DIY: Crowd control for your Murci at car shows

Stimpy

If you like car events, you know some people can't control themselves around a Murci. I like having the doors up, but some people think that means it's their car to hop right in!

Here's my solution attached to the door latch and the front strut. I made my own graphics using images downloaded to be clear. Ties up in just a few seconds.

image.jpeg

If you like car events, you know some people can't control themselves around a Murci. I like having the doors up, but some people think that means it's their car to hop right in!

Here's my solution attached to the door latch and the front strut. I made my own graphics using images downloaded to be clear. Ties up in just a few seconds.

Very clever and nice. Let's see a closeup of what sign says

Clever.

The older I get the less I would be inclined to bring a car and display at a show. Just too many variables and stupid people. You are a better man than I.

The older I get the less I would be inclined to bring a car and display at a show. Just too many variables and stupid people.

Although not always the case, it seems (from my perspective) events in which people have to pay to attend draws a different crowd (sometimes more respective) than free shows.

Although not always the case, it seems (from my perspective) events in which people have to pay to attend draws a different crowd (sometimes more respective) than free shows.

free shows you will need someone to read the sign to the attendees and then explain it

Here's a hi res one that you can print out yourself on thick car paper.

I am working on using some thin rod to make a hook on one end to go around the gas strut and an L-shaped piece on the other to slide into the door latch.

lambo_do_not_touch.jpg

Car events are a big part of the fun for me with cars by giving my car buddies and me a purpose to hang out.

Just like driving on the road 99.9% are completely cool, but that .01% can take the fun out of it. We do all look after each other's cars.

The paid events like the Lakewood Concours that I'll be going to later this month have exceptional audiences that couldn't be more respectful. Even at free events, little kids are only a problem when they have bird-brained parents that don't do anything to make sure their kids grow up to be respectful, and that's pretty rare fortunately. Teenagers are very cool in general. Some women really get excited, which is fun, but they can do damage flailing around trying to get that perfect pic.

The event this weekend was a charity event to raise money for a little girl that needed heart surgery, and most of the organized events I go to are charity related, and usually for kids. My g/f and I are Make-A-Wish volunteers, so I use the incredible attention the Murci gets at shows to raise awareness for Make-A-Wish by putting their logo on my cars.

Took my Esprit to this one too because it was close to home.

2016_04_09_08.00.19.jpg

2016_04_09_10.15.55.jpg

2016_04_09_08.17.45.jpg

2016_04_09_08.33.05.jpg

I am working on using some thin rod to make a hook on one end to go around the gas strut and an L-shaped piece on the other to slide into the door latch.

I like it!

Great looking car stimpy

Thanks Citrus! It's really coming along getting it perfect. Next is the new steering wheel from DTCMS.

Nice sign. I have also seen some people just sit on the hood of Lambos too for selfies at shows. Not sure how strong the hoods are, but I don't think that is a good idea; although some may debate that depending on how she looks, etc.

Nice sign. I have also seen some people just sit on the hood of Lambos too for selfies at shows. Not sure how strong the hoods are, but I don't think that is a good idea; although some may debate that depending on how she looks, etc.

Yea, sitting on exotics is always a bad idea!

It is a smart solution. Thanks for sharing.

free shows you will need someone to read the sign to the attendees and then explain it

This fantastic humor was not lost on me, clever! :icon_thumleft:

Aka: The general Public is full of mostly morons.

It's a good idea but if you're not around, it probably won't stop anyone. I will never forget the first Baltimore Grand Prix a few years back and we had a group parked in the corral, which unfortunately was accessible to the public. Someone came up to my car, opened the door, and placed their kids inside to take a pic when I was not near the car but luckily another owner was nearby and told them to get out. Hell, there was an original gulf themed GT40 right next to me and people were sitting on that. People were sitting on the cars, etc. Best advice is go with a friend and make sure one of you is by by the cars at all times.

It's a good idea but if you're not around, it probably won't stop anyone. I will never forget the first Baltimore Grand Prix a few years back and we had a group parked in the corral, which unfortunately was accessible to the public. Someone came up to my car, opened the door, and placed their kids inside to take a pic when I was not near the car but luckily another owner was nearby and told them to get out. Hell, there was an original gulf themed GT40 right next to me and people were sitting on that. People were sitting on the cars, etc. Best advice is go with a friend and make sure one of you is by by the cars at all times.

Man, that's pretty bad. It's hard to believe, but it seems some just don't know better. I think they see exotic and collector shows like the new car shows where the public can climb in and out and all over. I have been to too many shows and have seen encounters with bikes, skateboards, baby carriages, and even falling cameras & iPhones. Not sure what that has to do with the posters subject, but just had to get it off my chest.

[/quote

I had the same thing happen to me some years ago in a Ferrari 360. I didn't lock it so may be my fault.

Guy just opened the door and sat in it, problem was he was about 350lb and when I asked him to get the hell out he almost couldn't, I could see the seat flexing and the steering column being stressed, it was a nightmare. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but as the years roll on I get more and more jaded.