Guilty pleasure songs

kinnsella

It seems like I purchased this record yesterday...

I was such a Cult fan. I actually have the first mix of that album before they went heavy with what was eventually released. Neither was very good in hindsight. Love however is a great album. Live in a club they were pretty good.

New York, New York by Sinatra

My first, my last, my everything by Barry White

I have some serious old school music taste

I prefer the Mel Tormé version. You're not alone, my friend. ;)

I was such a Cult fan. I actually have the first mix of that album before they went heavy with what was eventually released. Neither was very good in hindsight. Love however is a great album. Live in a club they were pretty good.

I loved the Cult, still listen to them occasionally. I actually know Ian, definitely had some ups and downs...

There was a time when we saw The Cult and a little known band opened for them named Guns 'N' Roses...

I loved the Cult, still listen to them occasionally. I actually know Ian, definitely had some ups and downs...

There was a time when we saw The Cult and a little known band opened for them named Guns 'N' Roses...

Love the Cult too! Had all their stuff even the southern death cult cd. I saw them open for Metallica when Sonic temple hit. Ian had the long hair and the Jim Morrison hat.

Recently I saw them open for gnr and they stunk up the stage. I was very disappointed.

Love the Cult too! Had all their stuff even the southern death cult cd. I saw them open for Metallica when Sonic temple hit. Ian had the long hair and the Jim Morrison hat.

Recently I saw them open for gnr and they stunk up the stage. I was very disappointed.

Ian once toured with the remaining Doors members as Doors Of The 21st Century, thought it would be awesome, was not awesome either.

I think this thread is giving away our age.

Ian once toured with the remaining Doors members as Doors Of The 21st Century, thought it would be awesome, was not awesome either.

I think this thread is giving away our age.

More accurate than carbon dating

Isnt guilty pleasure a song your embarrassed to like? I would play Eagles Hotel California at 100db for the world to hear

LOL

I couldn't do that. Awesome song though. I can sing it word for word.

Lol, like some cheesy cruise ship karaoke. God that sucked.

Isnt guilty pleasure a song your embarrassed to like? I would play Eagles Hotel California at 100db for the world to hear

Funny you mentioned that. I did exactly that once. Where I'm at, there is a road that involves a long underpass and leads to a bridge to connect from one town to another. The traffic had long exceeded the capacity of the route and traffic jam is frequent. Once, I was stuck inside the long underpass due to an accident on the bridge. It was in the summer and we were going nowhere for ages with temperature and temper rising. I had the Eagles' "Hell Freezes Over" CD in the car (with the "unplugged version" of Hotel California in it). So I decided to lower the windows, open the sunroof and crank up the volume. It needed not to be very loud as the low ceiling of the underpass reflected the sound nicely and also created a good echo. After the song was finished, I turned the volume back down only to hear other drivers yelling "keep playing it man!". So I did just that. About 8 songs later, traffic was finally moving. Those that overtook me later all honked, gave me the nod, thumbs up and hang ten etc...

LOL

I couldn't do that. Awesome song though. I can sing it word for word.

Isn't it ironic that no matter how good music is/was, once it becomes old it becomes off limits to blast it in public or around others?

Meanwhile the garbage (relatively speaking) that is most modern music of the last few years, absolutely no problem.

No way.. the old stuff is where it is at.. Dire Straights live in Wembley, The Eagles, Meatloaf Bat Out Of Hell, Joe Satriani, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, and on and on.. This new stuff is SHIT. These no talent computer enhanced instagram fucks

Case in point...

Beiber and the other little pansys clowning around will never have the musical talent that the originals had. 60's-70's were the pioneers. They didn't need computers to make their music

Funny you mentioned that. I did exactly that once. Where I'm at, there is a road that involves a long underpass and leads to a bridge to connect from one town to another. The traffic had long exceeded the capacity of the route and traffic jam is frequent. Once, I was stuck inside the long underpass due to an accident on the bridge. It was in the summer and we were going nowhere for ages with temperature and temper rising. I had the Eagles' "Hell Freezes Over" CD in the car (with the "unplugged version" of Hotel California in it). So I decided to lower the windows, open the sunroof and crank up the volume. It needed not to be very loud as the low ceiling of the underpass reflected the sound nicely and also created a good echo. After the song was finished, I turned the volume back down only to hear other drivers yelling "keep playing it man!". So I did just that. About 8 songs later, traffic was finally moving. Those that overtook me later all honked, gave me the nod, thumbs up and hang ten etc...

:icon_thumleft:

I can't believe no one has hit on this little gem yet...

**Edit.. can't seem to get the embed to work..

Others that come to mind:

Nothing compares by Sinead O'Connor

Cream by Prince... actually.. a lot of Prince

Vogue by Madonna... uhh.. a lot of Madonna..

I guess those are all guilty as they are chick songs..