Bugatti Chiron private unveling Vancouver

sl55

Thank you for the feedback VCR, to me Huayra is kitcarish the Chiron is the big daddy, the real deal.

I Like Pagani but IMO he's building the wrong cars, he overstylizes them, I would like to see him build a bare bones, minimalist, superlight, carbon hypercar car with no frills and trinkets.

I believe he's the only one in the world who can do it, he's showing glimpses of genius in his works but for me he isn't there yet. I'd love to walk in and tell him exactly what to build me but I am sure he wouldn't :icon_mrgreen:

And thank you Fortis. Pagani will be more than delighted to build you your dream machine. Just that he would likely take the Porsche / Leica marketing approach of "less is definitely more". I.e. you would pay a lot more for a car with much less which, at some point, becomes pointless and ludicrous.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the feedback VCR, to me Huayra is kitcarish the Chiron is the big daddy, the real deal.

I Like Pagani but IMO he's building the wrong cars, he overstylizes them, I would like to see him build a bare bones, minimalist, superlight, carbon hypercar car with no frills and trinkets.

I believe he's the only one in the world who can do it, he's showing glimpses of genius in his works but for me he isn't there yet. I'd love to walk in and tell him exactly what to build me but I am sure he wouldn't :icon_mrgreen:

Have you experienced the Zonda F? (Zonda Fortis?!?! :icon_mrgreen: ) The Zonda range speaks more to what you're getting at and I think a Zonda F looks as clean and mean as they come, it's light, and nothing (and I mean nothing) sounds better.

post-8919-1473484719_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1473484730_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1473484744_thumb.jpg

Have you experienced the Zonda F? (Zonda Fortis?!?! :icon_mrgreen: ) The Zonda range speaks more to what you're getting at and I think a Zonda F looks as clean and mean as they come, it's light, and nothing (and I mean nothing) sounds better.

I was fortunate enough to ride in one on 2 separate occasions. Nice but to borrow a term from Fortis, a bit kitcarish; it didn't feel "wholesome" enough if that is the proper word to describe it. At any rate, Zonda's have become unobtainium and there may be legal issues on importing one.

Side by side the Pagani seems more race car and the Chiron looks more GT. Both incredible in there own right, just comes down to what appeals to you more.

Both the Chiron and Veyron IMO look virtually identical, just the Chiron has cooler headlights and a modified rear:

2017-bugatti-chiron-official-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-665950-s-429x262.jpg

bugatti-veyron-eb-164-2016.jpg

I'm going to a private viewing of the car later in the week, I will get some pictures.

:icon_thumleft:

Congrats on the order! Are you going with the T-top option?

Both the Chiron and Veyron IMO look virtually identical, just the Chiron has cooler headlights and a modified rear:

I will now forgive you for all your comments you've ever made on modern architecture, your vision must be much worse than I originally thought LOL.

Don't man. Just don't.

outta-here.jpg

I will now forgive you for all your comments you've ever made on modern architecture, your vision must be much worse than I originally thought LOL.

He does have somewhat of a point to the people not in the know. I bet if you bought one and drove it in the US 8/10 people at a gas station would ask if it's a Veyron, 1/10 would ask if it's a Ferarri/Lamborghini and 1/10 would actually know what it is.

He does have somewhat of a point to the people not in the know. I bet if you bought one and drove it in the US 8/10 people at a gas station would ask if it's a Veyron, 1/10 would ask if it's a Ferarri/Lamborghini and 1/10 would actually know what it is.

I completely agree but he's been here looking at exotics for a very long time.

I completely agree but he's been here looking at exotics for a very long time.

But your point there basically goes back to what I was saying, i.e. they both look very similar. You have to really know what you're looking at in order to tell the difference. BTW, not saying that's a bad thing, many car brands have a distinctive look, for example Lamborghini, Porsche, Aston-Martin, etc...

Congrats TurboGallardo you lucky SOB lol.

I stopped by the dealership before the car is shipped out, got a start up and sat inside the cabin for a good 10 minutes. My god is this car stunning inside and out.

14264801_10157375474185175_8935694425043721632_n.jpg

14333037_10157375474115175_9218969994282789835_n.jpg

14358655_10157375474060175_7833581365098494194_n.jpg

Congrats TurboGallardo you lucky SOB lol.

I stopped by the dealership before the car is shipped out, got a start up and sat inside the cabin for a good 10 minutes. My god is this car stunning inside and out.

You have to experience it to really appreciate it, like with most cars. To me, the Veyron was a car that I respected it's capabilities and numbers, but overall it felt a bit soulless. With the Chiron, the soul is very present in the car...Bugatti nailed the intangible x-factors on this one.

Let's say pricetag is 3.5 million USD tax in. What kind of minimum TRUE net worth would be required to purchase this outright? What level are we talking here?

Let's say pricetag is 3.5 million USD tax in. What kind of minimum TRUE net worth would be required to purchase this outright? What level are we talking here?

Surely $20m would be the bare minimum.

Although technically I guess the answer is $3.5m

In the Bugatti Documentary, Bugatti executives, (of course they will try to make the brand seem as prestigious as possible) said that their purchasers usually have the issue of owning too many private jets. I remember reading that rapper T-Pain sold his Veyron after a radiator issue because it was so expensive to maintain and fix after that.

Surely $20m would be the bare minimum.

Although technically I guess the answer is $3.5m

$20 mil? That's why so many get into trouble financially, I wouldn't even consider one with a under $100 mil net worth.

Sometimes I am shocked at the number of cars (toys and others) some buy because I know they aren't worth enough in order to comfortably justify their purchases but to each their own.

$20 mil? That's why so many get into trouble financially, I wouldn't even consider one with a under $100 mil net worth.

Sometimes I am shocked at the number of cars (toys and others) some buy because I know they aren't worth enough in order to comfortably justify their purchases but to each their own.

I did say bare minimum. And that would assume it's your only fancy toy. I actually thought $100 mm would be a level where I would consider it but thought people may think I was being fat too conservative.

$3.5 million is all you need on hand.

Now as far as what a person is comfortable with is totally subjective. Some guys are fine at $10 million, others wouldn't budge with less than $50 mil, and for others it's an after thought at $100 mil. The better question is how much in the bank makes YOU feel comfortable dropping $3.5 million on something?

I did say bare minimum. And that would assume it's your only fancy toy. I actually thought $100 mm would be a level where I would consider it but thought people may think I was being fat too conservative.

I saw that but with $20 mil in the bank it wouldn't even be on my radar, I guess I am very conservative, I have few small self imposed set limits otherwise to be perfectly honest I would need 10 more garages :icon_mrgreen:

I wouldn't spend more than 5% of my net worth on depreciating, nonincome producing assets and/or frivolous purchases, cars, toys etc., in particular when you can't tax deduct it.

I wouldn't tap into investment funds in order to buy said "assets" I would/am only using off the top cream to play with the higher the cream the bigger the toys but that's just me maybe too conservative, at times I feel like I am but I always remind myself, I only have one ass for one seat and not many spare hours in a week maybe after I will get older and work less my attitude will change.

I saw that but with $20 mil in the bank it wouldn't even be on my radar, I guess I am very conservative, I have few small self imposed set limits otherwise to be perfectly honest I would need 10 more garages :icon_mrgreen:

I wouldn't spend more than 5% of my net worth on depreciating, nonincome producing assets and/or frivolous purchases, cars, toys etc., in particular when you can't tax deduct it.

I wouldn't tap into investment funds in order to buy said "assets" I would/am only using off the top cream to play with the higher the cream the bigger the toys but that's just me maybe too conservative, at times I feel like I am but I always remind myself, I only have one ass for one seat and not many spare hours in a week maybe after I will get older and work less my attitude will change.

It wouldn't be on my personal radar either.

I thought I was strict with my self imposed 10% rule. most people tell me I'm too conservative lol.

I watched an EVO video where Henry was driving the Veyron. He said he spoke to one of the directors in bugatti and said to be invited to one of their new car showings you need a net worth of 500 million. Not sure if I believe that though, seems a bit high lol I've also read that the typical owner has 80 cars a 3 jets. Maybe the oil sheiks boost those numbers up.