Texas Invitational 2017 KOTS Update Thread

VentadorGER

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW this makes it the 3rd time UGR has beaten T1. Twice with the Bronze R8 and now with the green Huracan. I remember last time around too the t1 camp made excuses that apparently their car lost power or something and showed some graphs. The point is they always claim that their car is very fast but never win. And then the excuses come up which all the Gtr fanboys take for facts.

They sure had the fastest pass of the event. Nobody is denying that. And even though I´m a Lambo fan...you gotta give credit to Tony for creating such a monster. Its good competition for everyone that people like Tony, Lucas, Gidi or Mohammad want to have the absolute fastest car out there

Well I figured this one would need a day or so to get sorted out ... Now that we have a winner ...

Congrats!!! ... UGR ... For building an ARMY of really fast cars that don't break ...

Congrats!!! ... Ross ... Killer reaction time honed from years of playing video games ...

Congrats!!! ... T1 ... That GTR is a REALLY fast car ...

Congrats!!! ... Amar ... I can only imagine what it takes to put this event on ...

Well I figured this one would need a day or so to get sorted out ... Now that we have a winner ...

Congrats!!! ... UGR ... For building an ARMY of really fast cars that don't break ...

Congrats!!! ... Ross ... Killer reaction time honed from years of playing video games ...

Congrats!!! ... T1 ... That GTR is a REALLY fast car ...

Congrats!!! ... Amar ... I can only imagine what it takes to put this event on ...

Market this to the video game developers and get Ross' car into the games! ;)

First TI and had a ton of fun

Indexed at 16th place overall with a 199.64mph

ran Tony in the first round of KOTS, turned the car up more than its ever been (55psi) and spun hard in 3rd

cant wait to run the event again next year

First TI and had a ton of fun

Indexed at 16th place overall with a 199.64mph

ran Tony in the first round of KOTS, turned the car up more than its ever been (55psi) and spun hard in 3rd

cant wait to run the event again next year

Is this event not just plain wild?!?! Bad ass cars just every where in the pits! 200 mph is no joke! Congrats!

What is hard to tell from videos is how short the distance is to pace the other car.

Is this event not just plain wild?!?! Bad ass cars just every where in the pits! 200 mph is no joke! Congrats!

What is hard to tell from videos is how short the distance is to pace the other car.

The event really is amazing. I got to talk to quite a few people ive always wanted to have a conversation with but never had the chance

The pacing/start situation needs an overall but its racing and its been ran this way forever. I seemed to have no issue with antilag. Every pass i made was 64mph off the button per motec

200mph with no parachute and that stopping distance was gnarly. Ran right up to the cones pretty much every run

Check it Ross lets go of Anti lag when the light is green/yellow because thats the transfer on how the light works. He timed it perfectly and Tony was asleep and lost badly.

I honestly thought everyone was kidding at first saying Fowler left on time....since you can CLEARLY hear even in that video that fowler left a half second early. I guess thats just one of the negatives of this type of roll racing. More of a light operator fault for not red lighting the race since the cars weren't even remotely lined up. To be fair, I would have NOT given a re-run given the rules and that there was money/competition involved. I still dont understand based on the angles of how un even the cars were, and the fact that the green lambo left early, that the race was'nt red lit, but according to the rules, thats a win regardless.

I honestly thought everyone was kidding at first saying Fowler left on time....since you can CLEARLY hear even in that video that fowler left a half second early. I guess thats just one of the negatives of this type of roll racing. More of a light operator fault for not red lighting the race since the cars weren't even remotely lined up. To be fair, I would have NOT given a re-run given the rules and that there was money/competition involved. I still dont understand based on the angles of how un even the cars were, and the fact that the green lambo left early, that the race was'nt red lit, but according to the rules, thats a win regardless.

"Early" meaning what? If you mean he accelerated before the GTR did, then yes I agree (so what?). If you mean he left half a second before the light turned green, then no, I don't hear (or see) it in that video. Looks to me like he timed it almost perfectly, and the light operator must have thought it was legal too or as you say he would have red-lighted it.

They just need to update the rules next year, if you slingshot, you get a warning, do it again after that, you should be disqualified, problem solved.

Slingshot is a lame excuse, Tony has enough experience to know this is always a possibility so why did He take off so fast from the burn out box? He set himself up for failure by doing that because He made it very difficult for Ross to catch up....

Tony didn’t get Troll by anyone... He just messed up and now He is having a hard time to recognize his failure (as usual)

Slingshot is a lame excuse, Tony has enough experience to know this is always a possibility so why did He take off so fast from the burn out box? He set himself up for failure by doing that because He made it very difficult for Ross to catch up....

Tony didn’t get Troll by anyone... He just messed up and now He is having a hard time to recognize his failure (as usual)

His take off pace was fine for me when I ran him

I'm just saying that for the future events

His take off pace was fine for me when I ran him

The huracan has a clutch and takes at least 1 full second longer to get off the line the GTR.

I’m glad a customer won! When is the last time a customer won?

No shop car besides Omeg.a ever won TI. Last was Bob Helms, the year before that was Sebastians R8 driven by Kevin

Just wait for the in car footage / video we are going to release later... It shows everything and why Tony lost.

Just wait for the in car footage / video we are going to release later... It shows everything and why Tony lost.

Can’t wait 👌👌👌

What are you waiting for? Just post it like Tony and them have done. Unedited, just the footage. Why wait?

I have no dog in this fight and I do think UR builds the coolest cars in the world. I also think that according to the "refs" a win was decided and, as they say, a "win's a win".

That said, in evaluating the 2 videos below in conjunction with each other, I can only think the final race was absolutely a slingshot start; not that it matters.

https://www.facebook.com/saleen449/posts/10213994847847958

https://www.facebook.com/stuart.leiby/video...02001922897811/

I'm not a roll race guy but it looked like the GTR took off from the start pretty quickly. Or was the Huracan just slow to get moving. Either way, would some slingshotting not be required to make up the ground to meet up at the start line?

What are you waiting for? Just post it like Tony and them have done. Unedited, just the footage. Why wait?

Hey Ben, hope all is well. Please have patients. This video is using footage from all our cameras and others. This video will be vindication for us. This video will also be very transparent so don't worry.

In short let me tell you as you might have read (you prob noticed on facebook) that we were being accused of making stuff up about the start, starting with the pacing. We were told from TSS members that the (right lane) is the pace the (left lane) several times. We were called lairs and plenty of other things. We also got 0 help from TSS confirming what we stated. In the video, you will see point blank on the race in question that Ross was instructed to do so (set the pace). Furthermore you will also witness a clean start and Tony sleeping near a full second. The calculation that Stuart posted was inaccurate and we will clarify it in the video. The side video from front/side in the grass with the angler view is VERY, VERY misleading. The up close up in-car, on car and outside of car video clips from both cars will paint the true picture of the fair race that happened.

As you know the fastest car doesn't always win and you know this well when you beat Mullet.;) thanks man

I have no dog in this fight and I do think UR builds the coolest cars in the world. I also think that according to the "refs" a win was decided and, as they say, a "win's a win".

That said, in evaluating the 2 videos below in conjunction with each other, I can only think the final race was absolutely a slingshot start; not that it matters.

https://www.facebook.com/saleen449/posts/10213994847847958

https://www.facebook.com/stuart.leiby/video...02001922897811/

You are being tricked by the angles (not hard to do), trust me. Sit tight and all of you who doubt it will see.