Friend charged with felony assault 2

07pearl

Thanks for the info .

This blows my mind how serious and drawn out the process is for something like this . I just spoke with him for the first time since his arrest ( info before was coming from his girlfriend ) and he said the guy wasn't even hurt and actually got thrown out of the bar after my friend hit him for being so drunk and such an ass to everyone . But then after he got kicked out he called the cops and said my friend hit him with a pool que and they arrested him.

Did your friend hit him with a pool cue?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Based on advice above - does 07pearl have to be careful with what he posts here (or anywhere)?

I'm not saying he's doing this, but make sure he isn't using you. Since you seem highly successful, he might view you as his trusty safety net.

I'm not saying he's doing this, but make sure he isn't using you. Since you seem highly successful, he might view you as his trusty safety net.

Really good point, Wheels. :icon_super: I don't think anyone has said it yet.

No I'm not worried about that , like I said we have been close our whole lives . Grew up a block apart same schools and always close friends and even when I moved to a different town after he got back from the army deployment I was his first call for a catch up beer and then he moved a block away from me when his term was done lol. I see him every single day pretty much .

He didn't even call me when he got arrested to ask for help . His girl called me and told me what was up so I told her to get him to call me and I offered my help with a lawyer and bail .

But I do understand where the thought comes from and I have had those people come and go from my life for sure . Usually easy to spot the users and fake friends .

And yes roman dad he did hit the guy with a pool que and another problem I found out is his friend who is down there with him that was at the bar also, put in his written statement to the cops exactly what happening including him hitting the guy. So that was stupid in my eyes .. My friend himself hasn't said a word to any police at all.

Yeah, got himself arrested just to screw with you, that sounds about right LOL

That's not what I was saying, my point was that if he thinks he has someone to always bail him out, he could be much more inclined to get into trouble.

That's not what I was saying, my point was that if he thinks he has someone to always bail him out, he could be much more inclined to get into trouble.

Who gets into bar fights because has rich friends to bail them out?

The guy clearly has a temper, can't handle his alcohol and goes off like dynamite, I bet during those moments his judgment is very clouded.

Let's not over analyze this the OP provided sufficient information in order for everyone readying to draw proper conclusions.

Who gets into bar fights because has rich friends to bail them out?

Again, not what I was saying. My comparison was it as sort of like the kid with the rich parents who speeds all the time because his parents can always pay for the tickets. He doesn't speed because he wants his parents to pay tickets, he just speeds because if he gets caught, he knows he has a safety net. However 07pearl has said that he doesn't believe his friend is behaving in that manner.

I commend your loyalty and wanting to help your friend in this situation, but much like parents that give their kids everything and the kids turn into little shitheads, is figuratively and literally bailing him out of this problem really helping?

He sounds like someone that lets his ego override good decision making, and maybe this is the (harsh) lesson he needs to mature a bit. Or not, and this cycle will rinse and repeat again in the future. But letting it sting a little probably isn't the worst thing for him.

Also, I would seriously talk with his attorney prior to posting bail. You need to know the full story of how they expect this to play out in the next 30-60 days. If you post $250k bail (assuming 10% bond you're lighting $25k on fire) and they revoke bail or raise it next week, you have to front more $$ or lose it all and he still goes back to jail.

I'm guessing he isn't a huge earner. The $$ spent on bail may be far better served to help his wife and daughter through this mess. Especially if a conviction is likely and at best he's looking at a few months being locked up anyway. At this rate if he's in the klink he is at least earning time served on the final sentence, when he can't go back to work anyway.

Also, what are his costs going to be just to fight this? If you post his bail and he can't leave the us for 3 months, where does he live for that time frame?

Just another point of view to consider. What he wants and what is really the best use of resources for his family are not the same thing in this case.

he obviously needs to quit drinking period. anyone who gets like this and drinks is a recipe for disaster.

only way I would help him is if he commits to quitting and puts your friendship on the line.

if he doesn't quit, find a new friend. that's a slap in the face IMO

in the long run you will save his life if he listens.

The $$ spent on bail may be far better served to help his wife and daughter through this mess.

Totally. And then get him some help with his drinking problem, once the dust settles. Immediately rushing in with suitcases of money is simply enablement.

Getting into drunken fistfights at 32YO?? Common...

Since he may have chipped a few teeth I would say that there will likely be a civil suit... perhaps an agreement can be made through civil proceedings that would allow your friend to avoid criminal proceedings. After all everyone has a number, and it never hurts to have a lawyer reach out.

Wheels, let's not turn this thread into a debate of character analysis. Rightly or wrongly, we can draw (or have already drawn) our own conclusions on 07pearl's friend. But this thread is 07pearl seeking assistance and advise on how he can get his friend out of a predicament. We'll just provide as much info. on the legal part as we can and let 07pearl handle how he should follow-up with his friend on his own. His friend can reflect and be taught in the aftermath; getting him out of this is 07pearl's priority now.

07pearl, check your PM please.

Since he may have chipped a few teeth I would say that there will likely be a civil suit... perhaps an agreement can be made through civil proceedings that would allow your friend to avoid criminal proceedings. After all everyone has a number, and it never hurts to have a lawyer reach out.

I like this idea best.

Can the DA can still press charges even if the victim changes their mind?

I like this idea best.

Can the DA can still press charges even if the victim changes their mind?

Technically the prosecutor can continue to press charges, though its not an easy case without witnesses to testify, plus the judge would likely dismiss the case if the victim asks the court. This is a fairly common outcome.

Technically the prosecutor can continue to press charges, though its not an easy case without witnesses to testify, plus the judge would likely dismiss the case if the victim asks the court. This is a fairly common outcome.

Unless there is video of hit with the pool stick and or unless the prosecutor is a hard ass. Not likely to pursue without a cooperating witness, but still possible, especially if Pearl's buddy told the cops something along the lines of, "I only hit him once...what's the big deal?"

Again, not what I was saying. My comparison was it as sort of like the kid with the rich parents who speeds all the time because his parents can always pay for the tickets. He doesn't speed because he wants his parents to pay tickets, he just speeds because if he gets caught, he knows he has a safety net. However 07pearl has said that he doesn't believe his friend is behaving in that manner.

Wheels there is no need for you to explain to me every single one of your posts, I know exactly what you are talking about but what you don't seem to understand is that someone who reacts violently when fueled by alcohol deals with a different set of issues other than the comfort of a safety net.

Wheels there is no need for you to explain to me every single one of your posts, I know exactly what you are talking about but what you don't seem to understand is that someone who reacts violently when fueled by alcohol deals with a different set of issues other than the comfort of a safety net.

So true. The rage center becomes uninhibited and very poor decisions are made and thoughts of consequences go out the window. Once this is over if this guy hasn't learned he will need an intervention.

And if he can indeed bash someone in the head in Canada and get off on "community service" as the OP says, it will indeed happen again. I can't believe this is how it works up there, but whatever.

So? Any update on the legal side? (And yeah. Any of you who want to go on and on about the defendants issues, what's the point? What is, is and he isn't reading your review. His buddy is).

It just seemed to me that you had misunderstood my post was all and I wanted to make sure I was clear. No worries though. Also I agree on your latter point there.