. Also, seats - no problem.

Hope you're feeling better man! I wouldn't call 6'3" 235 fat by any stretch, that's just being a big dude. :icon_thumleft:

My new favorite LP member :icon_mrgreen:

I'm 6'5" 245lbs and I've driven the aventador and aventador roadster on a couple different occasions. For some reason, it feels like the non-roadster has more headroom and less of an issue with staring at the top of the windshield.

Side note: I can't drive a gallardo comfortably on the track as I don't fit in it with a helmet. Aventador - no problem. Also, seats - no problem.

We got the makings of a basketball team on here...I'm 6'6" and 193 pounds and I've driven a couple Aventador soupes and a Roadster. I felt fine and comfortable in both. Admittedly if the seat was an inch lower it'd be perfect, but as far as space goes you should be more than fine.

You wouldn't happen to be selling your countach would you Roman?

No

Ok. I just saw Roy get on in that looks identical to your car. Only reason I asked.

Nope. Not mine.

Ok. I just saw Roy get on in that looks identical to your car. Only reason I asked.

Nope. Not mine.

That car belonged to a member on F-Chat.

I received this in pm. The author wishes to remain anonymous. The info was more than outstanding.

The 1st iteration of the AV had the smaller, less attractive set of wheels (19/20" and came in black or silver only) and its suspension was rather jittery.

A larger & more attractive set of wheels (20"/21"Dione) was available and the suspension was revised/retuned to be more compliant. Roadster was introduced. Inside the front trunk, it has built-in mechanism to store and secure the removable roof panels. More carbon fibre bits for the exterior were available as options.

50th Anniversary coupe & roadster were introduced. These cars have a 20hp bump from the standard cars. The front & rear bumpers are different (but they are not made of carbon fibre) and for the side, the black band at the bottom is painted differently. Badging, of course, is different (LP-720-4 vs. LP700-4) and it's placed different too. There is also a "50th" badge and the cars are numbers.

More carbon fibre bits are now available for the interior. There is also a software upgrade for the exhaust which makes it more aggressive-sounding in Sports & Corsa mode. Some firmware updates on the ECU. Gun metal colour Dione wheels are now available and the finish for this colour is in matte finish (the black & silver versions are in gloss). More tweaks for the suspension. This one is not well-known to even the owners --- older cars have tiny grills on each side of the lower rear bumper beside that giant exhaust tip. By 2014, those grills are silently deleted. They serve no real purpose and can be added as an option for subsequent model year cars. (Sorry, I don't have pics on them.)

All Aventadors have wings, the standard & the 50th have built-in ones that deploy at higher speed (and retract at lower speed) whereas the SV has a permanent/fixed/visible wing. Earlier non-SV version wing cannot be manually overridden. By 2015, there is a switch that can deploy/retract the wing at will for North America-spec cars (Euro-spec cars had this from day 1 as depicted in the owner's manual). The roof panel of the roadster is now available in carbon fibre as is the engine X-brace.

The SV is claimed to be 50hp more (750) and 50kgs lighter. I am not sure about the latter as part of that 50kgs diet is from a car without radio, speakers, amps and navigation. Who would order a car without all those? (I found out the hard way when I went hardcore on my Gallardo Superleggera. No one wanted to buy the car without a stereo.) The power steering has been changed from hydraulic to electric. The suspension has been replaced by magneto-fluid type. The display on all Aventadors are TFT (no mechanical parts at all). The SV took away the bezel so everything appeared as one big giant screen. The original and the 50th cars have a bezel which "grouped" the display into pods. But it's more or less the same. The SV is available with one-piece center-locked wheels as oppose to "regular" 5-lug wheels on the standard and 50th car. The rear upper air intake is "fixed" via a pair of scoops (like the Countach except the SV's are made of carbon fibre); whereas the standard and 50th cars are "hidden" and fold out to take in air when needed (like the Murcielage except there is no manual override on the AV). The SV has revised front & rear bumpers (part of them are made with carbon fibre but not the entire piece) and the black band on the side is painted slightly different once again (lowered than the 50th cars). Different badges of course and along with the large or small "SV" decal.

As to the seats, since I have a 5000QV, I can tell you the exact differences between that, the standard/50th Avenatdor's "regular" seats and the SV's sports seats (I'd sat in 2 SV's and 1 SV roadster before, all with sports seats). I dare say the words ergonomics and lumbar support did not existed when the Countach seats were made. As you would concur, basically, the seats are like a scoop or a baseball glove. It has a thicker cushion for the lower back and that was basically it. Even when it "reclines", the entire seat merely pivots via moving a lever to the side; the back and the seat cushions cannot be moved separately. For the Aventador's standard seats, you basically have every movement possible and all are power operated. It even has air cushions that you can inflate with a push of a button. The only part that is not movable is the headrest as it is integrated. Where it gets dicey is that the side bolsters on the seat cushion are thick and high (i.e. compared to the CT's seats). So they may squeeze your hip and/or your upper leg/thigh. It would take time to get used to as compared to the CT's but it's not uncomfortable. Keep in mind also that the CT's seats are leather only whereas the Aventador's seats can be leather or Alcantara or a mixture of both. Alcantara will definitely "grip" you more than leather. The "sports seats" on the SV are a different animal altogether. Fundamentally, they are hard-surface bucket-seats with padding inserted on where your body comes into contact with the seats. Like the CT's seats, they are one-piece design and they do not recline at all. The padding itself is neither soft not thick so essentially, you would feel like you are sitting on a hard surface after about 20minutes. Based on my experiences on the Superleggera seats (the actual Euro-spec one, not the "Americanized" heavy-padded one as on the original Super-G; subsequently, the LP570-SL used the Euro-seats too) and the time spent on the SV seats, the one deciding factor on comfort and acceptance would be the length of one's torso. It's not the overall height or the length of one's legs but one's torso. Basically, the best fit would be someone who is 5'10" with medium-built. However, anyone under 6'3" but have a regular torso with long legs, that would be fine too. But if one has a long torso, the contour of the seat will cause discomfort and one would not fit well. Lastly, due to the removable roof panel and the strengthening of the A-pillars, the roadster does appear to have slightly (ever slightly) less headroom than a coupe but it's not a night & day difference. Moreover, with the roof panels removed, some prefer to wear a cap while driving. The tongue or flap of the cap may further impede some vision from the already raked and lowered windshield, particularly the very top of the windshield.