SVJ63 roadster?

alpha6164

Has anyone heard anything about a possibility of an SVJ63 roadster?

My dealer swear that they are going to do SVJ63 roadster. Which obviously wouldnt surprise me since they like to make a roadster version of everything (modern times sans 670SV). But i thought someone here may have heard. I wonder if they will show it in Monterey? 

• 2 weeks later...

There was a member who said they have an allocation for an SVJR 63. Nothing in writing. Rumor has it that it will show up at Quail during Monterey car week. 

There absolutely will be a SVJ-63 roadster.  All the dealers knew about it already but there’s suppose to be a media embargo on it at the moment.  As most have guessed it, the official launch will be at Monterey next month.  Like the SVJ-63 coupe, 63 will be made.  Suppose to have different livery from the coupe.  Dealers are already at work or had done their work on contacting potential owners to fill their allocations.  If anyone wants one, better contact a dealer soon.  Confirmation letter from Lamborghini SpA will be sent when the embargo is lifted.

On a separate but related note, there will also be another SV-? variant (sorry, I can’t disclose the name).  It’s both good & bad news depending on one’s perspective.  It will be the ultimate model of the Aventador series but...

...it is also not road legal.  It’s for racing only.  Think Huracan LP620-2 Super Trofeo and Ferrari FXX and you get the idea.  Consider Lambo’s current CEO, where he came from and it really isn’t that surprising.

I think it's safe to say that, in this day and age, if Lambo makes a coupe then a roadster will also be in the works (unless it's a Urus).

On 7/28/2019 at 9:54 PM, VCR said:

On a separate but related note, there will also be another SV-? variant (sorry, I can’t disclose the name).  It’s both good & bad news depending on one’s perspective.  It will be the ultimate model of the Aventador series but...

...it is also not road legal.  It’s for racing only.  Think Huracan LP620-2 Super Trofeo and Ferrari FXX and you get the idea.  Consider Lambo’s current CEO, where he came from and it really isn’t that surprising.

Dude... Literally made me pucker a bit til that last part LOL. 

• 2 weeks later...

I already like this livery more than the one on the coupe. It's a bit of an "eh" that the snorkel for the ALA system isn't in carbon fiber like on the coupe. Only the very rear seems to be in carbon fiber judging from that picture. 

5 hours ago, APB said:

I already like this livery more than the one on the coupe. It's a bit of an "eh" that the snorkel for the ALA system isn't in carbon fiber like on the coupe. Only the very rear seems to be in carbon fiber judging from that picture. 

Coupe is pretty cool -  but could not get an allocation. Luckily this one is confirmed 

Not exactly my definition of exciting but ok.  But can’t they at least try a tiny bit to update the interior a bit?

3AB61DF0-28E0-4690-8B3B-C6542070B427.jpeg

3A8AEDD4-3A79-47C6-8112-F1BDB61988AE.jpeg

2D0738D1-D48C-4720-974C-9A6C9DB6F259.jpeg

8B0A39EF-DB98-489E-BB10-A858949F9E12.jpeg

4DF50735-6CFA-4084-AED3-7D754FAFBAFF.jpeg

DFFBFBC9-4DE7-4107-B827-EC9F3CE3DA06.jpeg

3AB0F690-F31C-40D0-A20B-D9720C6639C1.jpeg

These cars look like a mess. Is there any evidence even 25% of those vanes, inlets, and diffusers are functional? It has more "aero" attachments than a GTE Pro car yet is likely much lower performance than a Pista that doesn't even have a real spoiler...

At probably $600,000+, I just see no value at all.

I'd take a clean, original Aventador coupe over these any day, and twice on Sunday. 2012 Aventador is still one of the best exotic designs of the last few decades and it's about $400,000 less than this.

4 hours ago, exitr said:

These cars look like a mess. Is there any evidence even 25% of those vanes, inlets, and diffusers are functional? It has more "aero" attachments than a GTE Pro car yet is likely much lower performance than a Pista that doesn't even have a real spoiler...

I'd take a clean, original Aventador coupe over these any day, and twice on Sunday. 2012 Aventador is still one of the best exotic designs of the last few decades and it's about $400,000 less than this.

Cant argue with that, although I think the SV is the best of breed (in the looks department) on the performance aspect probably the SVJ is King

On 8/18/2019 at 9:30 PM, E7ITE said:

A well-specced, standard, SVJ roadster will end up looking better than this.

So no one is going for this?

On 8/18/2019 at 2:46 PM, exitr said:

:iamwithstupid: nailed it

On 8/18/2019 at 10:36 AM, Destructo said:

It's nothing more than what we expected though. Just a decal, maybe a new color and they chopped the roof. Not surprising, not exciting sadly. 

It was exactly the correct way to end the AV - 63 is a special car and it's the last NA V12. 

I could be wrong but ... 770hp rear engine V12 with record ring time in roadster form. 

Next closest V12 roadster add 2M. 

So do you guys think this is a collector item? 

55 minutes ago, kingrichards said:

So do you guys think this is a collector item? 

Years down the road I'd speculate a clean SV-J (non 63 edition) would pull a better sale figure. But that could be my bias against "special-special edition cars." Decals don't do shit for me. Let the record speak for itself and move on. There will always be someone faster down the line.

Just now, Destructo said:

Years down the road I'd speculate a clean SV-J (non 63 edition) would pull a better sale figure. But that could be my bias against "special-special edition cars." Decals don't do shit for me. Let the record speak for itself and move on. There will always be someone faster down the line.

Damn you just ruined their plan lol 

34 minutes ago, Destructo said:

That is just wrong - go see the difference between a clean stradale and a striped or Ford GT Heritage and ... 

Feel free to share an example of your record my guess is you can not add Porsche has been tossing stickers for years appears to work out very well regardless the 63 Roadster paint scheme is sold out and there are many paint schemes and other items that were shared in Monterey.