Consignment

fcris

I have a few cars I would like to sell, but I have little experience with this. I usually hand them down, but that's not an option with these cars. Does anyone have any opinions on consignment, and any pitfalls involved. I did this many years ago with a f car and it didn't go well. I have a dealer in mind, but I'm not sure I can mention them or not because they are a sponsor here.

Thanks,

Frank

I sent my car to a well known "reputable" dealer/consignor several years ago, he then hits me up with $15,000 in "repairs" before he was willing to sell the car which was now 1,200 miles away. Repairs among other things included a new clutch, rotors and pads, a rim etc. Once I got the car back, I put another 7,500 miles on said clutch, rotors, pads and rim, replaced the tire that had been cut during transport before I sold it as is.

I would recommend Brian Albertson. Straight shooter, painless and easy to deal with when I sold my car.

http://exoticcarsearch.com/

I sent my car to a well known "reputable" dealer/consignor several years ago, he then hits me up with $15,000 in "repairs" before he was willing to sell the car which was now 1,200 miles away. Repairs among other things included a new clutch, rotors and pads, a rim etc. Once I got the car back, I put another 7,500 miles on said clutch, rotors, pads and rim, replaced the tire that had been cut during transport before I sold it as is.

I would recommend Brian Albertson. Straight shooter, painless and easy to deal with when I sold my car.

http://exoticcarsearch.com/

Plus one for Brian.

I have had Roy at Cats Exotics sell my Viper GTS, Gallardo and LP640. His staff and him are top notch, wouldn't sell my cars on consignment through anyone else. In fact, I ship my cars to him from LA to sell, can't say enough good things.

I have had Roy at Cats Exotics sell my Viper GTS, Gallardo and LP640. His staff and him are top notch, wouldn't sell my cars on consignment through anyone else. In fact, I ship my cars to him from LA to sell, can't say enough good things.

Agree. Roy has done same for me. Sold my Viper GTS also, Alpina B7 and my 08 superleggera. Makes it so easy.

I would also recommend Roy or myself.

Here is what I can offer.

"Sell your Exotic" http://exoticcarsearch.com/?page_id=27

Thank you!

Brian

It is nice to see that we all agree and watch out for each other. I work with Brian very often. He and I seem to get things done for our members here.

Which ever way you go, Brian or me, you wont be dis-appointed.

Call me direct or e mail if you wish to go into details.

425-787-6200

[email protected]

I used ROY and CATS for consignment on my LP640 and the process was very straightforward, simple and easy. Roy has a pretty keen eye on the market values of a lot of cars and is pretty on point with the expected net sales after fees/transportation. I've seen other local dealers charge WAY more (2x - 3x) more for the same services.

Thanks guys,

I’m just getting around to reading these posts. Yes, Roy is who I was thinking of. And the same thing that happened to kinnsella happened to me when I did this with a ferrari. All of the sudden there were things wrong with the car... like the radiator leaked? I ended up taking 10K off the price because of these issues.

I didn’t think anyone here would be interested in these cars, though you may know someone that is. Both have salvage titles. The cars are an 03 Murcie and a 06 MB CL65. The CL was in the garage when the Diablo burned and the insurance co just gave me a check for it. I got the Murcie years back as a project car. I replaced the bumper, bonnet and some other small items due to minor damage.

The CL can’t be worth much. And it will have the most power to dollar ratio of any car one could own. The Murcie would be a good car for someone that could not easily afford or justify owning one.

Thanks,

Frank

Not sure how far we can take this conversation before the mods move it to the classifieds.

I just want this to go quickly and quietly.

This is hard for me guys... I've always been a car guy, but since the Diablo fire, it just hasn't been the same. All I could think about is all the oil changes for nothing, all the claying and waxing. The fact that my butt never touched the seats without a cover. Never driven in the rain. Never wore shorts while driving. Never driving while too hot or too cold. Being a fanatic about the temp and humidity. Then it burns. All this seems silly since I wasn't the only one that's owned these cars.

Like I said, aside from the AC in the Murcie needing a charge every spring and some scratches on the CL from the fire dept, these cars will make someone very happy for short $.

Thanks,

Frank

The CL was in the garage when the Diablo caught fire. The insurance co wrote me a check for it and I bought it back from them. Small scratches from the fire dept on the trunk lid, and some of the chrome plastic trim stained. Otherwise no other signs of damage. I sent to dealer for inspection and they didn't find any issues.

Working on some photos, but I think I should put them in classified.

Thanks,

Frank

The CL was in the garage when the Diablo caught fire. The insurance co wrote me a check for it and I bought it back from them. Small scratches from the fire dept on the trunk lid, and some of the chrome plastic trim stained. Otherwise no other signs of damage. I sent to dealer for inspection and they didn't find any issues.

Thanks,

Frank

Yeah, post it up in classifieds. Send me some pics and price in my PM, I run across people that like that stuff from time to time. Let me know what state the car is in too, it sounds like a fun car on the cheap. I will ask a couple folks what they think.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Frank

Don't move it ( if the mods will let you keep it here) more exposure in General