Aventador S unveiled

Well this has just confirmed my interest in picking up a 13-15. I don't see a reason anyone would jump from a first gen to this, unless the rear steering is out of this world. Interior and exterior looks pretty much the same to me.

Agree. Gives me comfort that the SV was the way to go... At least for now. :eusa_dance:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I was talking strictly street as 99% of these cars will never see the track.

Do people still street race? I must be getting older :(

Maybe it's just me but somehow this facelift suggests Lamborghini is trying to evoke the classic Countach look.

Look at what they have done to the rear wheel arch; the upper air intakes (yes, they did appear on the SV already); and the elimination of the lip on the side intake. The overall update, IMO, seems to suggest a contemporary interpretation of the original Countach LP400/500 design. They more or less smoothed out all the complex geometric shapes from the Perini design. It's definitely more contemporary but it may water down the wild and who-cares-what-you-think factor as Lamborghini is known for. But like every modern Lamborghini design, it will take time to get used to and be appreciated but ultimately, it will succeed.

So long as they have figured out all the mechanical and electronic aspects of the 4WS, it should be a winner.

4WS isn't new. The Japanese were pushing this tech way back in the 90's. The Honda Prelude had it, Nissan's Skyline R32 had it as did Mazda MX-3 concept. And the original Mercedes-Benz 190E's rear multi-link suspension was a crude mechanical form of it. Ironically, most R32's had the 4WS system defeated citing twitchy behavior of the car. 20yrs+ advancement should make it quite capable by now. This is where one is grateful that Lamborghini is own by Audi/VAG.

Do people still street race? I must be getting older :(

I dont. Im an old fart. But in selling cars, speed is still a selling point. Youd rather know in your mind that you can beat a bargain Mclaren 570 in your top of the line Lambo, even if you never actually race one.

I dont. Im an old fart. But in selling cars, speed is still a selling point. Youd rather know in your mind that you can beat a bargain Mclaren 570 in your top of the line Lambo, even if you never actually race one.

I know, you are right but I personally don't care, I think I've hit the car menopause :lol2:

I know, you are right but I personally don't care, I think I've hit the car menopause :lol2:

Me too! Thats why I just buy old Porsches now!

Real life look of the S!

Ha! Called it at post #54. So they did try to do a modern interpretation of the Countach (5:30) with the side and top intakes and with the rear wheel arch.

The front reminds me of the 2013 Gallardo facelift, eww.

Side and Rear look absolutely fantastic.

Did people whine the same way they do now when the LP640 came out for the Murcie? Because that was a minimal change the same way S is for the Aventador today.

As Fortis said, most people are now in the "Hate phase", won`t take long before they start to get over it.

If that big plastic rear peice with the Lambo script was in carbon which I'm guessing will eventually be an option it will look a lot better. Looks better in the vid than the pics, think it's one of those you will have to see it in person

I seem to remember a few years back Chaos did an inciteful post explaining the various phases following a new model reveal.

As I recall it was spot on.

In most cases he was right. The final restyle on the Gallardo is still awful. Not feeling the front end on this restyle.

I don't think this cars are for investment anymore. They can hardly keep its original value, maybe the SV or 50th anniversary will increase the value someday but in how many years? 10 years, maybe even more. However the SV is 10 times better looking than this Aventador S imo, and indeed the SV has more potential to at least keep its value in the next few years, the Aventador S will decrease its own value soon after you purchase one, like any other non-"limited" car. IMO

I lost 165K on my SV Coupe in 5 months

I lost 200k on my lp700 roadster in 2 years

I lost 180k on my 2012 coupe in 2 years

no investment cars in my garage ever. except for my high school car a olds 442 that went X10 in value

I regretted no buying the "special 50th anniv offered to me when I ran the 50th anniv giro in Europe...

I didn't like the Pirelli as a special edition for me though I love the car

I love the miura edition but will pass

on this... I feel its a step down from my SV roaster ... now. Will I buy one.. IDK, I buy any 12cyl they make usually.

I hate (re3ally dislike) when Instagram generation is all about "whats next" before a car is even released but ... here I am ... being one of those "people" and I am wondering what is next and when the AV is going to be replaced.

I have a goldrush to run in MAY and Next year I have a 20th anniversary Gumball3000 AROUND THE ENTIRE WORLD... and a TENTH anniv goldrush too. I was hoping by 5-2018 to have a NEW aventador replacement or my SV will break mileage records

Wouldn't that mean if you're in menopause phase you're also getting hot flashes... where your passion for cars burns hot, and than you have periods of cool down where you don't care :eusa_think:

Still think this face lift was hit with the ugly stick.

Wouldn't that mean if you're in menopause phase you're also getting hot flashes... where your passion for cars burns hot, and than you have periods of cool down where you don't care :eusa_think:

Still think this face lift was hit with the ugly stick.

That's pretty much how I feel about cars at the moment :shock:

Odd as it may sound, IMO, the fact that some says they love the restyle on a certain part of the car while others say they hate that exact restyled part already proofed that it's a styling success. At least the majority does not hate it and how often, if ever, would a restyle be completely loved by all. In time, we'll all get used to the updates and embrace the new car. Don't think it would outperform the SV though, especially if its a copiously optioned car.

• 2 weeks later...

Aventador S with say a lightweight exhaust and quarter tank of fuel will probably be same or lighter than the SV.

Aventador S got the extra power from an ecu tune on the valve timings, difference between the SV is just 10hp...hmmm what gives..

Won't be surprised if it pulls neck to neck with the SV in straight line acceleration

• 2 weeks later...