Brexit

IanMan

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are twisting it to suit your agenda, I didn't say rich and powerful I said the smart and the contributors, the smart because they generaly know what's going on and the contributors because they've earned it, it will never happen so relax.

Myself I don't think the super elites go out of their way to suppress the masses, but I do believe they do whatever it takes to protect their own interests. It's what's given major conspiracy theories so much weight over the years, because otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

Sometimes this could be one and the same thing and is probably confused as always being the same thing.

I believe that's where Lee was going with this.

And using the word "super elite" has a connotation of some old money with lots of political power, not so much wealthy first or second generation people.

Myself I don't think the super elites go out of their way to suppress the masses, but I do believe they do whatever it takes to protect their own interests. It's what's given major conspiracy theories so much weight over the years, because otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

Sometimes this could be one and the same thing and is probably confused as always being the same thing.

And using the word "super elite" has a connotation of some old money with lots of political power, not so much wealthy first or second generation people.

Everyone protects their agenda the rich and the poor, the minute you settle you work on guarding your "safety net" whatever that might mean for you, trust me I know where Lee is coming from :icon_mrgreen:

Exactly!

Whenever you have people in power they will inevitably and understandably protect their interest and they will most likely go overboard with it. Thats why election are for everyone, to create balance.

You are twisting it to suit your agenda, I didn't say rich and powerful I said the smart and the contributors, the smart because they generaly know what's going on and the contributors because they've earned it, it will never happen so relax.

No worries, I´m always relaxed, whatever happen in the world, happens with or without my contribution, so no need to get caught up in anything too much :icon_mrgreen:

So how do you define what´s smart then?

High IQ?

High GRIT?

High EQ?

Lots of experience at a certain field?

There´s also alot of people who contribute enormously but are not very smart, because they never needed to be. Seen it time and time again.

And even if you can weed out the "smart" ones from the "not so smart" ones. How do you account for intent and agenda?

It just doesn´t work that way fortis. I wish it would be that easy, but it isn´t.

Abuse of power isn't necessary related to wealth, have you ever dealt with a public servant with a chip on their shoulder? I do all the time, rotten elements come from all walks of life and they have the power to spoil it for everyone else, give someone a bit of power and they become drunk with it, not many know how to harness it or what to do with it, most become just rude dicks which in a weird way you could almost understand if they had something to show for but most bring zero to the table and when they do bring something is mostly more red tape which is generally necessary to shelter their cushy position.

Lee the smart ones are easy to differentiate so are the contributors they are usually one and the same.

When I say smart I am not talking high IQ, I am talking about people who at least have a a good understanding of what they are voting on and the implications of his/her vote, maybe a test would do it, you do realize the huge negative impact of someone whom is easily manipulated or influenced (majority are) voting on very sensitive issues which affect the future of all of us, you also do know that a large majority have no ability to understand very complex issues related to politics and/or economy?

I am not asking for a dictatorship, I've learned first hand want dictatorship is like, all I am saying is that our system isn't perfect but I guess it's the best we've got.

Anyway I am done with politics I despise it and I honestly don't want to talk about it anymore, I used to love the old LP where politics was a subject which wasn't allowed to be discussed.

I guess that's a good example where dictatorship trumps democracy with a positive result LOL.

Abuse of power isn't necessary related to wealth, have you ever dealt with a public servant with a chip on their shoulder? I do all the time, rotten elements come from all walks of life and they have the power to spoil it for everyone else, give someone a bit of power and they become drunk with it, not many know how to harness it or what to do with it, most become just rude dicks which in a weird way you could almost understand if they had something to show for but most bring zero to the table and when they do bring something is mostly more red tape which is generally necessary to shelter their cushy position.

:iamwithstupid:

For us in the States travel to Europe just got cheaper, so some good has come of it :D

Tourism from Europe to the US is going to suffer however.

True...but I'm just thinking purely about my own travel plans at the moment

hh.gif

Tourism from Europe to the US is going to suffer however.

Would exchange rates really affect it that much? I'm as happy travelling to the us when the exchange rate is $0.75 or when it was $1.05. Surely travel is generally more about the destination than whether it's a bargain (excluding of course budget holidays to some good forsaken third world Asian $#!thole)

Would exchange rates really affect it that much? I'm as happy travelling to the us when the exchange rate is $0.75 or when it was $1.05. Surely travel is generally more about the destination than whether it's a bargain (excluding of course budget holidays to some good forsaken third world Asian $#!thole)

For a lot of students and families a favorable exchange rate means getting further on your dollar (or euro, or pound, or whatever currency). So in that sense exchange rates play a significant role.

I'm going to Finland next week so this exchange rate is a plus for me now.

ehh..its more or less the same, actually maybe a bit higher than last year same time. I expected a weaker EUR but its holding. Still EUR at 1.12x USD is very nice, I love it, beer and food's cheap. In finland you might not feel that way it is expensive, all of scandinavia usually is.

ehh..its more or less the same, actually maybe a bit higher than last year same time. I expected a weaker EUR but its holding. Still EUR at 1.12x USD is very nice, I love it, beer and food's cheap. In finland you might not feel that way it is expensive, all of scandinavia usually is.

For some reason I thought I checked the other week and it was at like 1.29 and now 1.11. But you're right, it hasn't changed too much. Oh well lol

For some reason I thought I checked the other week and it was at like 1.29 and now 1.11. But you're right, it hasn't changed too much. Oh well lol

you probably checked GBP which was 1.29, but finland is euro.

Anyway, 2 years ago 1k GBP was $1700. Now $1340. Once it's even lower I'll finally be able to afford to enjoy London :)

I was surprised how affordable prices were in uk. As in other Europe too. Coming back to Finland, and holy shit ordinary things like food are expensive!