HELP: Need Murcielago Owner to check car out: Mesa, AZ

JonV8944s

Beautiful car congrats!

Is this the car that driving emotion had a year plus ago? And then a member from this forum bought?

Or maybe im thinking of another car

Congrats Jon! Unicorn has been found!

No that's my car, it has the cream interior his is black.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^sorry, for some reason i thought it had black interior . Beautiful examples all around

That was a coupe and I believe you're right it was black interior.

Its been an absolutely incredible experience. I have learned SOOOO much over these last few days. After owning a 'Regular' Murcielago for 4 years, and now having an LP640, the experience is soooo different.

And OMG, color IS everything. All the time when you other owners (with the green, orange, yellows) would make such a big deal about color, i was always like 'uh sure its nice to have a certain color, but who gives a shit, its a lambo' uh... I get it now. With that said, from inside the car, you dont notice the color at all, best you ever see if your rear fengers. So the experience with the color is purely from a 'parked' experience or the reaction it gets from people coming by. I am so glad i got this color over 'basic black' that I had my eye on.

I did notice if you drive the car 'normally' there isnt much difference in driveability/performance between pre-lp640 and lp640. Other then 6 gear passing is surprisingly better in the lp640. But part throttle and even 'flooring it' when not in the 'sweet zone' produces minimal differentiation. NOW, get the gear and RPM right, and boooooom bitches, this thing flies. Its not like a GTR, aka power in any gear. But I know it would whoop a stock GTR's ass if rowed properly through the gears.

Handling is noticeably improved in the lp640, but the ride is just as shitty stiff as always.

The 09 GLASS engine cover is NOT an improvement in visibility like I had SOOOOOOO HOPED. Its worse, the glass cuts your sight plane right in the middle of the mirror. Thank god I was a prior murci owner, else driving this thing with just side mirrors and PARTIAL rear view would be a nightmare. Now I check mirrors, signal and give a little gas and then change lanes, unless I already knew i passed someone. This car you have to be VERY careful, people are SOOOOO fcuking STUPID, they hide in your blind spots to take videos/photos, and they just stay there, like idiots. :/ (so now i always just assume some idiot is there, and do as described above).

I know my photos arent the greatest, as I am not that guy who's got a good eye for snapping photos. But here is one more I took yesterday when I stopped to see the guy who always hooks me up on tires.

IMG_0320.JPG

Perfection, except the wheels, what possessed them to swap the beautiful factory ones? Glad to see you swapped them back.

I didnt own it at the time. I am pretty sure it was because they wanted some 'flash' for the CES show. It was a bad call. But yes, it definitely has the factory setup on now, and has since about 2012 :)

No clue where those wheels are, and dont care. Never wanted them.

After putting 1000 straight miles on these oem wheels and tires, I love them! Performance and grip is amazing. Sadly, they need to be replaced purely due to age :(

This car you have to be VERY careful, people are SOOOOO fcuking STUPID, they hide in your blind spots to take videos/photos, and they just stay there, like idiots. :/ (so now i always just assume some idiot is there, and do as described above).

Yes, excellent color! They sure got the paint right on our cars with the pearl, they all shout when the sun hits the pearl. Especially the blue, almost looks like different shades of blue on the angles. Regarding the blind spots, maybe try adjusting the mirrors outward a little more away from the car. Our mirrors are so wide, they really cover a lot of viewing area. Drove my wife's jeep the other day and almost hit someone on my side as she keeps the mirrors so tight to see the side of her car rather than the blind spot...ugh. Crapped my pants, then adjusted the mirrors out.

Jon, it's funny what you say about the black, I was set on getting a black one as well however I'm so glad I didn't, the Monterey Blue is such a beautiful deep color, be prepared for a ton of compliments on the color from young and old! I'd get that front end wrapped in clear if it isn't already.

Is the stereo still in it? Sound amazing?

After putting 1000 straight miles on these oem wheels and tires, I love them! Performance and grip is amazing. Sadly, they need to be replaced purely due to age :(

Congrats on your MB Bull! Amazing color. How old is your tires if you don't mind I'm asking? and usually at what age do tire need to be replace?

Congrats on the new car. You really cannot beat a MB LP640, hope you enjoy many miles in that gorgeous beauty!

Yup stereo is still in their and it literally makes everyone giggle with how insane it is. They all say 'its LOUD but so Clean!' One guy was a DJ and he was shocked it could sound that good with no roof to help the sound acoustics. So yeah it rocks hard and they did a good job of keeping the setup low enough u can still put the top in the front and a few bags of groceries (if top is on).

As far as the tires, it's because they are showing dry rott :(. Last owner kept it in his showroom floor for the last 5 years and only managed LESS then 500 miles. He joked saying I achieved more in 8 hours of ownership then his 5 years of it ;)

Ok, so please guide me, I need these goodies:

1. Proper review holder for valentine one radar? What to get and where?

2. Where is those $25 lower back supports that match the interior and fit well in the seat confines and looks oem? I think stimpy posted anout them?

3. These seats are Soooo Gorgeous I want to protect them. Lambo car seat covers for roadster version seats?

Nothing beats Monterey Blue/Blu Nethuns especially under the bright sun. View the car from the 3/4 rear at a high angle and you will see every panel of the car has a slightly different hue. This blue epitomizes the paint achievements as it's a quad-coat process.

For seat covers, PM Glen at AMH Exotic Parts (sponsor here), excellent prices and service. You can get a steering wheel cover to match the looks too if you wish.

Nothing beats Monterey Blue/Blu Nethuns especially under the bright sun. View the car from the 3/4 rear at a high angle and you will see every panel of the car has a slightly different hue. This blue epitomizes the paint achievements as it's a quad-coat process.

For seat covers, PM Glen at AMH Exotic Parts (sponsor here), excellent prices and service. You can get a steering wheel cover to match the looks too if you wish.

will do!

Ok, what about floor matts, I dont think mine has any. I didnt look too close, but I DO know it does NOT have the bull logo on the floor area, so I had those in my old one (years ago had to buy them too but cant recall who i got them from, I think some guy on ebay?)

Also, WHATS the deal on tires? Go with Pirelli Corsa ? or something else? Also anyone know the tire size combo that would work to 'plus' size the car, so I got MORE sidewall? I get it with the ratio thing, I have a bunch of options written down, but its all in storage :( but I am afraid I am stuck on the 18s being 335 in the rear. As i dont think they make a 18 inch ride tire any bigger then 335. :(

Anyone?

Floor mats: you need a set of these. Not a LP640 roadster but you get the idea. Blue Alcantara rear with carbon skin (it's vinyl in carbon pattern) front. Piping/border, stitching and charging bull embroidery in Blu Nethuns.

http://www.exoticare.ca/customfloormats.html

Corsa works great in dry warm weather. Not so much in the cold and a bit iffy in the rain. Subject to you local weather, regular P-Zero may be a better overall compromise. No expert on optional tire size so can't offer an opinion on that.

DSC04034.JPG