I did it - RWD & straight pipes on my 640.

Luxeous

Just got my car back from Mitch and Mark at Famous - MIND BLOWN. After driving the car fairly stock (I have LOC stage 2) for 2 years, this feels like a brand new car. It feels noticeably faster and more agile with the RWD conversion done. Power feels like it is delivered faster and with ease - it'll even kick out the rear in a very controllable way if you stab it.

I couldn't believe how much everything weighed as I loaded it all into my other car today, seriously what a diet now with just the titanium pieces (thanks Nick!), The primary cats are now gone too and it sounds the way I always wished it would. The best way to describe it is sound with more depth - almost similar to what my car sounded like before when going through a tunnel.

I was concerned after reading Jon's post about egears and rwd but I could not be happier, the car has performed flawlessly with it so far. If you are thinking about converting to RWD and/or straight pipes I can tell you unequivocally it's the best mods you can do to your Murci. Seriously, I am still smiling from ear to ear after driving it today.

Just got my car back from Mitch and Mark at Famous - MIND BLOWN. After driving the car fairly stock (I have LOC stage 2) for 2 years, this feels like a brand new car. It feels noticeably faster and more agile with the RWD conversion done. Power feels like it is delivered faster and with ease - it'll even kick out the rear in a very controllable way if you stab it.

I couldn't believe how much everything weighed as I loaded it all into my other car today, seriously what a diet now with just the titanium pieces (thanks Nick!), The primary cats are now gone too and it sounds the way I always wished it would. The best way to describe it is sound with more depth - almost similar to what my car sounded like before when going through a tunnel.

I was concerned after reading Jon's post about egears and rwd but I could not be happier, the car has performed flawlessly with it so far. If you are thinking about converting to RWD and/or straight pipes I can tell you unequivocally it's the best mods you can do to your Murci. Seriously, I am still smiling from ear to ear after driving it today.

Superb.

Love what Mitch delivers and is the nicest guy to boot.

Congrats on the re-born LP!

Sounds like it would be a lot of fun!

Couple of question:

1. Does it drone now with the free exhaust?

2. Did they give you how much weight you saved by doing the RWD? I think someone did it before, I can't remember.

3. Any dynos to show difference?

- Reason I ask, is since you've driven the car so long in its prior set up, does the now louder exhaust and RWD variant "make it exciting again" and make you think via placebo affect that it's faster or of higher performance. Not a dig on you, I'm genuinely curious, that's all.

That all being said, it's a good situation you have :) enjoy it!

Couple of question:

1. Does it drone now with the free exhaust?

2. Did they give you how much weight you saved by doing the RWD? I think someone did it before, I can't remember.

- Reason I ask, is since you've driven the car so long in its prior set up, does the now louder exhaust and RWD variant "make it exciting again" and make you think via placebo affect that it's faster or of higher performance. Not a dig on you, I'm genuinely curious, that's all.

Haha all good! I don't really notice any drone but it is definitely louder throughout the entire power curve. Even when cruising on the highway it's a bit louder. You can still have a conversation (even with the top off) but the sound is intoxicating.

I'm not sure on the weight, I think with both mods done I'm probably close to around 275ish? The car feels noticeably lighter when driving, even my wife commented on it when she drove us home today.

No dyno but I get what you're saying. I think the car is definitely faster on it's own but yes, I would guess that sound adds to the experience. The best way to explain the difference in driving it now is that it feels like the car isn't working so hard to put down the power. I was really nervous to do the RWD conversion with an egear but now I have to say I'm bummed I didn't do it sooner. :)

Haha all good! I don't really notice any drone but it is definitely louder throughout the entire power curve. Even when cruising on the highway it's a bit louder. You can still have a conversation (even with the top off) but the sound is intoxicating.

I'm not sure on the weight, I think with both mods done I'm probably close to around 275ish? The car feels noticeably lighter when driving, even my wife commented on it when she drove us home today.

No dyno but I get what you're saying. I think the car is definitely faster on it's own but yes, I would guess that sound adds to the experience. The best way to explain the difference in driving it now is that it feels like the car isn't working so hard to put down the power. I was really nervous to do the RWD conversion with an egear but now I have to say I'm bummed I didn't do it sooner. :)

s

You should be gaining to the rear wheels about what is lost through friction in it front diff and cv joints.

There seems to be an over abundance of "overly sensative" members as of late, so I figured I'd premise it somewhat neutrally, so I could ask my question ;)

In my experience and conversations I recall that for roughly every 11lbs dropped the feel is that of an additional 1 hp; someone correct me if I'm wrong, my memory isn't the best. So that would give you the "feel" of approximately 27 more horsepower on weight alone. a worthwhile modification in my opinion.

Glad to hear the drone isn't bad. Make sure to post up a video if you can, would be great to hear it!

Great to see that your car is done and you're enjoying the modifications!

Couple of question:

RWD conversion drops 150lbs off the car and makes it significantly faster from a roll.

The primary deletes make a noticeable power gain too (I did them separately on my '03 and primary deletes are currently being installed on my LP). So combining both would make the car feel totally different car.

Great to see that your car is done and you're enjoying the modifications!

RWD conversion drops 150lbs off the car and makes it significantly faster from a roll.

The primary deletes make a noticeable power gain too (I did them separately on my '03 and primary deletes are currently being installed on my LP). So combining both would make the car feel totally different car.

What are you going to do when it's time to smog?

I been thinking to make mine rwd alot lately.. Just worry about those so posts claiming that early cars would break something in the diff.

I been thinking to make mine rwd alot lately.. Just worry about those so posts claiming that early cars would break something in the diff.

don't

Of the dozens of RWD conversions I've sold and heard of, two cars have broken the rear diff. D.Wiggs didn't know of any other cars break besides those two. I have put tens of thousands of miles (not driving like miss daisy) on my RWD cars and haven't broken anything.

Anyone have any control issues with just RWD, meaning going into a corner fast and the rear end coming around?

On the old 360s and 430 Rari's I don't really worry about as they don't have shit for torque but the Murci is pretty strong.

Anyone have any control issues with just RWD, meaning going into a corner fast and the rear end coming around?

On the old 360s and 430 Rari's I don't really worry about as they don't have shit for torque but the Murci is pretty strong.

Only downfall to going RWD is the archaic traction control system Lambo has on the Murci. With a RWD conversion traction control has to be turned off or it will kick in and cut power all the way up to 4th gear. The rear end doesn't break loose from 3rd to 4th but traction control still kicks in and cuts off all power for 2 seconds - it gets annoying so you turn it off.

The rear end becomes extremely loose which gets scary sometimes especially when going 60+. Wish the Murci had a modern day TCS rather than its prehistoric system.

Overall the car is quicker and more enjoyable to drive, but the downfall is it becomes dangerous.

Only downfall to going RWD is the archaic traction control system Lambo has on the Murci. With a RWD conversion traction control has to be turned off or it will kick in and cut power all the way up to 4th gear. The rear end doesn't break loose from 3rd to 4th but traction control still kicks in and cuts off all power for 2 seconds - it gets annoying so you turn it off.

The rear end becomes extremely loose which gets scary sometimes especially when going 60+. Wish the Murci had a modern day TCS rather than its prehistoric system.

Overall the car is quicker and more enjoyable to drive, but the downfall is it becomes dangerous.

Anyone know if this type of mod could cause an insurance claim with the agreed valued classic car insurance companies to be denied?

I appreciate you have a couple of LP640's (i had a manual one too) but come on now -just because it's RWD with this mod and TC off doesn't mean it's dangerous! I turned off the TC in my LP640 each time i got in as it was worthless and cutting power all the time. I've had 4 other supercars all with 500hp + and most recently the Speciale with over 600hp with RWD and with TC off they're all fine. If your rear end is getting loose at 60mph you may want to check your tyre age along with pressure, alignment and suspension as that doesn't sound right at all...

I appreciate you have a couple of LP640's (i had a manual one too) but come on now -just because it's RWD with this mod and TC off doesn't mean it's dangerous! I turned off the TC in my LP640 each time i got in as it was worthless and cutting power all the time. I've had 4 other supercars all with 500hp + and most recently the Speciale with over 600hp with RWD and with TC off they're all fine. If your rear end is getting loose at 60mph you may want to check your tyre age along with pressure, alignment and suspension as that doesn't sound right at all...

I get what you're saying, I've had other RWD cars as well with no issues but these 640's handle differently. I'm pushing 700hp on both. Tires are new, drop and alignment were recently done. 1st gear at 40mph, if I stomp on it it'll break loose till the top of 1st (65mph). If it's cold outside it'll keep sliding for part of 2nd gear.

Mate that's the same on any high HP RWD car in first gear!

Should have seen my CGT on cold tyres - spun all the way up through third on half acceleration.

Do it, the issues were only on Egear cars anyways..

If you are breaking your rear loose in a corner you are either using wayyy to much acceleration with the amount of kink you have in the wheel, or you tapped the brakes in the corner and the rear swung around on you.. Usually in a lambo if you enter a corner too hot you will just push. regardless of AWD or RWD

Mate that's the same on any high HP RWD car in first gear!

Should have seen my CGT on cold tyres - spun all the way up through third on half acceleration.

:iamwithstupid: You can spin the rear tires in a 300hp mustang. That doesn't mean the rear is loose.