sl55

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, sl55 said:

If you're at the factory find out if they're making a Huracan STS? I keep hearing rumours about a limited edition STS in the works.

Monterey event vs one of 36 EVO GT special editions given it's success and to compete with the Pista special edition. 

Performante is still fresh. 

48 hours til - some say low 2s 0 -60 and below 10s 1/4mile.

Drove the SV yesterday - factory race exhaust is second only IMO to the Carerra GT. 

While I will beg for a Roadster it may lose some Sian character and less usable just in case they say no R. 

Lambocars - thank you an excellent renderings might want to add some more depth to areas like the hood top lines. 

42 minutes ago, APB said:

Looks a lot better in the real world than in the renders. 

Showing an SVJ-R in brown & Sian in green agree looks better than renderings. 

They have new carbon colors and paints how this was chosen is ... interesting. 

Some cars are better in coupe format.

Some are better as roadsters.

Some are equally good in either format.

Based on coupe photos and roadster renders posted here - I think this particular car is way better as a coupe. I really liked this car on first sight and it just keeps getting better and better the more I view it.

I look forward to seeing one in the real. This car has all the makings of a future classic.

11 minutes ago, jtrump said:

Not a fan of the rear at all from the pics. Possibly in a different color it may look better, but not so sure. 

I agree. The rear looks weird and not feeling the taillights.

4 hours ago, APB said:

Orange one looks the best. Livery is "glow in the dark" right? 

The only glow in the dark in Monterey  was yellowish green, 

Pressed my iPhone light against the art formed plastic model and it would glow dimming down after 10 seconds. 

So many new selections it's a bit overwhelming - wish they would have raised the wing to get the full effect. 

Edited by Nuvolari612

8 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

The only glow in the dark in Monterey  was yellowish green, 

Pressed my iPhone light against the art formed plastic model and it would glow dimming down after 10 seconds. 

So many new selections it's a bit overwhelming - wish they would have raised the wing to get the full effect. 

Interesting, so basically the launch color or another color?

2 hours ago, APB said:

Interesting, so basically the launch color or another color?

Glow is more yellow / green think safety color that glows brighter towards yellow. 

Launch color I believe is going to the museum and no one can duplicate but who knows maybe if you change some carbon bits they allow it. 

Shmee has the best video that really shows the car details - satin matte at the end is stunning

Lamborghini seems to be becoming a caricature of itself. These designs are so over the top that it's as if they come from a futuristic Ridge Racer-like video game who couldn't get the license to Lamborghini and  had to make a knock-off. Thankfully this style hasn't found it's way into the series production models, but it doesn't give me high hopes for them either. It's closer to a really high-end tuner than it is bespoke coach building. It's what Mansory might produce if they knew they had the sales power of OEM.

$3 million for another excessive bodykit and likely the cheapest and least developed hybrid solution that they could come up with in time to milk the model late-cycle.

AM is offering the Valkyrie and Mercedes the One for this price. Ferrari is offering 1000 hp, less weight, and likely much better performance for $500,000. It seems like Winklemann's old antics are still paying dividends even though he has left and taken the multi-million dollar bodykit business model to Bugatti.

And if this is the hybrid route Lamborghini is actually taking, then I fear they will be dead in the water when it finally becomes series production. The Aventador needs a complete clean sheet design if it is to be even remotely competitive. Too heavy, outdated gearbox, weak electric augmentation. 800 hp is what you should get out of the petrol engine alone, not the combined system and not with the weight of the Aventador to push.

^Except SF90 Stradale doesn't cost anywhere near the 500k mark. It's more in-line with Senna's price. 

Also I'm glad that Lamborghini is back to numbering cars properly, no more of that 1 of X cars.